The shard shop 2.0 IS AMAZING [MERGE]

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    After a few iterations of the Shard shop refreshes, my feedback is:
    • Just like there are 2 tiles for Tank gear, there should be 2 tiles for Pit gear (1 raid only furn/call/tech/scan, 1 cuff/guns/cabs etc). Right now they're shared.
    • Remove the junk gear we get from challenges - eg. mk5 laptops, mk4 stun guns. mk4 callers.
    • Blue gear is priced too high, despite it being "full" gear (not salvage)
    • Anyone seen any mk3 holos in shard? Because if they aren't there, they should be! (Edit: Yes, they are!)
    Basically I'd like to see a 3x3 grid there with the first 2 lines having grev + useful gear, then the last line having the lower purple and blue gear (mk8 blastek mod, mk3 dets, etc). And the only reason IMO to have a Grev tile is so that when new characters are released to the shard shop they go into that tile (if that's a thing that happens anymore).
    Post edited by kalidor on
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the crystal cost to refresh to get a specific piece of gear, was a net loss had you just spent them on refreshes.
  • For newer players like me they just remove gear farming place .. How I'm suppose to get those free shards when I need characters shard from every possible place?
    I can see this is early xmas gift for those who have saved 20k currency in every store but that's not really likely for f2p (which need gear most)
  • collapsE wrote: »
    For newer players like me they just remove gear farming place .. How I'm suppose to get those free shards when I need characters shard from every possible place?
    I can see this is early xmas gift for those who have saved 20k currency in every store but that's not really likely for f2p (which need gear most)

Not every aspect of the game is aimed at every player. That would be impossible. You can't possibly have every aspect of the game be helpful for people who started a week ago and, at the same time be a benefit for those who are level 85 and have played for almost 2 years.

Yes, the new shard shop benefits those with deep rosters more (as they get more "free" shard shop currency from Raids, GW, Event shard drops, Bronzium pulls, etc.) than it does newer players. But in the long run, it will help the gear grind tremendously at higher levels, as the gear is obtainable much more easily, as the currency is virtually "uncapped".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kalidor wrote: »
    • Just like there are 2 tiles for Tank gear, there should be 2 tiles for Pit gear (1 raid only furn/call/tech/scan, 1 cuff/guns/cabs etc). Right now they're shared.
    • Remove the junk gear we get from challenges - eg. mk5 laptops, mk4 stun guns. mk4 callers.
    • Anyone seen any mk3 holos in shard? Because if they aren't there, they should be!
    Basically I'd like to see a 3x3 grid there with the first 2 lines having grev + useful gear, then the last line having the lower purple and blue gear (mk8 blastek mod, mk3 dets, etc). And the only reason IMO to have a Grev tile is so that when new characters are released to the shard shop they go into that tile (if that's a thing that happens anymore).

Yes, my Shard Store currently has MK 3 Holos. 6 pieces for 170.
  • @Nikoms565 I agree on ever think you sad, BUT why remove gear option from fleet store? I just don't understand that and that's all
  • Krynn007 wrote: »
    I'm too busy trying to farm other characters for my rooster to be farming for the shard shop. Shard shop is only good if you have nothing else to farm, or over a long period of time get a lot of duplicates

No need to farm other characters for your rooster, just buy it a chicken and it'll be content

• Ailouran wrote: »
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    I'm too busy trying to farm other characters for my rooster to be farming for the shard shop. Shard shop is only good if you have nothing else to farm, or over a long period of time get a lot of duplicates

No need to farm other characters for your rooster, just buy it a chicken and it'll be content
    A hutch helps too. Got to gear up their environment!
  • DrooNutz wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    • Anyone seen any mk3 holos in shard? Because if they aren't there, they should be!

Yes, my Shard Store currently has MK 3 Holos. 6 pieces for 170.

Thanks! Guess I'll just wait a few more refreshes, have several heroes waiting on double mk3 holos.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The Elephant in the room no one talks about.

F2P had an advantage in the fleet shop for obtaining gear many long time players never had when starting out. Offering up this gear in the fleet store was a middle finger to p2p and long time players who had to go through the grind. I'm glad gear was removed from the fleet store, because we all need to have skin in the game without giving free hand outs.

This brings me back to my statement in my older Post.
    Some real dumb things being said

Buying gear in the fleets shipments is anything but a free handout. Give your head a shake
    Again it's about resource management
    Do you buy ships, zeta, characters or gear?
    If you choose gear you slow down progress in other areas, such as ships, and vice versa.
    Being able to buy gear in the fleet arena didn't speed up your progress a whole hell of a lot. As a f2p players it is still painfully slow.

