So what Phoenix Squad member do you NOT usually use?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    I leave out Chopper. Sabine gives 2 very important abilities: permanent armor destruction and non-counterable AoE.

I'd leave them all out since they all eat up the SAME GEAR but I found them useful for GW's lower/mid nodes.
  • Options
    Sabine gets left out in favor of Chopper. I find the survivability granted from Chopper to be invaluable
  • Options
    When it comes to PvE, It's more damage vs never dying.

I'd rather take never dying any day of the week.

Chopper solidifies Phoenix as a defensive rock.

Darksaber is simply armor penetration, it can make little to no difference in some circumstances where the toon already has tons of pen, or the enemy has little armor. No matter what it's capped to 100% and you won't see double damage at that point.

Her AoE is crap, if it did AoE stagger then that would be something worth noting. Or at least did some epic damage.

Her basic is good, but it totally falls within the line of darksaber as she isn't a high penetration toon. It's literally only for her and slightly for erza.

Her unique needs to be upped and something added to it. Like crits cause health steal would synergize her with the rest of the team. A plain CC/CD to the team is stupid for what Phoenix is about.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    Leave out Chopper....people with really weak Phoenix teams are dependent on Chopper, apparently...but, on a properly geared and modded Phoenix team, Chopper is unnecessary.
    Chopper or kanan, both don't do much

Sure...Kanan doesn't do much....lol. To start, his maxed unique gives everyone 70% counter chance and also recovery of 25% health whenever they are hit with a debuff. Just with that alone, if you leave out Kanan then you're crazy. He can also cleanse debuffs on himself and another ally...and he taunts and grants himself protection up and can grant another ally protection up. But he doesn't do much, hahaha......yeah right, lol.
    Bennehftw wrote: »

But when you're talking about a full team of Phoenix characters Sabine is literally the worst for the synergy of the team.

Always opt out Sabine in a full Phoenix team.

Then you don't have her geared and/or modded very well. Ezra and Sabine mow through opponents with her giving them crit chance and crit damage boosts and him giving them a stacking offense boost....Kanan and Zeb give the team all the defense they need. If you can't protect Sabine with Kanan's taunt and protection up from both Kanan/Zeb and Hera's back-up plan and Kanan's 25% health regain on a debuff and Zeb's protection gain at the start of turns, then you're not doing it right, lmao. Plus, Sabine gives everyone +25% crit chance and +25% crit damage.

Don’t listen to this guy^ he has chopper at G6, biased much? Take it from someone who has all PS G11 and tested them out using arena mods. Chopper is better than Sabine when using full PS. Especially in TB survivability > dps

Just with Zeb you get more than enough survivability though. I've gone 6/6 on the PX node with a G11 Sabine, G10 Kanan, G10 Hera, G10 Ezra, and G9 Zeb - and the whole team finished with near full protection. Sabine also helps your survivabilty by killing things quicker so you don't take nearly the same amount of damage. Regarding Chopper - I used Chopper, not Sabine to get Thrawn 7* so I understand what he can do. The team can work with both, but you can finish and kill things much quicker with Sabine. Zeb+Chopper is redundant as both Kanan and Zeb have specials that give more protection up than Chopper that can go on 4/5 of the team and with all that protection you don't get below 100% health for Chopper's passive heal to even matter.

The heal is not what you use Chopper for. It's the protection up EVERY time you take damage.

That said, I'm working on Sabine in my spare time. She looks like fun, but they're all so hard to gear compared to what I can get elsewhere.

I agree it's a good skill, but my position is that it is not needed at all given Zeb's unique which restores 15% protection at the start of each turn for PX allies + the fact that Kanan and Zeb have skills that allow for putting 40 and 50% protection up on their selves and another ally. There's just no reason to put on more defense / armor when you're already impenetrable. Go with the more balanced team that has some offensive capability.
  • Options
    All of them, because the whole team is terrible.

Less flippantly (and in answer to your question): Sabine, because it's harder and takes more time to farm her.