20K Crystal Inbox Issue Thread

Replies

• CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    I AM SIGNING OFF FORE THE WEEKEND.

Talk to you all later.

THANK YOU SOOOOO much for taking the time to ask questions and offer feedback.

Thank you sooooooo much for continuing to support our game and our community.

PLEASE have a fun Territory Battles and enjoy those new early missions ;)

CHEERS!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EXPANCE wrote: »

Not a refund and not a downgrade, you basicly gave a small player base a free character. If you guys don't put him in GW shipments like you did with the K20 fiasco I'll be real disappointed.

We will have to agree to disagree here.

20k crystals isn't nearly enough to take Captain Han Solo from 5* to 7*.

You do understand this was about the Territory Battles requirements of Captain Han Solo needing to be 7* when we launched Territory Battles, correct?

20k is more than enough to go 5 star to 7 star of you take time. And levelling over time is what this game is all about.

Give 20k and lower the level to 5 star sure. Kee
    gatormatt wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    EXPANCE wrote: »

Not a refund and not a downgrade, you basicly gave a small player base a free character. If you guys don't put him in GW shipments like you did with the K20 fiasco I'll be real disappointed.

20k crystals isn't nearly enough to take Captain Han Solo from 5* to 7*.

I love this game. I think you're doing the best you can right now... But... Yikes. That is just a scary thought.

It's a misrepresentation. 20k is enough with time. I am half way there with 1k refreshes. Set the people back to 5 star and give 20k or do nothing at all.

I spent cash to get han up in time and only stopped when I read the forum.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs this could easily be handled with a tiered return scale depending on a number of factors which you deemed sufficient to base the return on.

I think what sticks out is the all or nothing categorization which unfortunately always will be interpreted in an unfavorable light based on if you received a reward or not
  • The only people who should be complaining are those who:

1) Tiered up CHS before the change back to 5* was announced and are unhappy with the compensation; or

2) If, unusually, you're in an arena shard in which many of your opponents erroneously were awarded 20K crystals (they didn't tier up CHS) and you weren't, or you're in a guild in which many of your fellow members were erroneously awarded 20K crystals and you weren't. This is many, not you have one single guildmate who got compensation without having tiered up CHS. If it's the latter, you should be happy for th em.

Otherwise, you have no good reason to be upset. Now, emotionally, if you want to vent, go ahead, but I'm not going to read 21 pages of the venting myself... B)
  • I was told I would need 5 Phoenix at 5* for the Phoenix flash events, which I did, but Chopper didn't count even though he's Phoenix. Since I spent resources to get him to the communicated requirements, I'd like to go ahead and initiate my 20k crystal reparations. Can't wait to see my inbox tomorrow!
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Talk to you all later.

CHEERS!

This guy deserves some overtime
  • Xezee wrote: »
    Perdogie wrote: »
    A guildie pulled 330 shards on his third attempt, and that potentially awarded him another $120+ worth of crystals? While players that spent more than him didnt get 7* Han or rewarded? Again, clarification on this would put a lot of questions to rest

That would be first person wbo pulled 330 ever. If he has proof, that would make him place in history of mankind
    I got a 330 shard CHS but it was on my last purchase....

• Here is proof I guess if you care lol
    https://ibb.co/k4foOk
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    I was told I would need 5 Phoenix at 5* for the Phoenix flash events, which I did, but Chopper didn't count even though he's Phoenix. Since I spent resources to get him to the communicated requirements, I'd like to go ahead and initiate my 20k crystal reparations. Can't wait to see my inbox tomorrow!

They did set an absolutely horrible precedent, did they not? Forgive my cynicism, but we both know your inbox will be empty. Even though, the context is same, just different characters.
  • Viruschill wrote: »
    First hardly any warning or any special drops for ther cls event. Then the 7* chs rebel troops fiasco. Now to top it off some people are getting 20k crystals. I mean seriously is EA trying to discourage people from playing?

They're trying to weed out f2p. It's a business.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    So do people who paid to get Han to 7* only get the crystals? I got him to 5* via crystals, but is this to do with the whole 7* to 5* requirement change, so only people who got to 7* get the crystals?

Yep! I paid to 5* him, too.
  • BullFish wrote: »
    Even for short run. Many, myself included, spent to 5* before the 7* bomb was dropped, then later revoked. Who's fault is that?

All kittens aside, we all were/are beta testers for TB. The constant reworks w/ evidently more coming prove this. Who's fault is that?

This is something that should have been addressed in release notes. The continued failure in communication is sad. Just reading the forums, all most expect is communication to be proactive, something that's been promised many times but yet to be delivered. Who's fault is that?