People have been screaming since the introduction (or even before) gear 12 that the drop rates should increase, even slightly. That's usually what happens in games when old gear become obsolete, and everyone is after the new best thing. They make it easier for the new players to catch up.

Having someone new come in now, because they just stumbled upon it, or was recommended must be a nightmare, and feel pretty sluggish. They don't need to gear up extremely fast, but throwing them a bone wouldn't hurt. At least then they can enjoy the end game stuff. I'd say many would delete the game before putting in a year's worth of effort

If the devs didn't seem so greedy I'd have no problem spending money, as I have in other games, but until I see some improvement on their behalf, I'll not spend a dime.

It's this kind of thought process that hurts games like this.

I think you are missing the point. There was a time in the game where there was no high level gear for purchase - anywhere. There was no fleet shop and even shipments didn't have high level gear for purchase. There was a time when there was no guild shop or shard shop either. There was a time when the only item purchasable in any store was 5 slots of "regular" gear in shipments and character shards in all other shops.

Anyone trying to suggest that new players have a "tough time" was either not around in late 2015, doesn't remember or is being disingenuous. When you open ships now, they "give" you Mace, AA and Tarkin. There are events that are consistent (Yoda, Palp, etc.) that people know the requirements for and know when they will return. There are Assault Battles which give free shards and Credit and Training Droid heists. Even challenges have been reworked to give you everything from the tiers below. There was a time in this game where NONE of that existed. The only way to get gear was to grind it in LS/DS battles....manually (sims were added later too).

New players have many more options in terms of gear, shards and overall availability. While it is true that there is more things to "do" - the game is much stronger with more options for the player now than it has ever been. And certainly more so now than it was 22 months ago.

And older players didn't have 2 raids to count on for gear ... and GW gave much crappier rewards...and there was no credit heist.

I alluded to this trying to explain that's it's not so bad and it won't kill the game for new players - the vets now that like the change went through WAAAAY worse and we're still around.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

F2P had an advantage in the fleet shop for obtaining gear many long time players never had when starting out. Offering up this gear in the fleet store was a middle finger to p2p and long time players who had to go through the grind. I'm glad gear was removed from the fleet store, because we all need to have skin in the game without giving free hand outs.

Buying gear in the fleets shipments is anything but a free handout. Give your head a shake
    If you choose gear you slow down progress in other areas, such as ships, and vice versa.
    Being able to buy gear in the fleet arena didn't speed up your progress a whole hell of a lot. As a f2p players it is still painfully slow.

People have been screaming since the introduction (or even before) gear 12 that the drop rates should increase, even slightly. That's usually what happens in games when old gear become obsolete, and everyone is after the new best thing. They make it easier for the new players to catch up.

Having someone new come in now, because they just stumbled upon it, or was recommended must be a nightmare, and feel pretty sluggish. They don't need to gear up extremely fast, but throwing them a bone wouldn't hurt. At least then they can enjoy the end game stuff. I'd say many would delete the game before putting in a year's worth of effort

If the devs didn't seem so greedy I'd have no problem spending money, as I have in other games, but until I see some improvement on their behalf, I'll not spend a dime.

I think you are missing the point. There was a time in the game where there was no high level gear for purchase - anywhere. There was no fleet shop and even shipments didn't have high level gear for purchase. There was a time when there was no guild shop or shard shop either. There was a time when the only item purchasable in any store was 5 slots of "regular" gear in shipments and character shards in all other shops.

Anyone trying to suggest that new players have a "tough time" was either not around in late 2015, doesn't remember or is being disingenuous. When you open ships now, they "give" you Mace, AA and Tarkin. There are events that are consistent (Yoda, Palp, etc.) that people know the requirements for and know when they will return. There are Assault Battles which give free shards and Credit and Training Droid heists. Even challenges have been reworked to give you everything from the tiers below. There was a time in this game where NONE of that existed. The only way to get gear was to grind it in LS/DS battles....manually (sims were added later too).

New players have many more options in terms of gear, shards and overall availability. While it is true that there is more things to "do" - the game is much stronger with more options for the player now than it has ever been. And certainly more so now than it was 22 months ago.

And older players didn't have 2 raids to count on for gear ... and GW gave much crappier rewards...and there was no credit heist.

I alluded to this trying to explain that's it's not so bad and it won't kill the game for new players - the vets now that like the change went through WAAAAY worse and we're still around.

