Phasma Novel is superb!

I just finished the book... i literally read it cover to cover...like thrawn... i don't know which one i like more... but this new phasma novel is just incredible... and intoxicating.

Phasma is like the ____ Batman of the SW universe... only... well... i let you read it yourselves and figure out what word to put in that blank space...

If you haven't read thrawn or phasma, start there, both books are some the best novels I've ever read... but judge for yourself.

Replies

• I'll wait for the movie.

Or they'll start doing what marvel/dc does and release a bunch of animated movies/side stories between big movies.
  • Han solo is first
    Then boba fett
    And then obi wan...

Your gonna wait awhile...

If you detest reading that much then try audio books... you wont regret it.
  • It's more a time thing than a detest reading thing.
  • Me and books you know.... And I would have to read it in english too.. :#
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I just finished the book... i literally read it cover to cover...like thrawn... i don't know which one i like more... but this new phasma novel is just incredible... and intoxicating.

Phasma is like the ____ Batman of the SW universe... only... well... i let you read it yourselves and figure out what word to put in that blank space...

If you haven't read thrawn or phasma, start there, both books are some the best novels I've ever read... but judge for yourself.

I loved thrawn. Will have to check phasma. I hear nothing but good things about some audio books. Also I think Zahn trying to pitch Thrawn and Anakin book.
  • It's basically mad max of Star Wars
  • It's basically mad max of Star Wars

Funny, I would have equated it more with Kint (Usual Suspects) telling us about The Wizard of Oz.
    (sorry, didn't love it, won't say any more)
  • I really enjoyed the book a lot too....It gives an interesing and compelling backstory to Phasma and introduces a few new interesting characters...

But just finished Leia, Princess of Alderaan last night and I've got to say I liked it more than Phasma...maybe it was just the tie-ins with Rogue One, A new Hope and Bloodline & Lost Stars(the other books from Claudia Gray)...and by the end when I realized who a certain character is, I got even more excited about The Last Jedi than I was before :)
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Haven't read that one yet. Started with princess Leia book which I thought was decent. Interesting back story.
  • Right now, I'm way too involved in the Marvel comics. Wish I would have started Poe Dameron though.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • The old books were always kind of a crapshoot, so I haven't been interested in reading the new ones. Good to hear there are some good ones, I'll check them out later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    The old books were always kind of a crapshoot, so I haven't been interested in reading the new ones. Good to hear there are some good ones, I'll check them out later.

Agree on the old ones some of those authors. And it was worse cause it was a whole kitten story line so had to read the bad with the good.
    So far I have enjoyed all the new novels.
  • Lol, I posted about the book a while ago and mods moved it to arena strategy:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/132561/phasma-book-and-possible-ds-heroes#latest

I hope they add Cardinal to swgoh. I also thought the silver armor was stupid at first, but Book made it more interesting. Basically it fixed a lot of the plot holes and missteps of TFA
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I read the book day one it came out. Well audiobook but same difference and I just loved it too. I think it might be my favorite canon book overall and the new leia book is just awesome too.
  • Basically the book is mad max meets Star Wars and Phasma is BA. I hope they put cardinal in the game a red armored stormtrooper will be cool to see a full team of all first order stormtroopers
  • Well i knew the new Thrawn book would be awesome when i seen zahn wrote it... it has been decades since read tbe orginal hiers series way back in my college days... i remember loving them so much i skiped out on my P&P D&D games to read hiers & dark force... so yeah the new thrawn novel got me started on the new books... and listened to Thrawn on audible... i was amazed... it's phenomenal.
    Then i read/listened to Tarkin, Ahsoka and now Phasma... which i syarted reading last night about 10pm...all night, couldnt stop. So i bought the audible version so i could finish it at work... yeah i thought Phasma was great... the only thing it was missing was...

https://youtu.be/Gk78FruS0Ds
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I will read the SW wiki in a few months.
  • Is there a cheap way to get an ebook or audiobook of it?
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Is there a cheap way to get an ebook or audiobook of it?

Library
  • I finished phasma about 3:40ish pm... and posted this thread as soon as i got done with work... hopefully thats teztament enough to how flipping BA i thought Phasma was... completely flipped my perspective of her.

Im still pumped up... hours later... that book was like an adrealine injection!
  • SwiftMooky wrote: »
    Is there a cheap way to get an ebook or audiobook of it?

Library

My local one only has hard copy atm :(
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I finished phasma about 3:40ish pm... and posted this thread as soon as i got done with work... hopefully thats teztament enough to how flipping BA i thought Phasma was... completely flipped my perspective of her.

Im still pumped up... hours later... that book was like an adrealine injection!

well kitten... I was going to read Inferno Squad next but sounds like I need to read Phasma book.
  • I've listened to an Audible book you might enjoy. It's totally free, if it's your first time accepting a book from a friend. http://a.co/7daboEF

Yeah i think inferno squad is next, or leia (love leia <3 ) idk... gonna let phasma simmer for awhile and go back to those Parnassus chapters... also yes i loved cardinal too... but you just couldn't wait for the next part where phasma kicked more ___!
  • Lol, I posted about the book a while ago and mods moved it to arena strategy:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/132561/phasma-book-and-possible-ds-heroes#latest

I hope they add Cardinal to swgoh. I also thought the silver armor was **** at first, but Book made it more interesting. Basically it fixed a lot of the plot holes and missteps of TFA

Sounds like a good book
  • Moving to Off Topic
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »

I loved thrawn. Will have to check phasma. I hear nothing but good things about some audio books. Also I think Zahn trying to pitch Thrawn and Anakin book.

I also love Thrawn. I'm gonna try to get more Star Wars books when I'm near a Barnes and noble (where I got Thrawn)
  • Does the book explain why Phasma completely broke character in TFA and lowered the Starkiller Base shields just because somebody pointed a gun at her head? Because that scene completely ruined her character for me and didn't make any sense
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Does the book explain why Phasma completely broke character in TFA and lowered the Starkiller Base shields just because somebody pointed a gun at her head? Because that scene completely ruined her character for me and didn't make any sense

Because Empire and thus the FO are weak bums.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Does the book explain why Phasma completely broke character in TFA and lowered the Starkiller Base shields just because somebody pointed a gun at her head? Because that scene completely ruined her character for me and didn't make any sense

The officers in non-Stormtrooper uniforms, maybe, but a super bad*** Stormtrooper commander in special silver armor? Wouldn't she have to be the elite of the elite to get where she is? And then she somehow just forgets all her training about conduct under duress?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • scuba wrote: »

The officers in non-Stormtrooper uniforms, maybe, but a super bad*** Stormtrooper commander in special silver armor? Wouldn't she have to be the elite of the elite to get where she is? And then she somehow just forgets all her training about conduct under duress?

Read the book