How bout we focus some on ships again

When we got phoniex squad and the imperial trooper faction we were rewarded allitle having some new ships added, having a few more added might be cool. Also I would not be against a monthly ship shard instead of characters once and awhile, I know it was Christmas time, but last December with bistan ship and RPF daily rewards that was awesome

Replies

• No don't add anymore ships how about instead if adding more ships take all if the ships that they made exclusive to the mega pack that no one buys cause the chances of get the shards for the ships you want is so atrocious because there's also shards for characters. Make those ships ie, Kylo Rens Command Shuttle, The Millennium Falcon, Cassian's U wing, Tie Reaper, and make those ships farmable, or put them in the fleet shop with decent frequency. That would be better than new ships at this point.
  • Agree!
  • How about fixing the regular crashes and slowdowns during ship battles first?
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    No don't add anymore ships how about instead if adding more ships take all if the ships that they made exclusive to the mega pack that no one buys cause the chances of get the shards for the ships you want is so atrocious because there's also shards for characters. Make those ships ie, Kylo Rens Command Shuttle, The Millennium Falcon, Cassian's U wing, Tie Reaper, and make those ships farmable, or put them in the fleet shop with decent frequency. That would be better than new ships at this point.

Cassian's U-Wing is now available in Guild Event Shop. Not the fastest farm, but still freely available.
  • Yeah we need a major ships update. Take the data mine from a while back and implement it. Separatist capital ship, lots of cool new ships added (including the best pilot in the galaxy), and most importantly, ship energy so we can farm!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Yeah we need a major ships update. Take the data mine from a while back and implement it. Separatist capital ship, lots of cool new ships added (including the best pilot in the galaxy), and most importantly, ship energy so we can farm!

I'm guessing there just isn't enough money in fleet to get the devs to work on any real content for it.
  • IgneoMorte wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Yeah we need a major ships update. Take the data mine from a while back and implement it. Separatist capital ship, lots of cool new ships added (including the best pilot in the galaxy), and most importantly, ship energy so we can farm!

I'm guessing there just isn't enough money in fleet to get the devs to work on any real content for it.

Or there's too much money, and they don't want to ruin it.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

This is a real shame, however, because ships was my favorite portion of the game for about 5 months. Now, however, everyone has the same team and it's just repetitive and boring.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    IgneoMorte wrote: »

I meant there isn't enough potential to make money from the players off of ship updates, I wasn't referring to the money already spent by the company.
    I'm saying, the money and time required to work on ships would be better spent on other, more profitable ventures.
    The company thinks they can't make enough money off of it.
  • Ships in this game are caught in a catch 22 loop.

The player base finds ships dull because there's too few ships with too little use for them so don't buy ship stuff.

The devs only hear negative feedback about ships and it doesn't bring in a lot of money, so they don't spend any time improving it.

Rinse and repeat.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Ships in this game are caught in a catch 22 loop.

The player base finds ships dull because there's too few ships with too little use for them so don't buy ship stuff.

The devs only hear negative feedback about ships and it doesn't bring in a lot of money, so they don't spend any time improving it.

Rinse and repeat.

+1 (fully agree)
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    How about fixing the regular crashes and slowdowns during ship battles first?

That would be nice, customer support let me know that maybe my iOS was out of date so surely it's my fault!

I meant there isn't enough potential to make money from the players off of ship updates, I wasn't referring to the money already spent by the company.
    I'm saying, the money and time required to work on ships would be better spent on other, more profitable ventures.

Like add another Han maybe? :flushed:

I was thinking that krakens are spending thousands on fleet mega packs, and the devs are loving it.
  • It has been 5 months since the last ship was released (Gauntlet Starfighter). There are ships in the game that are still unfarmable despite having been out for over 6 months.

One ship a month should be enough to keep them from getting stale, and they should have all non-farmable ships available in either fleet or guild event stores by now. Of course once they start releasing new ships again there would be a period for those ships where they were only needed in packs.

It shouldn't be that hard to come up with one ship a month either. They don't even have to coincide with character releases, there's more than enough characters in the game already who have examples of having flown in canon. The ships can be given out to them: JKA, GK, Zam, Luke (one or both), Han (any of them really), Lando, Bodhi Rook, Director Krennic, Thrawn, Royal Guard, Grievous, etc. etc.

Now some of those people would just be command ships like Kylo's, but I am okay with that. We already have 4 xwings in the game, and I want at least Luke's on top of it. More Millenium Falcons would be good, a Han/Chewie variety, and a Lando/Nien Nunb one. How about some A-wings too?

I would at least like to see enough of each of the major ship factions to form complete fleets, which means 9 regular ships along with one capital ship. And speaking of Capital Ships, when are we going to be able to 7 star them so we can use that last reinforcement slot?

Like I said above, I understand the reticence of the team to produce more ship content, but there's a snowball effect to consider. Once there is enough content, it will keep going on its own. It just needs enough to reach that point, and it isn't there.

• Woodroward wrote: »
    It has been 5 months since the last ship was released (Gauntlet Starfighter). There are ships in the game that are still unfarmable despite having been out for over 6 months.

One ship a month should be enough to keep them from getting stale, and they should have all non-farmable ships available in either fleet or guild event stores by now. Of course once they start releasing new ships again there would be a period for those ships where they were only needed in packs.

It shouldn't be that hard to come up with one ship a month either. They don't even have to coincide with character releases, there's more than enough characters in the game already who have examples of having flown in canon. The ships can be given out to them: JKA, GK, Zam, Luke (one or both), Han (any of them really), Lando, Bodhi Rook, Director Krennic, Thrawn, Royal Guard, Grievous, etc. etc.

Now some of those people would just be command ships like Kylo's, but I am okay with that. We already have 4 xwings in the game, and I want at least Luke's on top of it. More Millenium Falcons would be good, a Han/Chewie variety, and a Lando/Nien Nunb one. How about some A-wings too?

I would at least like to see enough of each of the major ship factions to form complete fleets, which means 9 regular ships along with one capital ship. And speaking of Capital Ships, when are we going to be able to 7 star them so we can use that last reinforcement slot?

Like I said above, I understand the reticence of the team to produce more ship content, but there's a snowball effect to consider. Once there is enough content, it will keep going on its own. It just needs enough to reach that point, and it isn't there.

+1
    +1
    +1

Phenomenal post
  • Moving to Feedback: Ships
  • A tie bomber would be cool also
  • Some ships updates would be nice
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Some new ship (JKA starfighter GK, star fighter, red 5, maybe GG starfighter too) just to name a few and a Ship raid would all be good improvements also BRING BACK GEAR TO FLEET SHIPMENTS PLEEEEEEEEEEASE pretty please?!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • murphsith wrote: »
    When we got phoniex squad and the imperial trooper faction we were rewarded allitle having some new ships added, having a few more added might be cool. Also I would not be against a monthly ship shard instead of characters once and awhile, I know it was Christmas time, but last December with bistan ship and RPF daily rewards that was awesome

I quite happy you were working on this during my post much better, just daily log can't we show ship shards once and awhile lol
  • Venerable ships like the A-Wing, B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Defender, Tie Bomber, Tie Interceptor might work. Tantive IV, The Fulminatrix, Finalizer, or Corvus for new capital ships.