Zeta Abilities For Phoenix Squadron

Since the addition of Kallus seems unlikely and Ahsoka being a full fledged member of the phoenix squad hasn't happened yet on Rebels I'm betting that at least one and probably more Phoenix Squad members will be getting a zeta ability when the Thrawn event comes back. Since Hera has them share all unique abilities I'm curious to see what everyone can come up with as good options that wouldn't be complete annihilation of the game. So let's hear it! What would give Phoenix a real chance in arena?

Replies

• EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hera - Leadership Zeta "The first Phoenix member to be defeated is instantly revived with 50% health, protection, and turn meter, and gains an additional 12.5% health, 12.5% protection and 12.5% turn meter for each Pheonix member below 50% health."
  • Options
    Kallus might become a character; he was just rescued and is likely to play a part in the new season.

As for your question I think they lack damage, so either a mass assist call or perhaps a zeta Hera lead allowing any special ability to reset cooldowns and/or call another member to assist would make them fairly formidable. I kind of like both, but maybe make the assist call to call everyone who doesn't get Backup Plan or something?

For Kanun making his taunt cleanse an aoe cleanse would be good, and giving one of the protection up buffs from either him or Zeb give tenacity up, teamwide or just to the two receiving protection up, would help the squad out a lot.

I still don't know that they'd become meta; as someone mentioned elsewhere on the forums today often the best squad becomes a sort of "min-max" of abilities and stats. Some or all of those buffs might give them the edge to be more like Resistance or Jedi in the arena though.