Character Shard drop rates down?

Prev1
So, as we all noticed by now, the most recent update features Shards in the regular Shipments section. Obviously at a steep Crystals cost.

Simultaneously my drop rates farming those exact same Shards have dropped from 2-3 per day through 6 missions to 0, zero, nada.
Coincidence, bug, or am I just seeing ghosts here?
Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride

Replies

• Options
    I spent 220 cantina energy and got 2 consular shards. Thats never happened. Drops were def nerfed.
  • Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Waaaayyyyy down.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    No official post about today's update?
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    I didn't even get half of my usual shards from shard farming. Definitely nerfed.

Odd, as it was a big complaint by many that the drops were too low as it was. So they made it worse.
  • Options
    Same with me. I used 200 cantina energy and only got 3 consular shards.
  • Options
    my shard rate seemed normal today, but could have just been lucky
  • Options
    Seemed alright for me farming chewie shards, around 50% drop rate
  • Options
    I guess EA is not making any money with their pricey upgrades and they're testing to see if we will be compelled to buy crystals to get shards. The deal is just not cost effective. I'd rather get the shards through Galactic shipments instead, unless they changed that as well. We'll see tonight...

The lesson here is, EA needs to lower prices...
  • Options
    Was that before or after the update?
  • Options
    That's pretty awful if they did lower the drop rates. I wish they'd put out some patch notes. I was getting about a 1/3 drop rate before the patch. When I do energy refreshes at midnight I'll see if that's changed.
  • Options
    Was that before or after the update?

If they don't lower prices, both...
  • Options
    They didn't reduce drop rates lol, I just got 5 boba shards out of 6 runs. You can't just blame updates just because you had some bad RNG right after it.

Additionally, if you go to reddit of SWGOH, the devs there already indicated specifically that there are no plans to change drop rates of shards as of now.
  • Options
    It's funny that devs spend more time on reddit than their own official forum
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    SeroZero wrote: »
    They didn't reduce drop rates lol, I just got 5 boba shards out of 6 runs. You can't just blame updates just because you had some bad RNG right after it.

Additionally, if you go to reddit of SWGOH, the devs there already indicated specifically that there are no plans to change drop rates of shards as of now.

5 put of 6!! What the world I guess some of us are just lucky ;)
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just got 8 out of 14 in the Cantina followed by 1 of 9 in some hard modes. The hard modes were low, but that's happened before.
  • Options
    It is human nature to fill in the blanks without having all of the information.

They just added a way to purchase shards with crystals, I got unlucky with shard farming today, this can not be a coincidence.

Seems like a fallacy to me. Although on a note to buying shards. As for cost, 80x50 to unlock a typical 4* = 4000 crystals = around £20. Which seems about in line with the bundles they have on sale for new players given that you have more options, and considering you can still farm them from other means in the meantime.

I don't see them as all that bad, you don't really have to grab them but the option is there to throw an extra £1 at them to speed it up.
  • Options
    Sure, Akster, my comment about the shard prices wasn't meant to be negative. Figures, 500 crystals for a guaranteed drop of 10 shards versus 350 for one Chromium pack is more expensive, but fair.

And thanks for the responses everyone, I'll let you know when I get my first shard from the hard modes since the update. :)

May the RNG be with you all, for it is strong in this one!
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Meh I got about 50% for Chewie, 80% for Doku, and 33% for Resistance Trooper.
  • Options
    So, drops are going again. Hit the regular 1/6 for Dooku and Talia after getting 50% Talia yesterday.
    Still not that amazing if I see other people getting EIGHTY (!!!) percent, just wow.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Im not positive but I'm still pretty sure cantina shard drops lowered.
  • Options
    I've been farming cantina for awhile now and I can see a difference regardless of other opinions stated.. I don't mind it being difficult to farm characters, but I don't like getting sucker-punched each time I run through a mission and get nothing. I'm still progressing in farming character shards, but let's be real, I'll reach lvl 60 before I have a single 7* character.
  • Options
    I really think there's some sort of diminishing returns. When you get so many shards, the next shard is harder to get.

I've noticed this pattern on both hard battles and cantina.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    1 consular shard in 10 cantina runs. 0 consular shards in 9 hard mode runs. 0 dooku shards in 6 hard mode runs.

it's a little worse than the past 2-3 days, but starting on monday this week, i've had less shards drop than usual. it's not a large sample size so i can't really make any conclusions yet
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Honestly, I am finding char shards drop great for me today...compared to the last few days. :)
  • Options
    To the guys running low on Cantina Shards, one thing I've found out is NEVER run through the mission, ALWAYS use skip coupons or whatever it's called. I'm farming Luke, and on something like 10 runs I maybe had 1 single drop, but on the 50+ skips I have at least scored 15-20 shards. Same goes for hard missions actually.

My ally points (+20) are accumulated only when I run through new missions or when I farm for gear.
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll offer some of the better characters cause the ones I have on offer are
    NachoFoot wrote: »
    I really think there's some sort of diminishing returns. When you get so many shards, the next shard is harder to get.

I've noticed this pattern on both hard battles and cantina.

I'd agree with that. Currently farming to 4* Luke. Got to 25 shards very quickly. Currently at 29 and the shards since 25 have taken forever.

• Options
    I have a bit of a sample size now. The cantina shard drop rates have definitely decreased since they started selling shards in the shipments. Previous drop rate was 36% based on 173 attempts. Now it's 20% based on 61 attempts.
    So, spend your crystals wisely...(or don't lol)
  • Options
    It's definitely lower across the board. It felt like about 1/3 rates overall before they did the shipments and now it's more like 1/4 or 1/5 for a shard in any mode
  • Options
    2 shard drops in 3 refills
    1 refill to get 1 white material

One 2 star and one 1 star from the 20 latest Chronium packs bought.

This game started off great but the fun factor is quickly diminishing. Hoping my luck will "turn around" but not holding my breath.

I know the developers has to make money and has to have the right balance not letting too much drop but why continue spending money when nothing drops? Or continue playing for that matter?

I'll cut down on spending and if shards continue dropping at a rate of 1 or less per refil I'm done all together.
  • Options
    It has been a few days since my original comment about noticing a decrease in shard drops. After a larger, though not exhaustive, sample size, I'm certain the drops were decreased. At least the numbers say so in comparison to what I was getting before the update.