Multi-Attacks = Multi-Counter Attacks

Rogee
178 posts Member
edited September 2017
When did this start? If I recall correctly it 'used to be' that if say Leia attacked Baze twice, Baze would counter attack once. If she attacked x3, he would counter x1.
Now those who counter are countering for every attack. i.e. Leia x3 attacks = Baze counter attacks x3.

Replies

• Options
    It's been like that as far as I can remember.
  • Options
    Been that way for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just used to attacking from stealth with Leia. And I haven't used FOTP in ages.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Dooku is fun to watch as he is hit counters during the attack and countinues to counter and Regenerate health on each counter. Watch it with Ezra watch and learn. It is hilarious watching him jump about like a money between 2 attackers on 4X
  • Options
    It's been like that as far as I can remember. Counter is triggered from any attack from the original attacker. So three attacks by Leia would trigger 3 counters. zSolo would get double countered the same as boba, etc.
    This does not apply to someone like Rey or Sabine who do multiple hits in one turn but only do 1 attack.
  • Options
    Dooku is fun to watch as he is hit counters during the attack and countinues to counter and Regenerate health on each counter. Watch it with Ezra watch and learn. It is hilarious watching him jump about like a money between 2 attackers on 4X

His zeta is pretty wicked.
  • Options
    swagmobile wrote: »
    It's been like that as far as I can remember. Counter is triggered from any attack from the original attacker. So three attacks by Leia would trigger 3 counters. zSolo would get double countered the same as boba, etc.
    This does not apply to someone like Rey or Sabine who do multiple hits in one turn but only do 1 attack.

Ahh, this is probably what confused me! Thanks all for the quick responses.
  • Options
    The answer to your question is in the wording of the skills....
    for example Fulcrum A.T.
    Consume all non-unique buffs on Ahsoka and deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack scores an additional hit for each type of buff consumed. The target can't Evade and has -50% Armor against this attack.

2nd example Leia
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to attack a second time and a 55% chance to attack a third time. Each attack has a 50% chance to grant 10% Turn Meter.

for F.A.T. you deal physical damage to the target enemy but for Leia you have a chance to attack a second time. You are confusing "deal damage" and "attack a second time, attack a third time" as the same type of calculation.

Hope this helps clarify things.
  • Options
    gelvatron wrote: »
    The answer to your question is in the wording of the skills....
    for example Fulcrum A.T.
    Consume all non-unique buffs on Ahsoka and deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack scores an additional hit for each type of buff consumed. The target can't Evade and has -50% Armor against this attack.

2nd example Leia
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to attack a second time and a 55% chance to attack a third time. Each attack has a 50% chance to grant 10% Turn Meter.

for F.A.T. you deal physical damage to the target enemy but for Leia you have a chance to attack a second time. You are confusing "deal damage" and "attack a second time, attack a third time" as the same type of calculation.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Yes, thanks!
  • Options
    The fun part is when you get into like a 5s and Biggs standoff and they just keep shooting each other over and over...
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's always been like that I think, but any bonus attacks included in the basic ability will only happen once even if there are multiple counter attacks
  • Options
    Always been like this
  • Options
    One thing that confuses me a little is Ezra's assist attack. I've been playing around with him in GW just for fun and I just assumed that since he calls target ally to attack and then he assists that this would bypass counters but he is still being countered and the ally who attacks isn't being countered which I find a bit weird. Is this WAI?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    One thing that confuses me a little is Ezra's assist attack. I've been playing around with him in GW just for fun and I just assumed that since he calls target ally to attack and then he assists that this would bypass counters but he is still being countered and the ally who attacks isn't being countered which I find a bit weird. Is this WAI?

He is still attacking during his turn.
    Cody can be countered when he uses 212th, chirpa can be countered when using his tribal unity.
    I have even seen 5's call Aalya and Aalya call 5's and 5's gets a double counter attack.

