Very very unhappy with Fleet Shipment Changes

So, I'm a mostly free-2-play player who spent $100 right as ships were released and used it to put myself in a position to win my shard most days. I've maxed many ships and over the past month had been using fleet shipments as a way to help me gear up characters and that is now completely gone. Sure, I can start spending on zetas, but I need gear and I need gear that I only get via raids or gear like cuffs and this path is now completely cut off. My guess is, I'm the exception but this makes me very unhappy.

Replies

• Yes please put gear back into the Fleet shipments
  • Agreed
  • Completely agree. That what a very bad move on their part. We better start getting that gear fully crafted from TB rewards. They could have at least waited till the end of this next TB.
  • Isn't gear moving to the shard shop? Not sure it's better or worse, it depends on the price of course.
    They seem to have acknowledged we need more venues to get G11 and G12 gear, but seem completely deaf to our pleas to get G7-G9 (those things we keep farming from day 1) gear a bit more easily accessible.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I don't understand the logic behind it. I hate it. I could buy purple gear pieces for 650 tokens in the fleet store. Now I have to spend 1200 on duplicate character shards in the fleet store in order to convert that to 225 shard shop tokens, still leaving me 27 shard shop tokens short to only buy 3 pieces of gear.

Is the game really intended for players to spend tokens on duplicate characters intentionally to then convert to the shard shop? That's all I do in Cantina and GW as it is, now I have to do it in fleet store as well? Can someone explain why? Seems kind of backwards to me.
  • In before the delete
  • Taking away gear from the fleet helps helps no one. It was an additional source to get gear, which everyone knows it's the biggest bottleneck to progress in this game.
  • The fleet shipments were a great way to obtain hard to get gear, such as cuffs or stun guns. To see that go away is a major blow to our ability to quickly get a few missing pieces of gear for our toons. Also, this is a major hinderance for newer players as they don't have the luxury of having many 7* toons to generate shard shop currency to buy gear from now on.
  • Yeah, I liked the old ship shipments, but at least FOTP can be farmed here now
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Character shards should get us character shards and gear. That doesn't mean Gear should be taken out of the Fleet Shop.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Do you guys realize that the gear is MUCH cheaper now in the shard shop? I mean I’ve bought plenty of gear from the fleet arena as well but it should be quicker to pick up salvage now. A few gw redemptions for maxed shards will give you way more purchasing power.
  • I haven't seen any of the gear that used to be in the whale shop, sorry shard shop. It does seem to have more variety at higher quantities, except there is no fully crafted gear that I see anymore and I noticed a lot of challenge gear. Overall, It's my least favourite update, I'd rather see them add gear to shops people have everything farmed in like GW and Arena.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Do you guys realize that the gear is MUCH cheaper now in the shard shop? I mean I’ve bought plenty of gear from the fleet arena as well but it should be quicker to pick up salvage now. A few gw redemptions for maxed shards will give you way more purchasing power.

Totally separate issue. Adding cheap gear to the Shard Shop is great. No reason to take away my choice to buy it in Fleet as well.

Also people keep glossing over the fact that cuffs and guns only pop up on one slot in the Shard Store that they share with at least 5 total pieces that I've seen. If you're farming cuffs you may only get 6 every 1-2 days unless you spend crystals to refresh the shop. Yes it's dirt cheap, and basically free to +18 month players, but it's a slow, insignificant trickle of gear.

I loved gear farming in the Fleet store. This post is unrelated to the Shard Store changes, and any other changes in the last update which are all positive. This is about the horrible, anti-player change that took away our choice to spend our Fleet currency on the best source of fast cuff/gun farming in the game. I hate this.
  • Agreed.

More charachers keep getting added and now options have been taken away to obtain gear pieces.

Keep the change to the shard shop but bring gear back to the fleet shipments