The shard shop 2.0 IS AMAZING [MERGE]

Replies

• Corvus wrote: »
    Cloud24 wrote: »
    It's a nice update to the shard shop, I really like it, but fleet store was my main source of cuffs and guns..

check out the guide you can get way more for less and cuff and guns are already in the 2.0

Actually on reddit they did the math and in teh end its an increase in the price for gear. And of course it will only help those that have banked shard currency, once you run out the gear acquisition might be slower...a lot slower. Imho that is a huge nerf not a buff

Hard to say, really. The comparison for fleet currency only is unfavorable. But now you can use GW and arena currency for your gear too, as well as all the trash pulls from bronziums and GW nodes.
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Shard shop is so dope now!!! I had 70k tokens saved up too! Now I can get my **** toons geared up to increase my GP by a lot!

Something to keep in mind, CG has a long history of bottlenecking the gateway pieces even in stores to get people to spam refreshes.
  • Actually this is a bad thing for both early and end game players,either way you will get less gear for your daily payouts . People already done math. i would support (as any one else), if they keep fleet shipments as usual, and just add gear to shardshop.
  • It's only more expensive if you used Fleet currency to buy gear, which almost no one did (for good reason, aside from characters and ships, most people would rather spend it on zeta mats). This way we get to use garbage currency like arena, GW, as well as excess shards from running Galactic War or opening Bronzium/Chromium directly into something useful.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Oorun wrote: »
    Actually this is a bad thing for both early and end game players,either way you will get less gear for your daily payouts . People already done math. i would support (as any one else), if they keep fleet shipments as usual, and just add gear to shardshop.

can you provide a link to "the math"? I'm too sceptical to take your word for it, but too lazy to do the math myself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I play in guild with 45kk Gp. Mostly ftp but players are spending small amounts for a game. We have two players with CLS. We made 22 stars in last TB. We dont have all toons7*. We support each other a lot.
    So what this update means for my gild:

1. More time to gear toons. We lost possibility to use fleet currency to buy stun cuffs and guns and change ratio is higher using shard shop.
    2. We are farming toons needed for TB PheoniX and R1 toons. We can only get those shards from stores. We cannot use them for a shard shop. I hope this is understood by every player.
    3. There is need to farm First Order toons now so we also cannot covert those shards from LS/DS battles. I will add also that we do farm HRs HRc.
    4. If we will finish phase of farming toons we need for TB combat missions, we could use store to convert shards in shard shop but for my guild it means slowing down growth in GP points. Couse there is so many toons to have more stars on them and it is giving a lot of Gp for guild.
    so from the point of the player who has enough toons needed for TB and some shard currency this update could be good but for now players in my guild are quite disapointed. Btw, also in GW we have a lot of problems to finish so there small possibility to have 15 shards from GW store daily. One of our best players couldnt finish GW for last three days. This solution to remove gear from fleet store for us means just a gamble from bronzium. TB is very important for my guild and we cannot afford to convert shards we need. This is our point of view.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    A lot of people have been quiting this game, and I think more will follow.
    This update has actually made me consider it
    nike-black.png

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    It's a nice update to the shard shop, I really like it, but fleet store was my main source of cuffs and guns..

check out the guide you can get way more for less and cuff and guns are already in the 2.0

Actually on reddit they did the math and in teh end its an increase in the price for gear. And of course it will only help those that have banked shard currency, once you run out the gear acquisition might be slower...a lot slower. Imho that is a huge nerf not a buff

Hard to say, really. The comparison for fleet currency only is unfavorable. But now you can use GW and arena currency for your gear too, as well as all the trash pulls from bronziums and GW nodes.

Yeah but usually it is like this
    fleet = ships or zeta
    Arena = credits (who don't need them these days)
    GW = 1200 (assuming you don't farm any toon there)
    Guild store (I guess this goes to raid gear ^^)

realistically this leaves you with 1200 gw token plus bronzium pulls where you might get lucky or not)

1200 GW Tokens = 15 shards = 225 Sgard currency...(shard shop is the slowest currency to build up)

Unfortunately shard currency is the slowest to build up, even if this will give you a short bump atm it will hurt in the long run and compared to fleet store there is a price increase of 36% on top of that.

