Is it just me, or is the arena ... quiet ... recently?

I have a full G11 team - nobody is G12 yet. My mods are average at best - R2 is 239 speed, CLS is 238, Chirrut 236, and Leia 228. I doubt very seriously I'm blowing anybody away on defense. Basically my team isn't particularly intimidating in the current meta.

Yet for the past couple of nights, I've barely dropped at all. I finished my arena battles last night at about 6:30 at rank 36, and this morning I was 41. I climbed to 26 at 6 AM and I'm 28 right now (whoops, just double checked - some monster just beat me and I'm 34 now :)).

Anyway, it might just be me, but it seems as though the arena is pretty not busy right now, and I'm wondering if anybody else is noticing that.

As an aside, I do wish we could get a "defense report", which would just be a list of who attacked us, at what time, and if we won or lost. I want to know if I dropped from 36 to 41 and fought off 10 teams, or if only one person attacked me (and I lost). That would be cool information to know.

Replies

• Yeah I feel like it's quiet. I climbed into the top 50 for the first time yesterday and I haven't dropped out of it yet. That seems odd. I'm wondering if the people leaving because of dissatisfaction with TBs is that high
  • Yap same here. I barely kick out of top 15. Before TB i usually ended up in 30ish before i climb for payout. I also notice some people in my shard are gone
  • Maybe yours is. I have been getting bumped farther and farther away from contention. A month ago, I was ranked between 100 and 150. Now I'm struggling to stay under 300.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Maybe yours is. I have been getting bumped farther and farther away from contention. A month ago, I was ranked between 100 and 150. Now I'm struggling to stay under 300.

Accept the new meta, embrace it, and feel its power.
  • Top ten has been just as busy as always but hey we got 16/20 top guys in are shard chat, every day were shufflin
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »
    Maybe yours is. I have been getting bumped farther and farther away from contention. A month ago, I was ranked between 100 and 150. Now I'm struggling to stay under 300.

I'm building for what I believe is coming: the Jedi Meta. I think the Jedi will finally be able to hold defensively with a team of:

zQGJ (L), GK, Zarris, Zoda, Hermit

All of that foresight, coupled with the healing and the unique boost from Zermit, this team should be able to force a time out.

Then, offensively, Jedi are just short of having a really good squad. Jedi Rey will probably put them over the top.
  • Maybe. I have a pretty good zqgj and zoda (both over 200 speed and almost g12) I've been tempted to level jka past g9 but you might be right. I don't have a GK but with that team I'd imagine with a good JKA you could hold pretty well even without he hermit.

Climbing the ladder though...
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Yap same here. I barely kick out of top 15. Before TB i usually ended up in 30ish before i climb for payout. I also notice some people in my shard are gone

Good point. I wonder if to they added more servers to try to address the TB load problem and rebalanced players over the shards and that coorespondingly would affect rankings as a lot fewer players would be fighting for 20-100
  • Been quiet for weeks since I went with CLS lead and zeta'd Han. I go up a few slots and down a few slots daily, but generally an at around 75 when I wake up and my couple of battles to get to the 60s (Nov'15). It's very tough to advance on my arena, but at least I don't drop much. It's actually taken a lot of the pressure off - I do my 2 daily battles and maybe a few more if I feel like trying my squad against a full meta g12. I'm relatively happy with my rank, given the players I've been competing with for almost 2 years.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    Then, offensively, Jedi are just short of having a really good squad. Jedi Rey will probably put them over the top.

zQGJ, zR2 (NC), zHan, Ezra, and GK. G11, 11, 11, 10, and 12. Demolish full G12 CLS teams routinely and can place top 3 daily, as long as time allows. Not full Jedi, but about the best you can get right now.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Funny how many tags R2 has... not Jedi but NC benefits all those non rebel Jedi anyway
  • Moving to Arena and Character Strategy
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I have always seen variation day to day for no discernible reason. Some days I wake up in the same spot I finished my arena hour, other days I've fallen 20+ spots.
  • My fleet arena, at least, seems a lot busier on the weekends, then quiets down during the week, though after being in top 50 for a few weeks, I've not been able to reach top 50 again. I think people are gear 12ing their pilots in my fleet arena.
  • Mines busy. Anyone without CLS is dropping like rocks
  • Mines busy. Anyone without CLS is dropping like rocks

That would be me, lol. 43 of the top 50 in my arena use him. I'm struggling to keep top 70 or so. Just before Luke's release, I was almost always above 50. Back when there was some diversity in arena... I'm missing it already.
  • I believe until the meta completely settles down there are a few squads that are though to defeat.

I used to finish 1st most days before CLS, but it was also tougher to make the top 5 and the drop over night was sensible. Now I'm struggling to beat a couple of teams, but I'm barely falling out of the top 10 anymore, so while I was often spending 50 crystals to make one refresh to secure the 1st spot, now I'm finishing 2nd several days, but I still have 2 battles remaining after my payout most days.

• It's you. Mine was quiet a few weeks ago and now I struggle to stay top 50
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »

I'm building for what I believe is coming: the Jedi Meta. I think the Jedi will finally be able to hold defensively with a team of:

zQGJ (L), GK, Zarris, Zoda, Hermit

All of that foresight, coupled with the healing and the unique boost from Zermit, this team should be able to force a time out.

Which Jedi is immune to Annihilate?
  • Ours is busy - Jan '16 shard.

I drop from #1 to 15-25 when the cycle starts again.

A lot of newer guys seem to be involved though since G12 was rolled out but they're becoming quieter again - maybe the novelty is wearing off. Otherwise you've got a hardcore top 20 group which is there abouts daily.