Obviously the "reward" is an admission of fault. It would be good to address the fault completly, not just for a select few. Otherwise you alienate a huge portion of your community.

Look forward to the response in hopes that we can all move forward as a community.

+1
  • Broulan wrote: »
    EkoDroid wrote: »
    Noone I have seen in this thread wants anything for nothing.
    I 100% do want something for nothing if others have received it for nothing. In a game of built equity in characters and gear on said characters, giving a huge amount of crystals (that correlate to a real money value) to some without it being a "refund" or something of the sort seriously upsets the power balance. That's a vault and a half and could probably take most characters from a relatively low gear level to g11 or 12 instantly. Otherwise its a bunch of extra refreshes I'm not going to get. If its only for those who invested heavily into CHS fine, but otherwise many people are put at a serious disadvantage seemingly arbitrarily.

I'm not saying I'm entitled or anything of that sort, but if others received this gift for free then what qualifies them and not me? I'm not impatient on the issue though and I welcome the team taking the time to respond, but those inferring that a questioning mindset on this issue is whining or asking for something free are mistaken.

+1
  • Matt_B wrote: »
    I was told I would need 5 Phoenix at 5* for the Phoenix flash events, which I did, but Chopper didn't count even though he's Phoenix. Since I spent resources to get him to the communicated requirements, I'd like to go ahead and initiate my 20k crystal reparations. Can't wait to see my inbox tomorrow!

Same.
  • WitnessedJarl
    255 posts Member
    edited September 2017

We didn't refund. We didn't downgrade.

We acknowledged that some players may have made choices during that time that may have been affected when we lowered the requirements in Territory Battles.

We took action to acknowledge that unique situation as best we could.

So I personally made the choice to 7* hoth soldier with the hoth pack that was available. His requirements where also lowered. Which means I was affected by the lowered requirements (probably wouldnt have bought that pack otherwise).

The thread title of the post that announced lower requirements even specifically mentioned hoth soldier (I think this dude was main reason requirements got lowered since a lot of people complained about him specifically having only 1 hard node to farm him from)

So why do only people that bought the chs packs get a compensation? @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_Kozispoon could you please answer me this?
  • Davius wrote: »

Talk to you all later.

CHEERS!

This guy deserves some overtime

Agreed. This kind of dedication to crisis management is what was lacking several days ago.
  • Themy wrote: »
    Xezee wrote: »
    Perdogie wrote: »
    A guildie pulled 330 shards on his third attempt, and that potentially awarded him another $120+ worth of crystals? While players that spent more than him didnt get 7* Han or rewarded? Again, clarification on this would put a lot of questions to rest

That would be first person wbo pulled 330 ever. If he has proof, that would make him place in history of mankind
    I got a 330 shard CHS but it was on my last purchase....

I would hope so.

And my shoes are always in the last place I look.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Talk to you all later.

CHEERS!

All caps is a TOS violation. Let's see if the kittens have the kittens to enforce the rules in this case........lol
  • Anyone else from admin have anything to say about this matter?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It provides additional benefits for those impacted that the rest of us do not receive. Maybe that was the intention, I obviously don’t know. And while I appreciate your time, this does not make me feel better about this particular incident.

You actually described kozi's first post:

People were impacted by a change.
    Those impacted were acknowledged with a benefit.

That was the whole action.

Not to be dismissive, but you actually made the point up there. :)

If you don't agree that we should acknowledge players who have been impacted, then we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't know if I can make you feel better, if you are focusing on 'they got something I didn't'.

Well, they made choices based on information that you also did not. They were impacted in a way you were not our could not be. So, they are different from you in this view.

I don't know how to resolve that disconnect.

What do you think?
    @CG_RyDiggs
    I certainly agree that when players are negatively impacted by a change, there should be some form of recompense.

In my humble opinion, the disconnect is not that there is a reward - it's the size of the reward compared to the in game impact of the situation overall.

First off, if you see the 20k crystals as a pseudo "recompense" (I'll use that instead of another "r" word so I don't break TOS) for the money spent, that's fine. It is worth noting that "recompense" is typically issued for items that are returned.

Second, since it seems that those who 7* CHS did not have to "return" the extra 2 stars, and get to benefit from the 7* character (who is then able to complete special missions, raids, etc.) that this is NOT a "recompense" for the money spent, but instead a gesture of apology for the inconvenience.

Except that it is 40 times higher than the highest "apology for the inconvenience" ever given (at least, as far as most players know).

