it's time for....PANIC FARMING=)

Replies

• Gotta catch em all!
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Have they said if this is a either unlock at 5 stars or a all or nothing unlock at 7?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    The Pheonix one likely is hinting at a Thrawn return plus the season 4 squad members

The Phoenix one is for the return of the Thrawn event, and zetas for Phoenix characters.

Well Pheonix is missing.

Old Rex.

And Agent Kallus S4
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Have they said if this is a either unlock at 5 stars or a all or nothing unlock at 7?

It's 5 star according to swgoh.gg.
  • You want everything....that's the problem. and then complain and blame devs when you can't
  • Got all 7*. Yay me :/
  • Bet on BB8 being needed for a heroic Rey event similar to R2 and CLS. Didn't have enough time for R2 then, and don't have enough time for BB8 now
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I still need 53 shards to 7* FOST. I was short of a few days for CLS and the lack of interest for the character did not activate my panic farming mode. Here, I'm interested, BB8 is that kind of useful, not OP character that I like. Plus I'm having fun with my Resistance team so I really would like to add it to my roster. I'm crossing my fingers for good rng but I should be OK at some point during the event, maybe not right at the beginning. Well, except if I consistently have bad RNG. Thankfully, I still have to pick into the 500 crystals we got recently. I will Put them to good use refreshing energy and FOST nodes.

What I'm more worried about is that, except my G11 zKylo, the other FO toons are G8... Without zeta. And the opposing team for the event makes it seem like it will be a serious challenge to seven star BB8 with my current FO team.
  • BB8 is coming in a few days and my 1st order aren't all 7*. also the devs gave a hint i dunno if it is about Thrawn event coming back on October (cant remember much on what i have read).well im not into complaining and FYI im f2p and very stingy! atm i was farming Hera, Ezra, Sabine, Chopp just to prepare in case the Thrawn event comes back and voyla! BB8 event! you need to prioritize FO first. So i wanna know how others feels about it? buying packs is the path to whalehood lol. aint gonna buy those packs not a chance! im gonna stay with panic farming just like what i did to get CLS.

This is the first event (Ok 2nd I had good empire for R2); that I've been fully prepared. My FO are all 7* and G9 or above. It. Feels. Freaking. Great. My phoenix are also ready, all G8/G10.

I've got this.
  • Guess it's a good thing I've been farming FOST and FOTP.
    FOR 5 MONTHS NOW. xD
  • And they're still not 7*.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Have they said if this is a either unlock at 5 stars or a all or nothing unlock at 7?

It's 5 star according to swgoh.gg.

You can also see the character in your inventory - 0/145 also suggests a 5* unlock.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyle has been on the list to get in cantina for a lot of time now. And now because of his double drops I'm going for him to also get the double currency which I am using for FO and HRS
  • How many more panic farms can there be? Unless a totally new faction comes along.
    Fo is/was a hard farm due to fotp and fost.

Ns? Geos?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    How many more panic farms can there be? Unless a totally new faction comes along.

Ns? Geos?

Tuskens!
  • Liath wrote: »
    How many more panic farms can there be? Unless a totally new faction comes along.

Ns? Geos?

Tuskens!

My b. Yea tres amigos Tuscans !
  • These double drops were awesome last night. I got about 40 shards to unlock Kylo with 600ish energy, though there was a bad stretch of drops where I didn't get any shards but the currency and the credits were good enough that I wasn't too upset. I hope with the next couple nights that I'll get him to 5* which is what I was aiming for. Mainly because there's no way to get FOST to higher than 5* in the time allotted without refreshing his nodes. Which, if I can get a GooglePlay card to get more crystals than I might just do that.
  • How many more panic farms can there be? Unless a totally new faction comes along.

Ns? Geos?

I wish these would just go away. Panic farming is becoming the new revenue model for CG and it's exhausting. I won't even try for BB8. I'm sure CG will make him a required character for Old Luke but I'm sure I'll quit by then.

Ns? Geos?

I wish these would just go away. Panic farming is becoming the new revenue model for CG and it's exhausting. I won't even try for BB8. I'm sure CG will make him a required character for Old Luke but I'm sure I'll quit by then.

But who else is there, really? Lobot U'Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?? I know I'm speaking from a place of a longer player than some but faction wise it's almost done.
    I guess ewoks for AT-ST? (We re due for some new toons in shops -arena/cantina/gw)

• My question is... will we need BB8 to unlock Jedi Rey or to unlock Old Man Luke? Or both?!
  • Meh. FO is dark side so they aren't worth wasting time and effort on for BB8. You can spent time and money ion FO for one toon that won't matter much or Just keep working on rebels. Just look at how worthless sith have become as evidence dark side isn't worth any effort for anything
  • He unlocks at 5*
  • My First Order and Phoenix Squad are 7 star, but only gear 8. I'll be panic farming gear more than anything.

On a side note: What are the chances of a First Order rework after the BB-8 event expires? It happened with Grand Moff Tarken if I remember correctly. He got buffed right after the R2 event expired.

Either way, I think it'd be a good idea to get your First Order and Resistance up as they'll likely be needed for stuff in the next few months.
  • Phoenix is my priority for Thrawn and TB. If FO happens to get to 7-stars then great but I am not spending a crystal on a refresh for them
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    Phoenix is my priority for Thrawn and TB. If FO happens to get to 7-stars then great but I am not spending a crystal on a refresh for them

This^. These panic farms are exhausting for average players. CG needs to get away from this strategy.
  • I'm just ignoring the BB8 event.

No need for panic farming.
  • Like some others, I've been working on FO for a while. I got Phasma back when she was a top meta leadership. Got Kylo to do the solo P1 thing, just before CLS dropped. Worked on FOO for my zVader rancor team (obviously pre-CLS). Started building up FOTP when I wanted to use his ship.

All of them were done or pretty close before BB8 was announced. EXCEPT! FOST. I hadn't done squat with him, except get him to exactly 5*, L60 & g6 - just enough for the others to carry him for a 3* mod challenge.

Yup. Panic farming. That definitely describes me! I bought the pack because I still needed about 80 to finish up FOTP, and that got FOST to 6*. But that still left 100 shards to go.

I think I'll make it, unless RNGeezus specifically targets me for punishment. But I expect to have to buy at least all of the 50 refreshes during the 2x drops, and maybe a few of the 100s. That is definitely NOT how I wanted to spend those gems and energy this week. :(
  • Tothebar wrote: »
    Meh. FO is dark side so they aren't worth wasting time and effort on for BB8. You can spent time and money ion FO for one toon that won't matter much or Just keep working on rebels. Just look at how worthless sith have become as evidence dark side isn't worth any effort for anything

Can't get CLS without r2, can't get r2 without empire, nihilus is a top toon, bb8 likely needed for starkiller rey imo, they're crazy fun to play with. Lots of reasons to farm dark side. Just need to think a little harder
  • Flakbait wrote: »
    Like some others, I've been working on FO for a while. I got Phasma back when she was a top meta leadership. Got Kylo to do the solo P1 thing, just before CLS dropped. Worked on FOO for my zVader rancor team (obviously pre-CLS). Started building up FOTP when I wanted to use his ship.

All of them were done or pretty close before BB8 was announced. EXCEPT! FOST. I hadn't done squat with him, except get him to exactly 5*, L60 & g6 - just enough for the others to carry him for a 3* mod challenge.

Yup. Panic farming. That definitely describes me! I bought the pack because I still needed about 80 to finish up FOTP, and that got FOST to 6*. But that still left 100 shards to go.

I think I'll make it, unless RNGeezus specifically targets me for punishment. But I expect to have to buy at least all of the 50 refreshes during the 2x drops, and maybe a few of the 100s. That is definitely NOT how I wanted to spend those gems and energy this week. :(

Umm...then don't? How about exercise some self control and act like an adult? This whole BB8 is a test of maturity and responsibility. Whales have none.
  • I suck !