Any attack that character does during their turn no matter how it is triggered can be countered unless it states cannot be countered they are stealthed or the target is dazed before doing any damage
  • Options
    Fair enough. I just thought the way it was written specifically to say that the target ally is called to attack and Ezra then assists should it not be the target ally that gets countered rather than Ezra? Cody attacks and gets all clones to assist but only Cody gets countered not all the assists and because Cody's second attack is an assist he only gets countered once. Therefore assist attacks cannot be countered so why is Ezra being countered when it is described as an assist attack? I'm not complaining I'm just struggling to understand why it was written this way rather than "Ezra calls target ally first then Ezra attacks".
  • Options
    Fair enough. I just thought the way it was written specifically to say that the target ally is called to attack and Ezra then assists should it not be the target ally that gets countered rather than Ezra? Cody attacks and gets all clones to assist but only Cody gets countered not all the assists and because Cody's second attack is an assist he only gets countered once. Therefore assist attacks cannot be countered so why is Ezra being countered when it is described as an assist attack? I'm not complaining I'm just struggling to understand why it was written this way rather than "Ezra calls target ally first then Ezra attacks".

Well if characters did start counter attacking assists that could get fixed but it would be tedious watching 6+ counter attacks from abilities that call everyone to assist, especially with characters like Dooku
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

It was probably set up that way to give a little fun to the name of the ability.
    Watch and learn
    He watchs the attack to learn from it.

Mechanically he is simply given the action of performing a bonus move thus mechanically the same as chirpa in tribal unity or Cody 212th Ezra just has a little delay because bonus move is given to ally first then him where as clones and Ewoks are given bonus move at same time with respective attacks.

In all 3 situations they are assist attacks
    Tribal unity is described that way so is 212th.
    "call all ewok/clone allies to assist.. " even chirpa/Cody are assisting in this instance, they are using basic attack just like any other assist the ability it self has no damage. Just like watch and learn if the entire team is dazed no one would attack including cody/chirpa.
  • Options
    Do not omega chirpa and he calls all ewok allies to attack and does not attack himself and is not countered...
  • Options
    Zariss under GK does not trigger counters, but as mentioned she does not actually attack, just everyone else does.

The worst part is when Leia is counter attacking and I believe each of her potential stacks can keep going up to who knows what number.

Hitting a Leia with a double tap can trigger 5+ counter attacks which is crazy
  • Options
    Strategy. Don't use multi-attacks on counter toons. Freeze them, stun them, whatever. Science
  • Options
    Strategy. Don't use multi-attacks on counter toons. Freeze them, stun them, whatever. Science

I would like to see your arena team. Against CLS and friends, are you still using Old Daka?
  • Options
    I am getting my **** handed to me in Arena. I am still trying to build a viable team that does not look like Wiggs, Chaze R2 or Nil Palp Sidious Maul Dooku.

I have fought my share of CLS and R2. I know they suck not to have. I just had a Princess Leia 8 shot my Kanan because I targeted the wrong toon and the counter bonus battle was on. I am actually thinking of using a Jawa Droid pvp just to get away from the all dogone sameness. Just saw a viable Ewok team..all 7 star nice mods wicket is a beast. But I fear that won't last long in the top 20.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I am getting my **** handed to me in Arena. I am still trying to build a viable team that does not look like Wiggs, Chaze R2 or Nil Palp Sidious Maul Dooku.

I have fought my share of CLS and R2. I know they suck not to have. I just had a Princess Leia 8 shot my Kanan because I targeted the wrong toon and the counter bonus battle was on. I am actually thinking of using a Jawa Droid pvp just to get away from the all dogone sameness. Just saw a viable Ewok team..all 7 star nice mods wicket is a beast. But I fear that won't last long in the top 20.

I was thinking of Logray for a while since he can apply Daze on everybody and remove TM. But of course, he's not yet farmable but if he should fit his role at 3*.

I also think a Boba lead with the 2 new Smugglers can be good since new Chewie also Daze (also not yet farmable). It can be good with Old Ben and a fifth (Leia/Han).
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Well if characters did start counter attacking assists that could get fixed but it would be tedious watching 6+ counter attacks from abilities that call everyone to assist, especially with characters like Dooku

Once upon a time every attack was countered.
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just used to attacking from stealth with Leia. And I haven't used FOTP in ages.

Yeah, this is the case. Counterattacks used to be pretty rare, as were cleanses. So you didn't often attack out of stealth, nor would you run into counters, and therefore didn't see this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

And the player base liked it so much they decided they had to change it?
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

And the player base liked it so much they decided they had to change it?

I honestly don't remember why they changed it. Was the same time they changed it so taunting characters would take all counter attacks.