So what Phoenix Squad member do you NOT usually use?

Replies

• Options
    EricsonX wrote: »
    Just wondering.

People are having success with both characters, Sabine and Chopper, when discussing Thrawn and Territory Battles. I'd say go with whichever character you have higher, and mod accordingly.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    In TB Sabine goes on the bench, everywhere else Chopper
    Reason why I bench Sabine in TB, is if RNG gets really bad, survival is the key, but it takes forever as then it’s practically Esra who has to kill all of the opponents
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I leave out Zeb, as Sabine and Ezra together deal large amounts of damage (using "watch and learn" on Sabine can deal massive damage), and Chopper's health bonus at the start of each turn is also helpful
  • Options
    Sabine is better overall in terms of synergy with other squads. Chopper is a must have on PS especially in TBs cause of his unique. So I have both G11 but I hardly use Sabine with the other PS
  • Options
    I leave out Zeb, as Sabine and Ezra together deal large amounts of damage (using "watch and learn" on Sabine can deal massive damage), and Chopper's health bonus at the start of each turn is also helpful

You're high if you bench Zeb. His unique with Hera leadership makes the whole team survive wayyyy longer. Plus his daze? Along with chopper my PS team finishes P5 in TB wit like +140%-180% protection full health
  • Options
    Sabine. Chopper may not do much except keep you alive, but in TB, all you want is to stay alive long enough to keep using Orbital Strike.
  • Options
    I used to use sabine cause i couldnt see how the team could win without her dps, but then i switched to chopper who i discovered has far more utility. He gives loads more survivability to the team and serves as a backup to kanan if kanan is stunned, killed, or ability blocked.
  • Options
    If you're leaving out Sabine then you're doing it wrong. Also a good Phoenix squad can still clear TB without Chopper
  • Options
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    If you're leaving out Sabine then you're doing it wrong. Also a good Phoenix squad can still clear TB without Chopper

Lol a good Phoenix Squad. So all g11? Why do that when you can get away with chopper and all g8? Sounds to me like your version of ‘right’ is a waste of resources that could go elsewhere.
  • Options
    I barely use Chopper. Sabine has great utility with that dark saber
  • Options
    Sabine gets left on the bench since she's still 4 stars. Her face scares me so I try not to look at her at all.
  • Options
    Leave out Chopper....people with really weak Phoenix teams are dependent on Chopper, apparently...but, on a properly geared and modded Phoenix team, Chopper is unnecessary.
    Chopper or kanan, both don't do much

Sure...Kanan doesn't do much....lol. To start, his maxed unique gives everyone 70% counter chance and also recovery of 25% health whenever they are hit with a debuff. Just with that alone, if you leave out Kanan then you're crazy. He can also cleanse debuffs on himself and another ally...and he taunts and grants himself protection up and can grant another ally protection up. But he doesn't do much, hahaha......yeah right, lol.
    Bennehftw wrote: »

But when you're talking about a full team of Phoenix characters Sabine is literally the worst for the synergy of the team.

Always opt out Sabine in a full Phoenix team.

Then you don't have her geared and/or modded very well. Ezra and Sabine mow through opponents with her giving them crit chance and crit damage boosts and him giving them a stacking offense boost....Kanan and Zeb give the team all the defense they need. If you can't protect Sabine with Kanan's taunt and protection up from both Kanan/Zeb and Hera's back-up plan and Kanan's 25% health regain on a debuff and Zeb's protection gain at the start of turns, then you're not doing it right, lmao. Plus, Sabine gives everyone +25% crit chance and +25% crit damage.
  • Options
    I find Sabine is better than Chopper in Arena once you have her geared up - the extra dps really helps. Chopper works well in GW with the shared health regens. I still use Sabine in GW but only the hard nodes like 9 & 12.
  • Options
    Sabine gets left out.

Choppers taunt plus evasion bonus is great, allowing the rest of the team to keep protection and health up.

If Chopper's evasion fails Hera can give him backup or Zeb and Kanan can up his protection while his health kicks in. If need be Kanan can take over the taunt.

If there's no time limit Sabine's extra damage isn't as much of a priority as surviving.
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Get 2 tha choppa
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    I don't use zebb. I'll take chopper or Sabine over him. Chopper makes your team that much harder to kill and Sabine increase team wide damage output pretty significantly.
  • Options
    Elbertoman wrote: »
    I don't use zebb. I'll take chopper or Sabine over him. Chopper makes your team that much harder to kill and Sabine increase team wide damage output pretty significantly.

Zeb’s daze is clutch
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    I don't use chopper. I got him to 5 stars because i could get him faster than sabine for thrawn, but have since 7 starred all of them besides chopper. Sabine and Ezra are the only big damage dealers, can't imagine not using her. Chopper with Kanan just seems like overkill.
  • Options
    I don't use Ezra in my Phoenix team. He's too good to be wasted on the rest of those bozos!
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    chopper gives hp and prot regen, useful buffs to phoenix allies, decrease their cooldowns also he removes enemy buffs and stuns droids....i wouldnt call that useless especially for longer fights like TB. Chopper is much better than sabine imho. other 4 is just must have in the team.
  • Options
    Use chopper if you want the min possible for Thrawn event and TB, Sabine if you plan on maxing everyone.

this!