And to get those GW rewards we had to walk, barefoot, in the snow....up hill...BOTH WAYS!!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

There's another difference between now and then you forgot to mention. Gear lvl was capped at gear 8.
    So it wasn't needed as much then. Even I had a few characters at g8
    Also it wasn't required as much to have top Gear characters as there was no guilds/events/raids that basically want players to have max/high gear characters. Now to do specific raids to get good characters and TB you need to have this. Not too mention that if you are just starting off someone playing from day 1 got to gradually increase their g lvlas the cap increased

It's the same with many online type if games. Warcraft for example (yes I know this game isn't wow, but just an example) to lvl from 1-60 was a grind. Getting purples was a grind. Then came an expansion or two that included new gear and lvl cap ( or in this case raids as they could be considered an expansion along with new gear and lvl cap)
    So what happened? The grind to get from 1-60 was made shorter and that gear was easier to get. The grind from 60-70 was still a grind and to get that new gear that made your old gear obsolete was still very hard to obtain.
    Why? Because to be successful you want to encourage new players to join your game.
    In this case eventually your going to have whales move on, be spent, or complete everything. You need new players o keep bringing in that income. Making that grind a little faster from the start may encourage them to also spend. Especially once they hit that bottleneck

I did play the first month or two of release, so I remember what it was like.

Now we have to get to g12. Getting to g 8 back then wasn't nowhere near as bad as getting to g12.
    So back then it wasn't near as bad to get to g8

At least if you were playing from the start you already had a bunch of toons at g8 then when they increased it to g9 you were already there.
    Unlike someone starting now, having to farm to g 12

Look I understand that this is a freemium game, and revenue is needed. I nor do anyone else want it to be easy mode, but with the requirements getting larger and larger than from the start having something to maybe speed up that g 1-8/9 would help a little

In all honesty if they kept the fleet rewards as they were, and updated the shard shop as they did, it would be more healthy for the game.

With all these legendary events popping up, they obviously found a new source for revenue,

Dude - it's all relative. MK4 laptops were DEATH trying to get. MK4 laptops at one time were insanely rare...and so were mk4 stun guns at one point - gearing QGJ was a nightmare back in the day...and the mk4 Callers as well. Further - early in the game the purple ability materials that push your skills up to level 7 were about as rare as omegas.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    collapsE wrote: »
    For newer players like me they just remove gear farming place .. How I'm suppose to get those free shards when I need characters shard from every possible place?

Not every aspect of the game is aimed at every player. That would be impossible. You can't possibly have every aspect of the game be helpful for people who started a week ago and, at the same time be a benefit for those who are level 85 and have played for almost 2 years.

Yes, the new shard shop benefits those with deep rosters more (as they get more "free" shard shop currency from Raids, GW, Event shard drops, Bronzium pulls, etc.) than it does newer players. But in the long run, it will help the gear grind tremendously at higher levels, as the gear is obtainable much more easily, as the currency is virtually "uncapped".
    No matter how you try to share coat it, this is false

It's this exact mentality that we get into situation like this
    People just accept what is, instead of actually seeing the bigger picture

Fact of the matter is, removing gear from fleet store is ****
    Nobody had the right to dictate what a person does with what they earned

It's not going to help in the long run, because now new players are at a disadvantage even more.
    You want people to join, not come and then leave.

It's what can be expected when dealing with companies like e.a
    Too greedy. People need to stop throwing them money without thinking

This is false because as us veterans now are telling you - it was way way worse and way more boring the first 6-12 months of the game when ramping up.

- Level 85 challenges
    - Credit Heist
    - HAAT raid
    - Rancor raid
    - TB (now)
    - Training droid heist
    - Significantly worse guild war rewards
    - Inability to acquire in a shop high level gear / materials
    - Ships / Fleet of course didn't exist
    - No recurring events

Unless all the vets still playing that started under those desert-like conditions are fools, I don't see the removal of gear from one specific shop as a game-breaker for new players. New players now have A LOT of game to look forward to.
    collapsE wrote: »

No matter how you try to share coat it, this is false

It's this exact mentality that we get into situation like this
    People just accept what is, instead of actually seeing the bigger picture

Fact of the matter is, removing gear from fleet store is ****
    Nobody had the right to dictate what a person does with what they earned

It's not going to help in the long run, because now new players are at a disadvantage even more.
    You want people to join, not come and then leave.

It's what can be expected when dealing with companies like e.a
    Too greedy. People need to stop throwing them money without thinking

This is false because as us veterans now are telling you - it was way way worse and way more boring the first 6-12 months of the game when ramping up.