Not to forget you need a 7* toon just to acces the shop so evryone without a 7*toon that used fleet arena store to get gear is also shafted
  • Corvus wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

Yeah but usually it is like this
    fleet = ships or zeta
    Arena = credits (who don't need them these days)
    GW = 1200 (assuming you don't farm any toon there)
    Guild store (I guess this goes to raid gear ^^)

realistically this leaves you with 1200 gw token plus bronzium pulls where you might get lucky or not)

1200 GW Tokens = 15 shards = 225 Sgard currency...(shard shop is the slowest currency to build up)

Unfortunately shard currency is the slowest to build up, even if this will give you a short bump atm it will hurt in the long run and compared to fleet store there is a price increase of 36% on top of that.

Not to forget you need a 7* toon just to acces the shop so evryone without a 7*toon that used fleet arena store to get gear is also shafted

+1
  • I've seen a couple of comments on the forums this morning saying TFP and FOTP are now appearing in the fleet store.

I can't find any official statements about this. Is anyone able to confirm that they are showing up in there, and have you noticed anyone else new?
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    holy kitten i just waste 6 months farming FOTP and he just pops up in fleet arena
    Post edited by Spyda on
  • I don't think they added them, if they had, it would have been stated in the Dev Announcement or Game Update posts.
  • @CombatCommander7 fotp is there. A guild mate just picked up 5 shards of him. I’m guessing it’s going to be a rotating thing like they did with Chirrut and now Fulcrum.
  • I don't think they added them, if they had, it would have been stated in the Dev Announcement or Game Update posts.

They did add them...TFP, FOTP, and Clone Sarge are there now and weren't before. Those three rotate in the bottom left slot. Those are the only new toons I saw with a couple refreshes so possible there are others.

That's exactly why I'm asking. Every other time there has been a Dev Announcement. Thanks Carth and Camaro for the information. Couple of guildmates will be glad to speed up their TFP farming.
  • Kick in the teeth for people who farmed the hard way.
  • Well, that's nice, I would not have expected that. This will help a lot, since they were only farmable on hard notes. Thanks for clarifying!
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    holy **** did i just waste 6 months farming FOTP and he just pops up in fleet arena

Haha. I just waited 6 months until something like this is going to happen. :D
  • JackSnipey wrote: »
    Kick in the teeth for people who farmed the hard way.

Yes:)
  • If you farmed them the hard way it just means you can continue to spend all your fleet currency on zetas instead of those characters. :#
  • That is only one interpretation.

Arena - 2000 arena tokens = 1 million credits OR 300 shards. Given the choice between 5 million or 1 full stun gun/stun cuff, it's not obvious that 5 million is always better. Conclusion: player option, take whatever you need more.

Galactic War: This nets us a maximum of 225 shards a day (or 228 if you have maxed ships)

Guild Store: 660 tokens = 2 salvages OR 124 shards (enough for 4 salvages). It seems obvious that you should convert all guild currency into shards now instead of buying gear with it.

Bronzium + GW rewards: This is obviously good, so can't really argue about anything.

Fleet store: If you want to buy gear through the fleet store, prices have gone up by quite a bit, but I don't really know anyone who used these tokens for gear other than that they had no other option. You can still convert at the same rate as for Galactic War, a potential maximum of 342 shards a day (if you have maxed ships).
    All in all, it's good to steer players away from using this currency for gear, as there are many ships and characters here people should be farming, as well as a near infinite amount of zetas that are needed.

The argument that people can't buy gear without 7-star characters seems a little strange to me. I had a 7-star character at around the time I unlocked the fleet store. It certainly would be unadvisable to use your fleet tokens for gear at that stage of the game anyway.

All in all I think most people are going to come out ahead, and with more options.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    You could buy 60 cuffs in fleet for 6k fleet bucks. Now 6k fleet bucks buys you 75 shards which buys you 1125 shard shopo currency, which gets you 36 cuffs. Your buying power was basically cut in half.
    This mostly helps those with full rosters. If you're still building it up, or helping your guild farm chumps like Bodhi for platoons, you just get hosed.
    They should restore gear to the fleet shop and it would be a full on positive change. You can't argue that even WITH this change it would be too easy to gear.

Except you can collect shards from any store, gw and bromium. you get free shards in raids after finishing toons and the fleet shop is so useful for Zetas, ships and certain toons. It never really made sense to buy gear from the fleet store for most people.

Agree, I have never bought a single piece of gear from the fleet store. Will be making use of those shard credits on gear though.
  • This update signals to me that they want to frustrate the F2P or occasional spender player to either start spending (which no one will) or quit the game.

It is so backwards and lazy that their solution for more gear is to spend tokens on duplicate characters to convert into shard tokens instead of coming up with better drop rates, update the gear challenges or create new challenges or make the raids have better payouts.