• Options
    Sabine. She's a good toon but Chopper is more useful with his taunt, buffs and dispel.
  • Options
    Leave out Chopper....people with really weak Phoenix teams are dependent on Chopper, apparently...but, on a properly geared and modded Phoenix team, Chopper is unnecessary.

Sure...Kanan doesn't do much....lol. To start, his maxed unique gives everyone 70% counter chance and also recovery of 25% health whenever they are hit with a debuff. Just with that alone, if you leave out Kanan then you're crazy. He can also cleanse debuffs on himself and another ally...and he taunts and grants himself protection up and can grant another ally protection up. But he doesn't do much, hahaha......yeah right, lol.

But when you're talking about a full team of Phoenix characters Sabine is literally the worst for the synergy of the team.

Then you don't have her geared and/or modded very well. Ezra and Sabine mow through opponents with her giving them crit chance and crit damage boosts and him giving them a stacking offense boost....Kanan and Zeb give the team all the defense they need. If you can't protect Sabine with Kanan's taunt and protection up from both Kanan/Zeb and Hera's back-up plan and Kanan's 25% health regain on a debuff and Zeb's protection gain at the start of turns, then you're not doing it right, lmao. Plus, Sabine gives everyone +25% crit chance and +25% crit damage.

Don’t listen to this guy^ he has chopper at G6, biased much? Take it from someone who has all PS G11 and tested them out using arena mods. Chopper is better than Sabine when using full PS. Especially in TB survivability > dps

• Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

Don’t listen to this guy^ he has chopper at G6, biased much? Take it from someone who has all PS G11 and tested them out using arena mods. Chopper is better than Sabine when using full PS. Especially in TB survivability > dps

Just with Zeb you get more than enough survivability though. I've gone 6/6 on the PX node with a G11 Sabine, G10 Kanan, G10 Hera, G10 Ezra, and G9 Zeb - and the whole team finished with near full protection. Sabine also helps your survivabilty by killing things quicker so you don't take nearly the same amount of damage. Regarding Chopper - I used Chopper, not Sabine to get Thrawn 7* so I understand what he can do. The team can work with both, but you can finish and kill things much quicker with Sabine. Zeb+Chopper is redundant as both Kanan and Zeb have specials that give more protection up than Chopper that can go on 4/5 of the team and with all that protection you don't get below 100% health for Chopper's passive heal to even matter.
  • Options
    The real answer is that it was a mistake to have 6 PS members. They should have baked Chopper's abilities in with Kanan and had a team of five (a la FO) instead of six.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    To anyone using Sabine, since she is better for Arena.. you must be pretty low in Arena rankings. Cuz if you are using Phoenix Squad in Arena, you are dropping regularly. So, if not using Phoenix for Arena, then Phoenix is a waste of resources except for the minimum. And guess who is good if you just want the minimum, chopper. Yay, chopper wins
  • Options
    usArmyJedi wrote: »

Just with Zeb you get more than enough survivability though. I've gone 6/6 on the PX node with a G11 Sabine, G10 Kanan, G10 Hera, G10 Ezra, and G9 Zeb - and the whole team finished with near full protection. Sabine also helps your survivabilty by killing things quicker so you don't take nearly the same amount of damage. Regarding Chopper - I used Chopper, not Sabine to get Thrawn 7* so I understand what he can do. The team can work with both, but you can finish and kill things much quicker with Sabine. Zeb+Chopper is redundant as both Kanan and Zeb have specials that give more protection up than Chopper that can go on 4/5 of the team and with all that protection you don't get below 100% health for Chopper's passive heal to even matter.

The heal is not what you use Chopper for. It's the protection up EVERY time you take damage.

That said, I'm working on Sabine in my spare time. She looks like fun, but they're all so hard to gear compared to what I can get elsewhere.
  • Options
    I used Hera/Sabine/Ezra/Zeb/Kanan and finished 6/6 ...

I used Chopper in place of Zeb and got 5/6 ... Gonna try Chopper in place of Sabine next.
  • Options

doesnt kanan give 40% counterchance to everybody? pretty clutch imo. hera and kanan are the heart of phoenix squadron (in universe)
  • Options
    All useless until you hit G8 or G9, except Ezra who rocks, then the choice is easy, Sabine harder farm than chopper, better attacker good for short missions where you need high damage.
    Chopper adds a ton of survivability to the team great for longer harder missions, like 6 stages in TB for example, so pick between,

hit hard but be frail - Sabine
    Damage not great but awesome survivability - chopper

so you would leave sabine out for TB? just wondering who is the best 5 to maximize my TB performance