Third, this, what is in essence a "double reward", was given to players, many of whom would have 7* CHS anyway. Not all, to be sure. But most whales (which is who we are clearly talking about here) max new characters anyway. I am in a guild with several. Heck, some whales run suboptimal arens teams right after they obtain such a toon just to "show off" for the shard. Lol.

Now the last is a weaker point, admittedly, as I fully understand the need for CG/EA (and any business, really) to keep their paying customers happy - especially those that support the company the most, financially.

Unfortunately what likely should have been done when the decision to change tge requirement back to a 5* CHS, was a message (instead of 20k crystals) should have gone out to the affected players giving them the choice of 20k crystals but have their CHS reduced back to 5* OR simply keep their 7* version, since they will need him anyway (and benefit from him) +500 crystals for the inconvenience.

I say "unfortunately" because the poor initial decision really only leaves rationalizing why the decision was made to give players a reward worth over $100 and, at the same time continue to benefit from the character they are receiving recompense for.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Cry me a river... I didnt get free crystals, and neither did anyone else... whaling up a 7* CHS in the first couple of days cost hundreds of dollars, unless you were part of the 0.0001% that got 330 shards in a pack... and there's no facts to assumed that even they got the crystals...

This was for people's who spent hundreds of dollars to 7* a toon believing they needed it forward content (I.e., ROLO), only to find out they didn't... which must have been infuriating. So, CG decided to give them what amounted to a 25% bonus on the crystals they bought to say sorry... seems fair.

And what of the people that didn't 7* because they stopped farming him because of the bait and switch?
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Interesting that the original post has been edited, and now deleted by mods. And the viewcount went from over 20k to now 3.5k, and no dev tag for Kozispoons response.
    The loss of Tag from Kozi was not intentional! The forum droids did not like the merge , but if the post was intended to be gone, it wouldn’t not be here still.

Original post was edited last night (see the log link on bottom right) which was added too - not deleted , honestly nothing hidden on that except the merge did seem to make it look that way. =)

We call understand frustrations but we need to not make up issues that are not real - sure we all get enough “fake” things already

I understand, but might this not indicate growing mistrust given the 5*/7* bait and switch? Lack of transparency given the magnitude of the reward is not helping. This isn't so much an issue of making things up (that was incredibly condescending and dismissive, btw) as It should be a red flag signal to devs that maybe...just maybe... they're doing something wrong. Blaming the customer is a very, very, very bad idea. Those that have been playing a long time must be having Barris flashbacks...
  • epeeist wrote: »
    The only people who should be complaining are those who:

1) Tiered up CHS before the change back to 5* was announced and are unhappy with the compensation; or

2) If, unusually, you're in an arena shard in which many of your opponents erroneously were awarded 20K crystals (they didn't tier up CHS) and you weren't, or you're in a guild in which many of your fellow members were erroneously awarded 20K crystals and you weren't. This is many, not you have one single guildmate who got compensation without having tiered up CHS. If it's the latter, you should be happy for th em.

Otherwise, you have no good reason to be upset. Now, emotionally, if you want to vent, go ahead, but I'm not going to read 21 pages of the venting myself... B)

Good luck with that opinion.

Stop reading?!? I don't know...seems simple.
  • When you want to know how a person really feels, just look at their actions. People can say a lot of things, but their actions are what counts. I hear what is being said, but I can see what is being done.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    When you want to know how a person really feels, just look at their actions. People can say a lot of things, but their actions are what counts. I hear what is being said, but I can see what is being done.

*Mic dropped*
  • Who gets this? I bought cholo packs but only enough to get a bit over 6* before I realised I might not make rent if I went farther.

You 6* and didn't get it?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    What about the people who are saying that they didn't spend a penny on upgrading him, but got the crystals. Are they just lying?
    I mean-
    tumblr_mpyss9WEqT1s62ax7o1_500.gif
    Anybody who 6/7 starred Captain Han Solo between his launch on 8/30 and 9/2 at 11AM received the grant. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but I'd recommend that these players contact EA Help to better illuminate their in game activity.

Imagine that email
    "Yes, EA Help, I just received 20,000 crystals and I didn't do anything to deserve them."

Lol EA help wouldn't understand the issue anyway. They never do :)

Yeah the representatives A. Don't understand English very well, and B. Have no knowledge about anything in this game.
    Though on a positive side, my grammar skills are improving since I need to describe everything in great detail ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It provides additional benefits for those impacted that the rest of us do not receive. Maybe that was the intention, I obviously don’t know. And while I appreciate your time, this does not make me feel better about this particular incident.

You actually described kozi's first post:

People were impacted by a change.
    Those impacted were acknowledged with a benefit.

That was the whole action.