- Level 85 challenges
    - Credit Heist
    - HAAT raid
    - Rancor raid
    - TB (now)
    - Training droid heist
    - Significantly worse guild war rewards
    - Inability to acquire in a shop high level gear / materials
    - Ships / Fleet of course didn't exist
    - No recurring events

Unless all the vets still playing that started under those desert-like conditions are fools, I don't see the removal of gear from one specific shop as a game-breaker for new players. New players now have A LOT of game to look forward to.

Agreed. It's so much easier to star and gear up your toons than before. With credit heist, rancor, aat, fleet, guild store, TB and now shard shop. So much better than before. It just takes time and smart planning.
  • New shart shop sucks! Another bad decision from game devs....
  • I LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE SHARD SHOP!!!

I've been playing since 2015 and I know I'm the demographic of players that will get the most out of this change but I think our dedication for playing so long deserves a reward!

So please, don't change it, and fellow players, please don't ruin this
  • I LOOOOOOOOOOVE THE SHARD SHOP!!!

I've been playing since 2015 and I know I'm the demographic of players that will get the most out of this change but I think our dedication for playing so long deserves a reward!

So please, don't change it, and fellow players, please don't ruin this

This. Preach brother. You too JohnnySteelAlpha!

• I came here with a question regarding the shard shop rotation but seeing the debate going on I have to add one thing:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE NEW SHARD SHOP. It's the best thing to happen to the game in a long time. For months people were complaining about the gear crunch. We asked for a way to get gear easier and they gave us exactly what we were asking for. 1550 shard shop currency for 50 stun guns? Give me that ALL day

Now to my question. Is the mk3 stun cuffs in the shard shop rotation?

Thanks
  • westenger wrote: »
    I came here with a question regarding the shard shop rotation but seeing the debate going on I have to add one thing:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE NEW SHARD SHOP. It's the best thing to happen to the game in a long time. For months people were complaining about the gear crunch. We asked for a way to get gear easier and they gave us exactly what we were asking for. 1550 shard shop currency for 50 stun guns? Give me that ALL day

Thanks

I hear they might be in the same slot as stun guns and com links. Ive only seen comlinks though.
  • westenger wrote: »
    I came here with a question regarding the shard shop rotation but seeing the debate going on I have to add one thing:

Thanks

It is, but I havne't seen it but once - I've seen stun guns like 4 times, so happy overall. and the mk8 yellow ball components. It's all in there - with time we should start to really feel the impact. 24 stun guns for "free" so far for me over 2 days or so. That's splendid.
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I am little upset about how the Vader's Tie Advance is no longer available anywhere except some achievements.

EDIT: Still in fleet store.
  • Javik wrote: »
    I am little upset about how the Vader's Tie Advance is no longer available anywhere except some achievements.

It's still in Fleet store - just bought it
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Javik wrote: »

It's still in Fleet store - just bought it

Thanks! That answers my question. I probably just have not seen it. I am little upset about how the Vader's Tie Advance is no longer available anywhere except some achievements.[/quote]

• Nope the shard shop was a poor decision. Instead of adding to the game to improve they are dividing it to hamper progress like usual...even drop rates have suffered since the recent TB update...now you got to use more crystals to refresh for one or two pieces of needed gear it’s quite ridiculous and i’ve been playing since the Beta days so I’ve seen all the updates that made the game harder to get ahead...it’s all about them making money by forcing us to farm gear/shards harder it’s getting so silly! xD rant over.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Nope the shard shop was a poor decision. Instead of adding to the game to improve they are dividing it to hamper progress like usual...even drop rates have suffered since the recent TB update...now you got to use more crystals to refresh for one or two pieces of needed gear it’s quite ridiculous and i’ve been playing since the Beta days so I’ve seen all the updates that made the game harder to get ahead...it’s all about them making money by forcing us to farm gear/shards harder it’s getting so silly! xD rant over.

Hamper progress? By making gear easier to obtain? Manipulating drop rates? Dude, your tin foil hat is getting a little too tight. Go have that thing refit. :D

• Meh..they gutted the hell out of it though

Yep. No more high level gear and nothing worth spending shards on. Just business as usual I guess.
  • BarrissOffee
    45 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    New shard store is a delight. Gear galore all day long. Got 70k shard credits saved up and sitting on 1M+ ally points as well. And with 7* on all farmable ships and all but 5 characters, the shard credits will keep flowing in from all the other stores. Plus now I can concentrate fully on zeta farming with fleet credits since there's nothing else to buy with them.
    To those with no shard credits or who have been relying on the fleet store to farm high-end gear...that sucks, man. I commiserate. :disappointed:
  • Love the change
  • My only complaint is we need a second slot for the rancor gear. I keep getting mk6 syringes and mk4 comlinks in my one slot. Such a tease