This is a giant middle finger to the F2P player or just a terrible business plan.

My opinion.
  • The main problem for me with moving gear to the shard shop is that I can't readily farm shard currency with my current aims. With gear being in the fleet shop, I can literally choose to use the fleet currency on ships or gear and fleet currency is always readily available.

Shard currency is generated mainly through other shops - Cantina, Arena and Galactic War. With the current plethora of new releases and requirements for fully fledged teams to unlock new toons or to progress in TB I literally can't commit any resources to buying toons I already have at 7* just to generate shard currency. I am working on the following:

- Cantina Energy: Kylo & Old Ben (For BB8 & CLS)
    - Cantina: First Order Officer & Poe Dameron (For BB8 / Expected new releases)
    - Arena: Storm Trooper Han (For CLS)
    - Galactic War: KS20 (For TB)

Bearing all this in mind, how am I meant to generate shard currency without hampering my farming of the above?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Cloud24 wrote: »
    that is basically the free to play player answer for decades. Having access to raid gear by another way than raid and crystal. This update got me really thrilled with theses affordable prices from the extra shards we collect. finally!

Now for people who will complain about how hard it is to get shard shop currency check out my guide here at the bottom of my thread-> Beginner to long time player will benefit

i did about 6 shard shop refresh to check out the rewards (not a whale just finishing top payout everyday)

cuff are there by 5 for 170 **** Currency
    stun gun 5 also

the mk 4 zaltin is there also

term det 5

mk 8 biotech

holo projector also

all in 5 + or so quantity for about 170 -210 ****

+ lots of others

AND by the way when i was 6-7-8 months into the game (F2P i was managing) to get 600 **** per day by knowing how to set good priorities.

What i am getting at is that everyone can get gear by that way

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114732/how-to-farm-shard-shop-really-fast-f2p-1k-per-day#latest

I am going to miss fleet shipments, but this is far better than I expected
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    That is only one interpretation.

Arena - 2000 arena tokens = 1 million credits OR 300 shards. Given the choice between 5 million or 1 full stun gun/stun cuff, it's not obvious that 5 million is always better. Conclusion: player option, take whatever you need more.

Galactic War: This nets us a maximum of 225 shards a day (or 228 if you have maxed ships)

Guild Store: 660 tokens = 2 salvages OR 124 shards (enough for 4 salvages). It seems obvious that you should convert all guild currency into shards now instead of buying gear with it.

Bronzium + GW rewards: This is obviously good, so can't really argue about anything.

Fleet store: If you want to buy gear through the fleet store, prices have gone up by quite a bit, but I don't really know anyone who used these tokens for gear other than that they had no other option. You can still convert at the same rate as for Galactic War, a potential maximum of 342 shards a day (if you have maxed ships).
    All in all, it's good to steer players away from using this currency for gear, as there are many ships and characters here people should be farming, as well as a near infinite amount of zetas that are needed.

The argument that people can't buy gear without 7-star characters seems a little strange to me. I had a 7-star character at around the time I unlocked the fleet store. It certainly would be unadvisable to use your fleet tokens for gear at that stage of the game anyway.

All in all I think most people are going to come out ahead, and with more options.

Well it took me a while to get a 7* on my alt account as it was not needed (only tier 5 and 6 raids) and even now that I have some 7* toons, the shard shop is still not an option with how slow the currency builds up. And this will be true for most newer or midrange players. And since zetas only show up at lvl 85 or so anyone below that won't farm zetas anyway.

Yes ships are important but the gear is also maybe even a bit more as you can place good in ship arena without too much hassle. This is a severe drawback for anyone but high end gamers. And still the Shard currency builds up slowly the more toons you need (for platoons, raids, arena). So I highly doubt that the majority will come out ahead...
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I and many others got extremely agitated at the prospect of losing fleet gear, however, shard shop 2.0 is far better than any of us could have hoped for, so it balances out in the end, and I am sorry for not waiting until the refresh before I began criticizing the removal from fleet. This is a much better shard shop, and allows us to farm ships in fleet shipments. We got unnerved by the disappearance of a few threads, but know I can see why. Apologies
    -Dark Lord Fury
  • I was at first taken aback as well. Then I saw the genius of Shard Shop 2.0. It is freaking awesome. Razor focuses us on buying Zetas and "hopefully" the non farmable ships show up there, and there are already sightings of FOTP (perhaps FOST too?) we'll see!
  • Shard shop 2.0 is literally the best thing since sliced bread.