Not to be dismissive, but you actually made the point up there. :)

If you don't agree that we should acknowledge players who have been impacted, then we will have to agree to disagree.

I don't know if I can make you feel better, if you are focusing on 'they got something I didn't'.

Well, they made choices based on information that you also did not. They were impacted in a way you were not our could not be. So, they are different from you in this view.

I don't know how to resolve that disconnect.

What do you think?
    @CG_RyDiggs
    I certainly agree that when players are negatively impacted by a change, there should be some form of recompense.

In my humble opinion, the disconnect is not that there is a reward - it's the size of the reward compared to the in game impact of the situation overall.

First off, if you see the 20k crystals as a pseudo "recompense" (I'll use that instead of another "r" word so I don't break TOS) for the money spent, that's fine. It is worth noting that "recompense" is typically issued for items that are returned.

Second, since it seems that those who 7* CHS did not have to "return" the extra 2 stars, and get to benefit from the 7* character (who is then able to complete special missions, raids, etc.) that this is NOT "recompense" for the money spent, but instead a gesture of apology for the inconvenience.

Except that it is 40 times higher than the highest "apology for the inconvenience" ever given (at least, as far as most players know).

Third, this, what is in essence a "double reward", was given to players, many of whom would have 7* CHS anyway. Not all, to be sure. But most whales (which is who we are clearly talk8ng about here) max new characters anyway. I am in a guild with several. Heck, some whales run suboptimal arens teams right after they obtain such a toon just to "****" for the shard. Lol.

Now the last is a weaker point, admittedly, as I fully understand the need for CG/EA (and any business, really) to keep their paying customers happy - especially those that support the company the most, financially.

Unfortunately what likely should have been done when the decision to change tge requirement back to a 5* CHS, was a message (instead of 20k crystals) should have gone out to the affected players giving them the choice of 20k crystals but have their CHS reduced back to 5* OR simply keep their 7* version, since they will need him anyway (and benefit from him) +500 crystals for the inconvenience.

I say "unfortunately" because the poor initial decision really only leaves rationalizing why the decision was made to give players a reward worth over $100 and, at the same time continue to benefit from the character they are receiving recompense for.

@Nikoms565 you need to be a
    Mod, Niko. At the very least. At most, president of the U.S.

• @CG_RyDiggs Thank you for responding and facing the fire (and, in this observer's opinion, emerging unburnt). The clarity is helpful and appreciated. As always, the player base just wants communication and understanding. Thus, it really surprises me that there was absolutely no communication before the 20k crystals were given. The fact that these just showed up and there was no acknowledgment or explanation for 3 days is the most troubling piece of all. While hindsight is 20/20, this outrage was quite predictable. I trust (hopefully for good reason) that this type of mistaken lack of communication won't happen again.

As it is, I've spent thousands and thousands on the game since starting to play in August 2016. I'm a guild leader of a community of 5 guilds including one in the top 80 or so of total guild GP. I only say this to ground the next comment with adequate context. I've spent to help my guild since I started playing, even when the value wasn't there subjectively. I bought the CHS $10 pack and then a vault to use on the 5-330 pack (after banking 1100 cantina energy), but when the drop rates were so low, I stopped at 5*. I also spent other money on other items at the time, but they weren't specific to CHS, just to TB. So I get that the $110 plus I spent isn't enough to be meaningful here and that's fine. It is your decision (using "your" collectively to refer to EA and CG, in case it was not clear) and I hope that various levels of spenders were considered. From my perspective, I can't justify continuing to spend on the game when these types of money grabs occur. I don't buy any explanation that the 7* requirement wasn't made until after the release of the HRSo/HRSc and CHS packs. I won't spend money in the foreseeable future (and the removal of the 21 day booster pack sure helps remove the temptation, so somewhat sarcastically thank you for that), but I'm open to spending in the future if things improve.

The ball is in your court. Let's see substantive improvement as I imagine I am not alone on this team.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

@CG_RyDiggs This seems to be the biggest disconnect with how this is a benefit for an inconvenience rather than a refund. We're not talking about 500 crystals, a zeta mat or two, or a few Chewie shards. All of these things are attainable by most players within a week. 20k crystals, to a free to play player, would take 40 days (at a minimum) to attain. Its also kind of foolish to even acknowledge this as an accurate time frame, as very few completely free to play players are at the top of their arena shards.

I'm really confused about how this is being wrapped up as an apology when the amount of currency is, as Nikoms said, significantly higher than anything of this kind prior to this date. It really looks like preferential treatment based on amount spent. How is this act (a benefit given for an inconvenience significantly higher than any other similar benefit) not preferential to those who spend more money on the game?
This discussion has been closed.