Jawa Basic Attack Damage Multiplier is Wrong at ranks 6+

I noticed this while looking at https://swgohdb.com/heroes/jawa

The damage coefficient for the basic ability drops from 2.288 to 1.82 at rank 7, and stays there for rank 8. These numbers are pulled from the game data files.

I was able to look at the raw data myself and confirm that that was the case. Not only are ranks 7 and 8 much too low, rank 6 is actually higher than it should be; it is at what Rank 7 and 8 should be.

The values in basicability_jawa_damage_u03 are 2.2 (25% over base; correct) and .25 (base bonus damage) and in basicability_jawa_damage_u04, they increase to 2.288 (30% over base; incorrect, correct for u05, though) and .35 (base + 10 %; correct). Then in basicability_jawa_damage_u05 they are 1.82 (barely over base) and .35 (base + 10 %; still correct).

Significantly, 1.82 is just about 103.5% of the base (1.76), which indicates that two mistakes might have been made. Assuming the 5% increase in base damage at rank 6 was intended (in addition to the 10% increase in bonus damage), and just unlisted, then the 5% bonus at rank 7 would bring the intended total to 35% over base, so perhaps a decimal point error made it 3.5% instead of 35% somewhere, to arrive at the value of 1.82. Such errors have precedent (see: Dooku's bonus attack rate). Whatever the intention is, there is some combination of math, text description, and/or data entry errors here.

For anyone following along at home, it's u03 and u04, not u04 and u06, because each category of upgrade are enumerated separately, and starts at BASE before going to u01 etc. Damage has a base value and 5 upgrades. The Speed debuff has a base value (not referenced until rank 5) and 1 upgrade. Etc.

I haven't technically confirmed this in game, because I don't want to upgrade past 6 if the damage will only drop, and the evidence I've seen seems pretty damning that there is in fact a bug in the data.

TLDR: Dear guy/gal in charge of tuning data spreadsheets:
basicability_jawa_damage_u04, 2.288, .3
should be
basicability_jawa_damage_u04, 2.2, .3

and

basicability_jawa_damage_u05, 1.82, .3
shoud be
basicability_jawa_damage_u05, 2.288, .3

Unless the 5% damage boost for u04 is intended, in which case the description for that upgrade should be changed and
basicability_jawa_damage_u05, 1.82, .3
should be
basicability_jawa_damage_u05, 2.376, .3

Replies

• I've noticed this as well, upgrading to level 7 has reduced damage by 20% - 30%.

It's a significant enough reduction that I've had to basically bench my Jawa in arena and mostly in GW as well. =(