20K Crystal Inbox Issue Thread

Prev13456713
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited September 2017
(Added by Kozispoon 9/28)
CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
Hello beloved Holotable heroes,

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I'm making a last attempt to clarify some questions and concerns in this thread.

I will try to answer questions for a duration, that are not understood or am able to answer, in the desire to productively provide clarity.

"These crystals were provided to players who 6 or 7 starred Captain Han Solo in the first two days of his release. Anybody who 6/7 starred CHS between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. The end time was determined to be 24 hours after we announced the 5 star requirement was all that would be required for Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards."

You see here the conditions where players who made purchases in a certain time frame may have been affected by decisions made by us in that same time frame.

Only players who decided to 6* or 7* in that time window, when the requirements shifted, were affected.

Some players in this thread believe they qualified for the conditions above. If you believe your account satisfied the conditions above, please consider contacting Support in the game asking to have your account reviewed. We're happy to ensure all accounts affected are resolved correctly.

Other players in this thread seem to disagree with the policy decision itself. Please know, we do not ever intend to cause consternation or ill feelings.

We are saddened that you disagree with the action taken. We very much hope that you understand, it was our best option for the good of the game and its players.

There were pros and cons to EVERY option before us, including taking no action. The action we took was the best option our team had before us, given the limitations and options available.

We understand some players may not like or agree with the decisions we made, and that is deeply understood. We do not ever want players to feel frustrated or not enjoy the game.

Please know, significant procedural changes were made to ensure the events, like those causing this issue in the first place, are absolutely avoided at all costs in the future.

This discussion thread, for days, has provided few new views or opinions beyond continued expression of dislike of the action, which is noted, understood and processed.

I'm leaving this thread open so that you all can continue to express your opinion on the issue (within guidelines of course).

Thank you very much for your support, passion and continuing to let us know where we do great and where we can improve.

Cheers~!
Ryan Thomas (standing in for Kozi today)
Dev Manager

Merged Discussions
Kozi's UPDATE quoted below
Apologies for the wait!

We want to provide some clarity around the crystals that were provided yesterday to some players. These crystals were provided to players who 6 or 7 starred Captain Han Solo in the first two days of his release. Anybody who 6/7 starred CHS between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. The end time was determined to be 24 hours after we announced the 5 star requirement was all that would be required for Rebel Officer Leia Organa shards.

We hope this clarifies any confusion and as always, let's keep discussion civil and groovy.

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Silky
    522 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    For activity between 8/30-9/2. What constitutes who gets this?
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    We do hear ya!

When messaging is available Kozi or team will post it here about the full details as to who/what qualified for the inbox gems.

spamming or obscenity and threats do not increase that speed of response. This post being left up should show that. Please be considerate to the rules and others - while you may be frustrated, team will do its best to respond but lets not blow up the death star while we are all still in it tonight.
    Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Huh?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Hydracarbon
    665 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    no idea. a friend in my guild got it and it kittened everyone else off that didn't... lol
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Just came here to ask the same thing. My guildie posted this but no one else got it. $100+ worth of crystals for....? A lot of us spent money prepping for TB by buying Hoth Han packs. Clarification would be great

O18Trqr.jpg
  • buying cholo packs to 7* him
  • Where is mine is all I am saying.
  • @CG_Kozispoon any info on this?
  • I got it. Not sure what I did, but thanks.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    Silky wrote: »
    Few guys in my guild got it, but we can’t figure out any rhyme or reason behind it. I farmed all my cantina energy + 5 refreshes and bought 5 crystal packs during that time and didn’t get it.

I think if you took him to 7* during those dates you got it if not you didn't. Everyone I talked to that got him to 7* got the "gift"
  • Can I have 10K for getting him to 5-star? :P
  • And let the outrage begin
  • I would imagine it is for everyone who spent money to 7 star him because thats what they thought was needed. Only fair in my opinion since it was lowered to 5 stars.
  • Probably has something to do with the fact that CHS was originally required to be 7* for the first Special Mission in TBs. Those people probably bought several packs to get him up to 7* in time for the first TB. Then, everyone complained about the switch from 5* to 7* CHS requirement on the first Special Mission and it got changed back to 5*. So this is probably compensation for those purchases which turned out to be unnecessary.
  • Still not as bad as this event not having the $20 packs
  • Who gets this? I bought cholo packs but only enough to get a bit over 6* before I realised I might not make rent if I went farther.
    They'll probably show up after a couple of days.....once they've milked enough purchases for the big bundle, lol.
  • @EA_MindTricks @CG_Kozispoon

Any word on this?
    They'll probably show up after a couple of days.....once they've milked enough purchases for the big bundle, lol.

That’s really the only outrage for me.
  • Yeah I bought packs at this time, have played every day, and while I didn't get him to 7*, I was able to get him a few stars, just some clarification would be amazing, thanks.
  • It wasn't for taking him to 7*
  • A guildie pulled 330 shards on his third attempt, and that potentially awarded him another $120+ worth of crystals? While players that spent more than him didnt get 7* Han or rewarded? Again, clarification on this would put a lot of questions to rest
  • Dabro19741 wrote: »
    It wasn't for taking him to 7*

Definitely not for that. Can’t find a connection between the people who did.
  • Okay I expected way more outrage then this. Unequal rewards that were a result from paying, once again let the outrage rage flow
  • Would love some insite here...would at least like to know how this was fair. Please don't alienate your base.
  • Perdogie wrote: »
    A guildie pulled 330 shards on his third attempt, and that potentially awarded him another $120+ worth of crystals? While players that spent more than him didnt get 7* Han or rewarded? Again, clarification on this would put a lot of questions to rest

That would be first person wbo pulled 330 ever. If he has proof, that would make him place in history of mankind
  • So they 7* him, which they will eventually need anyways, and then get 20k crystals.......

giphy.gif
  • Meh, easy call to my direct in Cupertino tomorrow morning will fix it for me.
  • Hopefully they pass something onto us. Just a simple “hey, we elected to give ___ players 20k crystals based on ___” would suffice.
This discussion has been closed.