General ramblings of a DS user

(Warning: whatever I might write might be all over the place and have grammatical problems and might or might not contain LS hate. I warned you so pls don't comment about these thing. Also its pretty long.)

So here I am a university student who most likely should spend his time working on his group project than writing on the swgoh forums. But i am at a time where i need some empathy and understanding from my fellow swgoh gamers.
As I stated in the title my collection is mostly focused on DS especially Sith and Empire. And at this point of the game has become a chore for me. with the only thing is to fulfill my daily guild commitments, as there is almost to no use for my darkside collection.

I feel like the ROI on DS toons is almost non existente beside that you can get R2-D2 (and now BB-8), especially since the only viable DS toons Nihilus and Thrawn are more used and are extremely good in light side squads. (it is extremely frustrating to see, especially spotting an emperor in a rebel team in arena and getting all your toons stunned while your emperor only got 1-2 stuns in your empire squad and has double the potency of the other emperor, and now imagine my Death Trooper with 95% potency and cant get a debuff applied.)

Concerning raids and rare and legendary character event:

Raids: it´s sad that DS only has 1-3 teams viable teams for both, I´m hoping to see a new raid that actually rewards a DS toon.

Rare and Legendary character events:

Overall the requirements for each I can understand and accept lore wise if that is the reason behind it.
What I cant accept is that almost all of these events benefit and require the LS users. The only DS requirement is R2-D2 which mostly benefits LS, but looking at the others Yoda- requires Jedi benefits Jedi, Palpatine requires Rebels benefits DS (would argue for both sides), R2 requires empire benefits LS, Thrawn requires Phoenix benefits both sides, CLS requires the OG trilogy rebels and benefits LS now BB-8 requires FO and benefits LS and droids.
So basically you cant get the DS characters you need if you have DS, but can get almost everything if you have LS. I´m hoping to see a legendary event that requires DS and gives a DS toon.

Character reworks and power creep:

It´s clear as day that LS is more powerful than DS, some people might say that some characters are op while others argue back that its because they don't have them and that they are noobs, In my experience I had no problem with this because the only thing that is OP in this game is speed, speed and speed if you couldn't mod speed in the game we would have a much different and diverse meta.
Personally the only OP thing I consider is the fact that CLS alone can inflict debuffs that I would need 3-5 different DS characters for that.(I'm around 100 in arena and my Zader team crushes CLS lead pure rebel teams).
The other thing that bothers me is a clear disparity when it comes to reworks of characters light side reworks are far superior to darks side ones, see Han Solo. (I'm still **** over the disappointing empire pass, especially Tarkin rework giving with one hand and taking with the other not cool bro).
I also have a bad feeling that character reworks are going to be made by taking them to gear 12 For exmpl see General Grievous.

My opinion on TB: I have no problem with it, it´s just a lack luster game mode was hoping for boss battles at node 6´s in some territories like battling Vader or Veers or the walkers but no just a generic wave mode type of thing with generic opponents.

About the new shard shop: its a welcome addition, but taking gear out of fleet shipments I disagree, its better to have both, I don't like being told to farm zetas or characters or ships. I farm what I want when I want.

As for the monetary practices of the game: no comment.

PS: I would like to know when can we expect any dark side content in the game, also PAPA PALPATINE NEEDS HIS ZETA PEOPLE.

Replies

• I have read half of it since I am a studend who should work on his group project instead of rant over this game...First of all and most imporant: Its a game....okay? Yes it may be the best mobile game and makes a lot of fun, but everytime someone complains in the forum nowadays I just want to puke. Nothing personal I know your feelings, but what do you think the devs will do? Sit down and think "hmm this dude or that one have some valid points. Maybe we have to change something?"....those times are over.

The forum is dead for any kind of criticism. You post will be moved to a dead section and u get a warning for questioning the almighty video game Developers because you have a little issue with the current game. The light sight rant is here since Pheonix got released. Have the devs listened? No. Have the devs changed something? No.

The game is going downhill for new players and even for veterans, because they cant keep up. Every event and update in the last months was supported so whales can keep playing. Remember ships and what a big thing it was supposed to be?...Yeah I member...now even the devs forgot about it since the last ship update was with the new pheonix ships gettign added to the game....I play since early 2016 and I can see how the game changed from an enthusastic and funny Idea into a money grabbing, communist forum...

