Foresight on GK lasts 4-5 turns, allows damage

In a battle today, my opponent's R2 stealthed and gave foresight to GK. The foresight lasted four-to-five turns and allowed damage even though the foresight remained up. I can't recall if the first hit incorrectly allowed damaged or functioned as designed as I only began paying attention to the malfunction on the subsequent three-to-four hits.

The battle took place somewhere between 4:30 - 6:00pm MST on 9/21/2017 in a battle with Napoli v. Dil (Rex/GK/Nihilus/R2/CLS) on a Dec. 2015 shard.

Replies

• I see this bug all the time where GK has foresight but damage goes through (and not from raid han). Not sure what causes it but it happens quite a bit in my arena matches.
  • If he is stunned foresight is not used (he will not dodge and foresight will not be removed). In addition attacks that can not be dodged like R2s oil slick burn attack and Raid Han's basic will get 'through' foresight without removing it.
  • GK was not stunned and these are not attacks that get through normally, but are regular shots from all team members. Additionally, if foresight is supposed to remain on a stunned character there is another bug as this has never occurred and would seem to make R2 far more powerful than most of us realize - or have experienced.
  • just wanted to say in addition to han and r2, vaders basic will go through. but im sure you know that
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Napoli wrote: »
    GK was not stunned and these are not attacks that get through normally, but are regular shots from all team members. Additionally, if foresight is supposed to remain on a stunned character there is another bug as this has never occurred and would seem to make R2 far more powerful than most of us realize - or have experienced.

I have definitely experienced foresight remaining on a stunned character. Every time I run resistance against a zQGJ team.
  • Liath wrote: »
    GK was not stunned and these are not attacks that get through normally, but are regular shots from all team members. Additionally, if foresight is supposed to remain on a stunned character there is another bug as this has never occurred and would seem to make R2 far more powerful than most of us realize - or have experienced.

I have definitely experienced foresight remaining on a stunned character. Every time I run resistance against a zQGJ team.

I don't have any experience running a full Resistance squad, so I can't speak to that. I can say that mechanic has never manifest itself on offense or defense against Rebel squads. The issue here is when 4/5 of the team is stealthed and one person remains with R2s special. Foresight should last two turns or until dispelled, and it certainly shouldn't allow damage when functional unless through characters with that ability such as Han and R2.

For it to remain 5-6 turns and allow damage via every character (including those with no abilities like Han or R2's burn) is a bug.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I can vouch for stunned toons retaining foresight. Not sure why that GK kept it in this case.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I don't have any experience running a full Resistance squad, so I can't speak to that. I can say that mechanic has never manifest itself on offense or defense against Rebel squads. The issue here is when 4/5 of the team is stealthed and one person remains with R2s special. Foresight should last two turns or until dispelled, and it certainly shouldn't allow damage when functional unless through characters with that ability such as Han and R2.

For it to remain 5-6 turns and allow damage via every character (including those with no abilities like Han or R2's burn) is a bug.

Are you talking about on a stunned character or a non-stunned character? The number of turns it lasts is a separate issue. If it's supposed to last two of the character's turns and it's lasting 5-6 of the character's turns, then that doesn't have anything to do with stun since nobody is staying stunned for 5-6 turns (and most fights don't even last that long). With resistance, the stunned character gets 0 turns, so both the stun and the foresight remain.

If you're saying that the issue with stunned characters is wrong, I disagree. Foresight doesn't go away if it isn't used, it isn't used if the character can't evade, and a stunned character can't evade. You don't need an unevadable ability to hit through foresight on a stunned character because a stunned character is simply incapable of evading.

But you say that there was no stun in your case, so it's not terribly relevant to your issue - which I'd probably need a video of to be able to parse out what happened.
  • Liath wrote: »

Are you talking about on a stunned character or a non-stunned character? The number of turns it lasts is a separate issue. If it's supposed to last two of the character's turns and it's lasting 5-6 of the character's turns, then that doesn't have anything to do with stun since nobody is staying stunned for 5-6 turns (and most fights don't even last that long). With resistance, the stunned character gets 0 turns, so both the stun and the foresight remain.

If you're saying that the issue with stunned characters is wrong, I disagree. Foresight doesn't go away if it isn't used, it isn't used if the character can't evade, and a stunned character can't evade. You don't need an unevadable ability to hit through foresight on a stunned character because a stunned character is simply incapable of evading.

But you say that there was no stun in your case, so it's not terribly relevant to your issue - which I'd probably need a video of to be able to parse out what happened.

My original issue has nothing to do with being stunned. R2 does a stealth for the team and gives GK foresight. A non-stunned GK takes a hit (which may or may not cause damage, I can't recall) but retains foresight. A non-stunned GK then retains foresight for 4-5 additional turns but takes damage on all of them. The bug is the foresight icon remaining when it should be dispelled and is visual only.

Someone raised the caveat of a stun allowing R2 to remain. I tried to explain that in my experience (however long R2 has been around since the first time), characters stunned who receive foresight after his stealth have never retained it in my experience. Someone else said they experience it all the time with Resistance and I explained I don't run that team and can't speak to it, but that it definitely does not occur on my shard or in my guild with Rebels.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

My original issue has nothing to do with being stunned. R2 does a stealth for the team and gives GK foresight. A non-stunned GK takes a hit (which may or may not cause damage, I can't recall) but retains foresight. A non-stunned GK then retains foresight for 4-5 additional turns but takes damage on all of them. The bug is the foresight icon remaining when it should be dispelled and is visual only.

Someone raised the caveat of a stun allowing R2 to remain. I tried to explain that in my experience (however long R2 has been around since the first time), characters stunned who receive foresight after his stealth have never retained it in my experience. Someone else said they experience it all the time with Resistance and I explained I don't run that team and can't speak to it, but that it definitely does not occur on my shard or in my guild with Rebels.

Someone else? That was me. I was the person you were responding to and was confused because I was talking about the stun issue and your response (to me) seemed mostly unrelated to that.
  • @Liath - I didn't pay any attention to who was commenting and probably should have. Apologies.

Whatever is lost in translation regarding the (irrelevant in this case) stun, the visual foresight buff remains up for multiples of turns when it should not and allows damage when it should not.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I can't speak to the allowing damage thru however GK can easily keep FS forever if it never gets consumed.
    His unique give him a 65% chance to gain FS at the end of his turns (which seems to be at the end of everyone of his turns he gets FS but confirmation bias and all).
    FS last to the end of turn so if it is not being consumed properly at end of 2 turns he could lose the R2 FS and gain FS from his own unique and that is a new 2 turns for it to go. Visually you would not see it go away.
  • Unfortunately it's the combination of damage and retained foresight that is the bug I am describing.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Unfortunately it's the combination of damage and retained foresight that is the bug I am describing.

Yeah that is weird.
  • I've been experiencing GK taking damage with foresight up non stunned, mid match against princess Leia.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    To sum this up because I sure did get confused..

Sounds like a visual bug. He got hit, his foresight gets removed BUT the icon doesn't get removed from above his head. So it appears visually that he still has foresight but he really doesn't technically.

so the bug is that the icon isn't getting removed properly, tricking people. :)