Future Released Characters + Territory Battles

A thought came to mind the other day, and this may or may not have already been answered, when new characters are released (specifically Lightside characters, i.e. Veteran Smuggler Han and Chewie) how soon into there release cadence will those toons be required for platoons within Territory Battles? When they are required, will they be a potential requirement for all phases or only earlier ones, i.e. 3 or 4 star requirements?

Replies

• I realized, after posting this, I didn't give much room for community feedback, as this is more of a direct question for developers. Ooops
  • And there will be no direct answer lol
  • I find it sad everyone has forgotten about veteran Han and Chewie so quickly lol.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Not this guy. I'm working on them till they get released somewhere to be farmed.
    I love their kits! Those two will be awesome when maxed!
  • Silky wrote: »
    I find it sad everyone has forgotten about veteran Han and Chewie so quickly lol.

Bcause they are marquee, also they are scoundrel. Low interest.. and they don't bring falcon. Who's gonna buy it? :frowning:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Silky wrote: »
    I find it sad everyone has forgotten about veteran Han and Chewie so quickly lol.

Bcause they are marquee, also they are scoundrel. Low interest.. and they don't bring falcon. Who's gonna buy it? :frowning:

Will be both required to unlock Super Awakened Rey ... so people will buy it :)
  • Jos33680 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Lol.. another trap like old ben, HRS duo

(insert admiral ackbar it's a trap meme here)
  • If any Devs do happen to read this, a comment either here or in the next Game Update/SotG would be appreciated. Thanks for all the hard work. :)
  • Moving to the Territory Battles sub
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Jos33680 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Lol.. another trap like old ben, HRS duo

(insert admiral ackbar it's a trap meme here)

This is probably exactly what will happen. You'll need Rey, Finn, BB8, VSHan, VSChewie to do Rey's hero's journey with the new film.

I wondered why they released VSHan and Chewie with so little fanfare. It was like, here they are and then they immediately got released -- this is out of keeping with every single other character release so far. But if these two need to be farmable in time to push people to 7* them in panic mode before the new films hit then it makes sense -- get them out the door. If I were planning that I'd put one in Cantina and one in the Guild Shop / Fleet Store to force a cantina crystal panic on one, and a store refresh panic on the other.
  • SolariJedi wrote: »
    A thought came to mind the other day, and this may or may not have already been answered, when new characters are released (specifically Lightside characters, i.e. Veteran Smuggler Han and Chewie) how soon into there release cadence will those toons be required for platoons within Territory Battles? When they are required, will they be a potential requirement for all phases or only earlier ones, i.e. 3 or 4 star requirements?

Yeah, asked multiple times and no answer. But, as I wrote in another post - I've realized that if you just focus on the teams you need to beat the battles, the platoons are basically unnecessary. Ultimately, when you have good roster, I asked, why are platoons even in the game?

It doesn't make sense - the guilds that need to fill those platoons to win are the ones who don't have a hope to get a falcon. I guess it's an attempt to get new people to try the hard gamble to get falcon, but I don't see anyone but the 0.1%'ers doing this.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I know when they will be required in platoons. The next TB after the packs expire. I wish I was wrong, or this was sarcasm, but it's probably more sickly true than any of us want to beleive, until it happens :|
  • So Devs, it's been right at a week since I posed this question. Could a little insight be given, please?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    SolariJedi wrote: »
    So Devs, it's been right at a week since I posed this question. Could a little insight be given, please?

I'm guessing this response to the same question from RyDiggs on another thread is the best we are going to get:
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs -- does this mean that the pool of characters who can be in the Hoth TB is dynamic, and thus will be expanded to include new characters like Vet Han and Vet Chewie, or are you referring to future iterations of TB?

TB was built to be much more flexible than previous Raids. I don't want to promise or set expectations for the future, HOWEVER, the thought is that they are intended to grow with the game. However that works in the future. Stick around, I think you'll be happy ;)