We all know its not the devs fault but the company which shall not be named who has full control of its workers.
  • The disparity in reworks I have to agree 100% on. First order, Sith, and Empire all were focused on during 2017, and wham....none of them were close to as good as what Old Ben / Leia / Han resulted in when combined with CLS. I've given up being cheesed about it. I thought it was excessive adding in an OP R2 to a game that already was run by Chaze / Rex / GK teams with a DN sprinkled in. Since that time the game has just tripled down on the LS focus with CLS, ANH reworks, and TBs. At least it's good to play with the classic SW LS rebels rather than 2nd / 3rd tier characters like Wiggs and Chaze.
  • Yep. The sad neglect of the DS.
  • I hear you OP, as a DS focused chap who spends money it does seem like they purposely have been going out of their way to diminish my enjoyment. But to be honest there's only a couple of mistake in here that messed things up. Imagine is Chaze wasn't a thing. DS has some decent tanks and tanky attackers that could occupy those spots. Imagine if there wasn't a toon that punishes you for being faster and stronger than your opponent (Rex). The problem is they kind of bridged eras in the game history so it felt like just as one was dying off the next cropped up then they tag teamed each other ever since.

Without a few borked LS toons, it would feel quite proper to driving on the light side of the wormhole right now.

Either way... I've got a great guild and shard and so still enjoy it but a huge swathe of my 2.46m GP squad is dusty an dark.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • I hear you OP, as a DS focused chap who spends money it does seem like they purposely have been going out of their way to diminish my enjoyment. But to be honest there's only a couple of mistake in here that messed things up. Imagine is Chaze wasn't a thing. DS has some decent tanks and tanky attackers that could occupy those spots. Imagine if there wasn't a toon that punishes you for being faster and stronger than your opponent (Rex). The problem is they kind of bridged eras in the game history so it felt like just as one was dying off the next cropped up then they tag teamed each other ever since.

Without a few borked LS toons, it would feel quite proper to driving on the light side of the wormhole right now.

Either way... I've got a great guild and shard and so still enjoy it but a huge swathe of my 2.46m GP squad is dusty an dark.

There is even differences in LS an with an under geared Rebel (G 8) team I can complete 6/6 battles on the first territory in TB with jawas 2 G 11 and 2 G 9 and +1 I can hardly get 5/6.

• Migux7 wrote: »
    I hear you OP, as a DS focused chap who spends money it does seem like they purposely have been going out of their way to diminish my enjoyment. But to be honest there's only a couple of mistake in here that messed things up. Imagine is Chaze wasn't a thing. DS has some decent tanks and tanky attackers that could occupy those spots. Imagine if there wasn't a toon that punishes you for being faster and stronger than your opponent (Rex). The problem is they kind of bridged eras in the game history so it felt like just as one was dying off the next cropped up then they tag teamed each other ever since.

There is even differences in LS an with an under geared Rebel (G 8) team I can complete 6/6 battles on the first territory in TB with jawas 2 G 11 and 2 G 9 and +1 I can hardly get 5/6.

Certain rebel chars have bonus stats/abilities related to TB
  • Yes, I agree with you. You should have spent more time on your group project.
  • It's never ending. It's just made me close my wallet finally. It stayed open for a bit cause I kept holding out after the most drastic lightside favoring addition... "ok NOW we will get some DS balance"... NOPE! It's never ending and I don't see it changing. They would have to add 5-10 new DS toons just to make up for the astonishingly one sided focus.
  • As a DS user I have to agree 100%. I still run a Zmaul team in arena because I like those characters more than whiny Rebels. Could go for a Jedi team since I like them too but I think Sith is better if you don't have QGJ levelled. I just hope Darth Bane and Sith Anakin will be released and turn the tide for Sith. A DS TB would solve many of these problems because that will mean they release some new DS characters as well.
  • Joost wrote: »
    As a DS user I have to agree 100%. I still run a Zmaul team in arena because I like those characters more than whiny Rebels. Could go for a Jedi team since I like them too but I think Sith is better if you don't have QGJ levelled. I just hope Darth Bane and Sith Anakin will be released and turn the tide for Sith. A DS TB would solve many of these problems because that will mean they release some new DS characters as well.

I just hope if they actually come as a legendary event or raid, i will actually need my DS toons to unlock them.
  • Migux7 wrote: »
    Joost wrote: »
    As a DS user I have to agree 100%. I still run a Zmaul team in arena because I like those characters more than whiny Rebels. Could go for a Jedi team since I like them too but I think Sith is better if you don't have QGJ levelled. I just hope Darth Bane and Sith Anakin will be released and turn the tide for Sith. A DS TB would solve many of these problems because that will mean they release some new DS characters as well.

I just hope if they actually come as a legendary event or raid, i will actually need my DS toons to unlock them.

Lightside is required to unlock 66% of every legendary character. 4 out of 6 being specifically lightside characters themselves. The bias is as plain as the nose on your face.
  • They need to do Dath Revan!...he should be the next Legendary toon
  • Yotd1076 wrote: »
    They need to do Dath Revan!...he should be the next Legendary toon

And not an **** LS/DS mix. DARTH... REVAN