Where is comparison of gear cost in stores?

Has anybody assembled comparison of how much gear you get for how much currency in each of the stores. (i.e. 1 carbanti piece costs x crystals, or y shard shop currency, or z tb currency, or so much crystals for energy when farming etc.)

This page has partial information (crystals, energy refreshes, gear)
http://shard.swgoh.life/shop.php

I see some snippets alluding to some calculations, but haven't found price lists for the other shops.

Thanks.

Replies

• Someone posted that shard shop is 160 per single piece of gear and fleet was 120 per piece but that's all I've seen recently
  • Tiggus wrote: »

I second this. I reference this at least once a day. Very handy.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?

I believe you charted the value % from the farming cost? I did it a bit different, most pieces are cheapest to farm but the energy costs get incrementally more expensive. It's probably ok for a F2P player since they have limited access to crystals. I used shipment's crystal cost as the basis and did comparisons. For example if you look at the cost of cuffs in the TB store vs the non-exclusive gear, they are incredibly cheap. It's only 1.75 TB tokens per crystal vs say MK 6 Dets at 2.89 tokens per crystal.

Also the G11 gold gear, full pieces require two components but one of them are challenge gear so people have thousands already. They really don't need to be factored into the cost. So you can buy the other component for 750 making that the practical cost of the full piece.
  • Thanks. Is there any documentation to go with that sheet? Looks like the sort of information I am looking for, but having tough time figuring out what it means. The column titles are not particularly self-explanatory.

I believe you charted the value % from the farming cost? I did it a bit different, most pieces are cheapest to farm but the energy costs get incrementally more expensive. It's probably ok for a F2P player since they have limited access to crystals. I used shipment's crystal cost as the basis and did comparisons. For example if you look at the cost of cuffs in the TB store vs the non-exclusive gear, they are incredibly cheap. It's only 1.75 TB tokens per crystal vs say MK 6 Dets at 2.89 tokens per crystal.

Also the G11 gold gear, full pieces require two components but one of them are challenge gear so people have thousands already. They really don't need to be factored into the cost. So you can buy the other component for 750 making that the practical cost of the full piece.

@sneeekypants
    First, I computed the cheaper price in crystals for each piece (salvage): either based on the cost in shipments (e.g. AAT Raid gear, or gold component pieces), or on their farm cost (with 50¢ refresh cost, e.g. stun cuffs who are just slightly cheaper to obtain that way). That's in the columns AC (crystal cost)-AD (grind cost)-AE (min of these 2)-AF (cost for a full piece, including all parts).

Second, for each location / shop, I collected the price per 1 salvage (e.g. stun cuff = 49 TB$), and based on that item, what's the "exchange rate" of that currency in crystals (the more the better), in this case 43% means 1TB$ is worth 0.43 crystals, since it takes 49 TB$ to buy 1 piece that costs 21 crystals.

Lastly, I paint in green what's worth buying almost without thinking, in orange what's worth buying if you can't wait and need it right now, and in red things that are a ripoff.

If you're taking the official shipments cost as basis of comparison, it won't be that different for most items (e.g. stun cuffs are 28 for you, 21 for me), and we reach the same conclusions (buying from TB, stun cuffs are a better value (43%, would be more than 50% compared to the "official" price of 28 crystals) than the Thermals Mk6 (35%)).

As for challenge gear (Carbantis and gold gear), I've "discounted" their farm price by half to indicate that their value is somewhat less than what you pay for it (since you get some/most for free). The story could be refined a bit since some of them (Carbantis, golden eyes) are in such stellar demand you will need to buy some, whereas the 2 other golden gears you have more than enough with the free stockpile, making their real price = 0.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • @stohelit @Dryff

In addition to what's above:

Each group of columns is a store / location where you can obtain gear (including Raid boxes, even though you neither pay nor choose what you get there): both Raids, Stores (TB, Guild, Shard, Fleet[to be removed], "official" shipments).
    The last columns (AC-AF) are the computed best price for one part or a full piece (see post above).

Within each column group (each store), columns differentiate between quantities (or conditions) you can buy the gear: per salvage/part (1, 3, 5, 6, 20, 25,... often I just reduced it to "per part"), for a full prototype (e.g. the Stun Gun) or for a fully crafted gear. Each column is doubled, with the first giving the price in that store (e.g. 1 Stun Gun salvage in the shard shop = 28 ****$) and the other one the "exchange rate" of that currency to crystals when buying that piece (75% means each 1 ****$ is worth 0.75 crystals on that purchase, which is way better than if you were buying one of these blue pieces there where it would be 1 ****$ = 0.25 crystals).

Colors and notes on the right are a guide to whether it's a good or a bad deal.

Hope that helps.
    PS: This is still incomplete, as I still gather prices from the Shard Shop 2.0 (which looks like it has some very decent deals, at least it's much better than it used to be, for gear).
  • @Tiggus This is great! Thank you for the explanation.

