Story Mode Idea

Quinlan_Vos_Country
67 posts Member
edited September 2017
I just wanted to get a consensus on how people felt about a story mode in this game.

I've written a few adaptations independently of how a story mode can take place in this game that occasionally dips in and out of the new established canon while creating original moments for fan favorite toons.

One of which I have the most passion for lately is a story mode for Boba Fett and his creation and recruitment of his bounty hunter syndicate. This story mode would be in chapter installments with several replayable nodes that each contain a cut scene, character dialouge, and unique rewards; such as recruiting a member of the syndicate at the end of each chapter (with gear, credits, mods also). Each chapter of the story mode would include it's own beginning, middle and end and play essentially as it's own playable star wars animated episode. This would give the feeling of progression to this game which and the devs can lock chapters based on required characters gear, ability, and ship levels as applicable and require eventually to use all members of the syndicate in one mission or chapter depending on the story.

Without giving too much away, one of the ideas I had for a chapter would be boba's standoff with Cad Bane, the beginning of how their tension built up and their infamous duel thats considered canon but never aired. The cut scene would show how boba, narrowly avoids death while getting that well known "dent" in his helmet.

I am hoping for constructive feedback wherever possible. I have put a lot of thought and effort into this and would love to see something like this to be implemented within the game, which I love, but at the same time feels rather shallow and missing it's opportunity. This concept is something also that can be opened up to essentially every character in the star wars universe and create a more immersive game, toons like jango, maul, jedi luke and the new order are also other story modes I have developed stories for. Thanks for reading :)

Edit: misspelling cad bane :neutral:
Post edited by Quinlan_Vos_Country on

Replies

• It's a nice thought. I like the chapter story mode idea. It would require young Boba, Bossk, and a few other additions, but the core elements are there. The Mace / Anakin trap would be a good start point. There are a lot of possibilities.

Rather than an unlock shards per month for a featured character, you unlock their story mode and gear or a mod can replace the shards as daliy reward.

Hell, I'd be happy with a Bastilla and Revan story line like this.
  • It's a nice thought. I like the chapter story mode idea. It would require young Boba, Bossk, and a few other additions, but the core elements are there. The Mace / Anakin trap would be a good start point. There are a lot of possibilities.

Rather than an unlock shards per month for a featured character, you unlock their story mode and gear or a mod can replace the shards as daliy reward.

Hell, I'd be happy with a Bastilla and Revan story line like this.

Exactly what I was trying to go for :) I feel like it would add much needed depth to the game and the possibilities are really endless here.
  • Isn't that essentially what they're doing with Luke's Journey?
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Isn't that essentially what they're doing with Luke's Journey?

you mean like write 3 lines of text and let you fight some jawas and tuskens? meh.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Isn't that essentially what they're doing with Luke's Journey?

I view what they are doing with luke's story as a barebones version of the story mode I'm suggesting.

I want this to be more episodic, containing cutscenes, focusing on player and toon progression that specifically pertain to the story, and player dialogue that contains original content and expands the lore and can occasionally lean on the canon.

The goals here is to add an element of player and toon progression while providing an immersive star wars experience.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. However whether it be GW, TB, HAAT, luke's journey, Rancor, ship battles, the gameplay sort of all feels the same to me the only difference is new skins. In it's current form, there is no progression rather than a gear grind, and that can't stand on it's own.
  • Who is remembering Star Wars Assault Game from 2014 ?
  • Who is remembering Star Wars Assault Game from 2014 ?
    ooh-yeah-member-8815419.png

• I completely agree with the OP! I wish the devs would do this. Sadly, I don't see much profit for them in it which, in their eyes, is a waste of time. I really hope they consider this though, seeing as the Commander Luke Skywalker story mode was received well by the audience - especially the Old Ben vs Vader episode. HERE'S AN IDEA: I wish the devs made gear 12 achievable by an individual character story mode for each. That way we use our time and resources (money) to get our. characters to gear 11 then we are rewarded with a free gear 12 by completing a difficult battle phase. Plus, everyone would be curious to see everyone's unique story mode - even Mob Enforcer's haha
  • I think it is a great idea. I would add that the story should allow the character to earn gear specifically for that character and once they finished the story mode they would have enough to completely level, gear, ability and mod them.

The story mode should also have the same training tutorial techniques like the ones they've done during events that help train players on the most effective way to master them and promote the right squads to use them in.

Included in the rewards could be additional unique currency to purchase more items like gear, shards, etc... or perhaps even things that you can't buy in other shops like crystals, energy, other shop currency in the story mode.

The story modes should be accessible as soon as a player unlocks them.

• deadeye wrote: »
    I think it is a great idea. I would add that the story should allow the character to earn gear specifically for that character and once they finished the story mode they would have enough to completely level, gear, ability and mod them.

The story mode should also have the same training tutorial techniques like the ones they've done during events that help train players on the most effective way to master them and promote the right squads to use them in.

Included in the rewards could be additional unique currency to purchase more items like gear, shards, etc... or perhaps even things that you can't buy in other shops like crystals, energy, other shop currency in the story mode.

The story modes should be accessible as soon as a player unlocks them.

These are some great ideas to add to it :) thanks for them!
  • Yeah. Include some movie and cartoon scenes in that story mode and you have that vote.
  • That's a great idea. It should be similar to the CLS event, only more episodic and gives you more rewards such as gear 12,11 mods and who knows, maybe even zetas
    ?
    MS
  • That's a great idea. It should be similar to the CLS event, only more episodic and gives you more rewards such as gear 12,11 mods and who knows, maybe even zetas
    ?

That would be the idea, or at least give you a fun way to earn new toons at a modest gear/ability level. With that, there are ways to monetize this concept, such as locking the story until certain toon requirements are met, playable refreshes, etc. so CG can still make money and their consumers can be happy at the same time. :smile: