Best resistance squad?

With the release of bb-8 I'm also curious what the best resistance squad is now. Does he take someone's place or is he more for the droid lovers?

Replies

• Options
    Depends on where you're using him. With that 70 turn cooldown he seems more for raids. Bb8 can expose and Rey can't so I'm thinking she's the one who gets replaced
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I would go with Finn lead, Resistance Trooper, Poe, R2 and BB8. R2 adds droid synergy, potency and stealth, the others expose and BB8 tries to get illuminated destiny off cooldown, but with stuff like taunt and tenacity up it probably won't work all the time
  • Options
    Of course this is speculation, but i cant see bb8 helping resistance too much when another exposer or plug and chug toon could be used instead.
  • Options
    Bb8 can expose and Rey can't so I'm thinking she's the one who gets replaced

This. If you really want to fit in BB8.

If the remaining team has enough potency, you may not even need the additional Expose from BB8, and then the DPS Rey deals is better.

Unless that 70 cooldown ability is somehow relevant in arena or GW, I'm don't think BB8 will get a spot on my Resistance team.

• Options
    I'm hoping there's some future synergy that will make BB8 really good, but unfortunately, I'm not seeing it right now.

If using Covert Data Transfer gave tm to all resistance/droids based on how many allies had Secret Intel, not just BB8, then he might be pretty decent. It wouldn't make him a Thrawn or DN or CLS, not by a long shot. But it would give Resistance a backup tm engine, albeit much slower than their Finn zeta expose engine. And they really need a backup, secondary thing going for them, because right now, they've got flat out nothing if they're not getting tons of extra turns. And half the mechanics in the game easily interrupt their TM abuse.

Also, 70 turn cooldown?? I mean... maybe there's something coming down the line that will synergize and make this easier to use, but right now it seems crazy for an ability that's nowhere near as strong as Annihilate.

Maybe a future character will have a 20% chance to expose an enemy each turn for each ally that has Secret Intel or something.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Maebalzurakin
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Secret Intel: "when an ally uses a special ability, they gain secret Intel for 3 turns, then the cooldown of illuminated Destiny is reduced by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel."

For in the first round everyone uses a special ability, and all 5 resistance will have Secret Intel. After that each character turn will remove 5 from the cooldown, or 25 per round. The 70 turn cooldown will be up in 3 rounds.

You would also remove another 2 per round from BB8 and R2 crits.
  • Options
    Resistance cooldowns are also reduced each time an exposed enemy is attacked. 70 cooldowns will disappear in a hurry.
  • Options
    BB-8 is more useful to Resistance than just the exposes after the 70 turn cooldown. His Covert ability gives the character with it +25% potency. Especially helpful for those of us that don't have god potency mods.

And Maebalzurakin Nefarious above is correct. You have to read the ability carefully, but that cooldown will come down a lot faster than you think.
  • Options
    moving to proper thread location;

Squad and character strategy
  • Options
    Getting the CD reduced by 27 per turn is a best case scenario. It assumes you have all 5 characters alive, that they can all use a special ability every turn (never the case), and that both BB-8 and R2 always critical. However, R2 can critical 5 times using his fire debuff. Seems like if you're powering your way toward using this ability fast, you're already dominating the match.
  • Options
    @Maebalzurakin @NefariousBredd @Dretzle I get how the ability works, and if everything goes perfectly, yeah, sometime during the team's 3rd set of turns, ID will be ready to use. But in my experience, by the 3rd set of turns, a resistance team has already either won or lost. Either they've recovered from the enemy's opener and are rolling endless tm abuse, or they're mostly dead.

For a 70 cooldown ability, one that requires correct setup and good rng to reduce, I want something like Annihilate that permanently alters the battlefield. I want something that will let my team steal victories when I'm down 3 against 4 and it looks like it's all over.

I just want to win on offense. I don't care if Resistance are ever top notch on defense in arena. I just want to play my 5-10 matches per day and take #1 when it's my turn. But unfortunately, like what @Dexterous is saying, BB8 seems like a win harder character who doesn't do much to shore up current resistance weaknesses.

Give me a way to severely punish cleanses. I need that way worse than anything ID appears to bring to the team.
    Barris irl imo idk
  • Options
    Good point.
  • Options
    Yeah my guess is you probably won't get it off in arena, and if you did you had probably won anyway.

I think BB-8 might be more of the devs way of giving us a much easier chance of consistently beating GW. Unless his ability is similar to annihalate in which it resets every instance, you will definitely be able to have it ready for node 12, possible even both node 12 and 9, boosting your resistance team very significantly in that battle allowing for a much easier clearing of whichever node you are having trouble on.

It's almost like a free win button for 1-2 nodes in GW, which is all you really need.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Resistance cooldowns are also reduced each time an exposed enemy is attacked. 70 cooldowns will disappear in a hurry.
    Yes but it will never be decisive for the outcome of the match. By the time you pull it, chances are the opposing team is already under Resistance control so it's pretty much useless.
  • Options
    I'm interested in using him for hAAT p2. Secret Intel will help take down the turrets (25% potency boost), and tenacity down on main gun will be nice. I'm not really sure how much potency is necessary to make it a 15%-chance-to-resist-only scenario, but I'm guessing this will allow me to run speed/damage mods as a priority over potency. Only thing is, do I replace Rey, or RP? My gut says RP simply because Rey does such massive damage, but if the potency boost is enough to keep the machine going for much longer, I'd replace Rey.