Now that the shard shop is revamped...

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

So did fleet store

His comment probably stems from the fact that most people probably didn't buy gear from the fleet store. It's easier (for longer term players) to get shard shop currency rather than fleet.

Been level 85 for a long time and it was much easier to get in fleet store. I had 1200+ credits coming in daily. Farming other teams doesnt allow me to farm shards for shard shop

This discussion has already been had to death. Most players with 70+ 7* characters don't have to actively farm shards at all. You get "free" shard shop currency from raids, events, GW, bronzium, etc.

Many also prefer to spend fleet currency on zetas, since that is the only place you can get those.

And enough spend them on gear that the conversation has been "had to death". I get maybe 3 shards a day at very most from bronzium and have other toons to promote with my GW currency. Only toons we get shards for from raids are gk (don't have him) and solo (have'nt maxed him yet). Theres also very few events that come around that give us shards. If you don't use your fleet currency for gear then fine, but what's the point of removing gear for those that do? It serves literally no purpose. I'd also be willing to bet the VAST majority of accounts do not have 70+ 7* toons. I have 45 with maybe 10 more I have the shards for but don't want to drop the credits. Been playing for at least a year and a half. So again, what is the point of removing gear from fleet store?

@Shenanigans052
    Well, who knows what have you been farming then, because I started playing at the beginning of July last year and have already 70 toons at 7* farmed most of light side toons from all shops and I place badly on ships arena, so for me it's a great improvement, not only I can focus now on ships and zetas, I can as well farm cuffs, guns and those purple radiators that every toon asks for at G-XI so glad of the change.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    can we stay on topic?
    I'd really like an awnser to the OP's question. There are other threads to debate whether or not the new shardsshop/fleetstore is awesome/sucks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    can we stay on topic?
    I'd really like an awnser to the OP's question. There are other threads to debate whether or not the new shardsshop/fleetstore is awesome/sucks.

Yes please. Let's stay on topic.

• Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon It's next week now. Any updates on this?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Next week = after Sunday , this Sunday the 1st of October.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

CG_RyDiggs
    220 POSTS SWGOH DEV TEAM › ADMIN September 22, 2017 10:54PM
  • Options

CG_RyDiggs
    220 POSTS SWGOH DEV TEAM › ADMIN September 22, 2017 10:54PM

Foot in mouth and eating words. Hit me with the black and white.

1000 apologies
  • Options
    can we stay on topic?

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I’m really wanting an answer on this as well
  • Options
    It really is time for a state of the galaxy address. This is a complete shambles. @CG_TopHat has the release cadence been changed?
    If so, this is a major change the community should be informed about, if not it's easy to clear this up.
  • Options
    I didn't realise so many people used the shard shop for new characters. To me, it always seemed like an overpriced method ahead of them moving on to a more reasonable method of farming.
  • Options
    ywjbHvs.gif
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    AdiSecura wrote: »
    I didn't realise so many people used the shard shop for new characters. To me, it always seemed like an overpriced method ahead of them moving on to a more reasonable method of farming.

If the option is yet another 16 energy cantina node or a single hard node or fleet currency (where I would rather farm zeta's) then shard shop for new characters seems like a good deal to me.
    Post edited by DarthScott on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah, bad feeling too. Instead of marquee to shard to shipments to node/shop, it might just be marquee to shipments to node/shop now.... With a longer stint in shipments.

I'm hoping that instead of shard, these characters go into fleet instead.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Yeah, bad feeling too. Instead of marquee to shard to shipments to node/shop, it might just be marquee to shipments to node/shop now.... With a longer stint in shipments.

I'm hoping that instead of shard, these characters go into fleet instead.

When characters went into the shard shop, they also went into nodes/shops at the same time. It wasn't an extra step.
  • DaFunk
    72 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What would be awesome would be that CG has a morning meeting every day and has one person on the team that is dedicated to trawling the forums and Reddit for feedback from the community.

Hell you could even dial into a superuser that you know who isn't paid by CG and I'm sure there would be plenty that would put their hands up to help who could be on loudspeaker that updates the team at CG what is going on from the users because lets face it, we test your game and give the best negative feedback.

That way everyone is on the same page and you all understand the issues that we face in the game and get feedback on the things that are great.
  • Options
    AdiSecura wrote: »

Shard shop is where I was able to farm toons like dn. Without it I wouldn't still be playing. He is a must have toon and farming him to 7* from one hard node would not be viable for non whales.

I am seriously concerned for game when new toons are only gonna be one hard node from now on it seems. I know I won't be able to keep up with the game
  • Options
    Still no answer?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Why no answer?

I've been waiting on a Dev post for days, and it's not even my thread.
    I'm usually extremely patient, but this is too long a wait. This wait is making me think it wasn't thought through at all.

I hope this is not the case, and that you are all just busy bringing us more amazing content.

Thank you for your previous reply @CG_RyDiggs .

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    Personally, I love gear in the shard shop. I just wanted to know if any of the cadence characters are coming there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Personally, I love gear in the shard shop. I just wanted to know if any of the cadence characters are coming there.

ditto
  • Options
    I really don't understand why the characters had to be taken out? Is there just not enough room in the game for all those shards plus the new gear? What's the deal?
  • CG_RyDiggs
    536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited September 2017
    Options
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie."

I'm still getting the reply and intention for response to this :)
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie."

I'm still getting the reply and intention for response to this :)

Thank you sir!!!!
  • Options
    Is fleet currency the only shop that has Vader Shards now? Not that I've had any pop up during any of my refreshes of the new Shop...
  • Options
    No more Vader shards
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yes, not that he appeared much in Shard shop but he is no longer there.

Edit: I swear I saw him recently but I could be wrong so...
  • Options
    He's in fleet shop still yes, no longer in shard shop
  • Options
    Man I must of pulled 80 Vader shards out of the shard shop back in the day
  • Options
    Same here. No vader shards in fleet store since the update...
This discussion has been closed.