Do you account for character needs here? So basically, that buying the M3 Sienar Holoprjector for 300 crystals in Shipments is worth it because they are in such high demand, and not available in the guild store, where Mk 8 Weapon Mods you shouldn't buy because there are "cheaper" places to get them.

I'm seeing a couple bullet points, so correct me if any of these are wrong:

-Don't buy gear from the TB store (unless you are in a hurry for Stun Guns/Cuffs). Better to spend on rare shards.
    -In the guild store, you get great value for full purple pieces like bacta gel and weapon mods
    -In shipments, you get great value from Mk 3 Holo Projectors for 300 and groups of 25 yellow gear for 375
    -The new shard shop is an absolute gold mine for Mk 3 Holo Projectors, Stun Guns, and Cuffs
  • @Tiggus Will you be so kind as to update, when you're able, with the Shard Shop/Fleet changes?
    And then repost here?
    I salute you for your service.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Dryff wrote: »
    @Tiggus This is great! Thank you for the explanation.

Do you account for character needs here? So basically, that buying the M3 Sienar Holoprjector for 300 crystals in Shipments is worth it because they are in such high demand, and not available in the guild store, where Mk 8 Weapon Mods you shouldn't buy because there are "cheaper" places to get them.

-Don't buy gear from the TB store (unless you are in a hurry for Stun Guns/Cuffs). Better to spend on rare shards.
    -In the guild store, you get great value for full purple pieces like bacta gel and weapon mods
    -In shipments, you get great value from Mk 3 Holo Projectors for 300 and groups of 25 yellow gear for 375
    -The new shard shop is an absolute gold mine for Mk 3 Holo Projectors, Stun Guns, and Cuffs

Can you please post the bolded in the thread about the Shard Shop 2.0. I have tried to reason with people - but they don't understand simple math.

You may have to post it several times for some to understand. ;)

@Tiggus - thank you for your hard work on assembling this data. It's people like you (and the Consulars in general) that make this community a good one. Keep up the good work. And if you ever see your founder (Qeltar), tell him hello.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @Nikoms565 Right? So many people are freaking out about the changes to the stores, when we should be celebrating that cuffs and guns can be had for basically ANY type of currency in the game, including ally points!

(okay, so ally points is sorta indirect, but STILL...)
  • Dryff wrote: »
    @Tiggus This is great! Thank you for the explanation.

@Dryff The "demand" side (how high is the demand of a gear amongst all characters) isn't taken much into account in the spreadsheet. But it is in some cases, e.g. I recommend against buying the Chedak Mk4 prototype from shipments (at 1274 crystals), but not against the Stun Gun (same price) because you'll need like 10 times more of the latter than the former, and maybe what you'll get for free from the raid loot will cover your needs. It does for the Carbanti Mk4 for instance (total demand is around 10, to compare to Stun Gun's 200 or so).

The case of the Holo Projector is a bit of the same... it's technically cheaper (by a thin margin) to farm it, but you need so many of them that you'll save yourself a lot of frustration by just buying them. At 300, it's not a big investment, and it's a known/fixed price (unlike farming).

And yes, all of your bullet points are correct. Moreover, after a while (it's my case for instance), Raid gear is not the bottleneck anymore. I used to cry for Furnaces, now I'd much rather get Stun Gun / Cuffs salvage than any of the 4 Rancor exclusive gear, and I have a huge surplus of salvage of AAT exclusive (e.g. Projectors Mk4 which require a Stun Cuffs to craft). The current bottleneck is mostly Stun Guns (Mk5) and Cuffs (Mk3) and Carbanti Mk3 (plus the golden eye, but I don't feel that crunch yet because I'm gated by the 3 other ones first), and I'm hugely positive to see them come to the shard shop at a reasonable price!

@Muaddib I'm updating it every 6 hours with what I see in my store. Feel free to post some of the ones you see that aren't in the table. I haven't seen the infamous Holo Projector in the shop yet, for instance. The spreadsheet is updated in place, just reload it to get the latest version.

@Nikoms565 Haha true, I've read a bit in that thread and gave up... You know, some people will believe what they choose/want to, not what makes sense. I don't think Shard Shop 2.0 is the answer to the gear gate, but it definitely helps. More than the fleet store did, where I did buy a few Stun Guns and always felt guilty about it (= falling behind on zeta, which are exclusive there).
    Oh, the Consulars... that's quite a flashback :smile: Yes it was a great group, and what's left of us (half the guild quit the game at the time of mods) is scattered around everywhere now. Haven't heard of Qeltar since then. He left and never looked back I think. His level-70 Old Ben is still there in my allies list!
  • MK 5 Droid Callers should be highlighted in Orange for "when you need it" under Shipments and highlighted in red for "NEVER" under guild store. Here is why: MK 5 Droid Callers and Stun Cuffs are equally priced in Shipments @ 1400 crystals/ 50 shards. However, Cuffs are much cheaper than Droid callers in the guild store.
  • I am sorry for this necropost but the sheet mentioned above has helped me a lot in the past. Is there a new version or a new way to the information if I should buy or farm certain gear?
  • Toastie
    284 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Wrong thread SORRY