Guild search by name feature inadequate

Hello,

I've been told by a potential ally that they were unable to search for our guild, Force Kin, by name. After playing around with several settings and search terms, including words in their guild name, I've determined that it is because the name search is very simple and inadequate for the purposes of finding a specific guild by name.

For example, typing in just "Kin" returns any guild with the letters k,i, and n in that sequence, regardless of case sensitivity and if those letters are part of larger word. For example, the words Viking, King, Fyedkin, or Ewokin might be returned.

Furthermore, adding an additional word, "Force," does not narrow the search or give priority to results with both words in any way. Instead, the search is now broadened to include guild names with either of those two sequences of letters, rather than just those containing both.

The search algorithm really needs to be made "smarter" if there is any hope of being able to find a specific guild by name.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7286 posts Moderator
    It appears you cannot search for your own guild, which probably explains my difficulties. It mau be worth looking into still though.