Now that the shard shop is revamped...

13Next

Replies

• PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The problem here is that if they say yes, people will start saving up **** currency to take advantage of whatever toon they want going in. Which is what as been done in the past.

If they just keep silent they can wittle down some saved currency on the gear in there.

Edit - S... S... is a restricted word? Kinda would like to just s... s... currency, can you please let us be lazy?
    Post edited by PremierVenoth on
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    The problem here is that if they say yes, people will start saving up **** currency to take advantage of whatever toon they want going in. Which is what as been done in the past.

If they just keep silent they can wittle down some saved currency on the gear in there.

The issue is that people actually do the opposite. That is, people generally hoard resources when the future is uncertain and spend when they have a clear idea of what is happening and when.

The poor communication about upcoming characters, events, and the character/star level needs for those events is why most players almost always hoard as a default. F2P players almost have to, simply to give themselves the flexibility to react to sudden, last minute changes, unannounced releases, or unexpected viability of certain characters due to a rework or zeta.

I agree, hoarding resources has always been done in the past. But unless CG/EA start to be more forthcoming about upcoming character releases and events (and the requirements), hoarding will never go away.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie."

I'm still getting the reply and intention for response to this :)

And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon

Some clarity on this please
  • Options
    I would also like an answer to this as I've been sitting on shard shop currency waiting for the ewoks.
  • Options
    It’s been over a week. Any chance we can get an answer?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Aye, "next week" was last week, which has come and gone... c'mon, man.
  • Options
    Seems too long for good news. All signs point to no
  • Options
    Beuller.....Beuller......
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Shard Shop and Character Rotations

Hiya! Apologies for the wait, but I finally got messaging from @CG_TopHat to sling your way. Appreciate your patience. Also @pac0naut, if you don't mind, I'll update your first post with this response for easy reference.

We’ve been seeing questions about whether characters, as they move through the character release cadence, would be making an appearance in the Shard Shop given the recent changes. The Shard Shop’s intention, at the moment, is to be a place where players can use their excess shards to obtain gear, NOT characters (except for Grievous). Moving forward, characters released through the Marquee event structure will not be passing through the Shard Shop at any step.

If we decide to make any changes to the character release cadence and the Shard Shop, we’ll let you know.

For all you new(ish) players, edited this post to include a link to TopHat's Character Release Cadence post <<HERE>>. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

Hiya! Apologies for the wait, but I finally got messaging from @CG_TopHat to sling your way. Appreciate your patience. Also @pac0naut, if you don't mind, I'll update your first post with this response for easy reference.

We’ve been seeing questions about whether characters, as they move through the character release cadence, would be making an appearance in the Shard Shop given the recent changes. The Shard Shop’s intention, at the moment, is to be a place where players can use their excess shards to obtain gear, NOT characters (except for Grievous). Moving forward, characters released through the Marquee event structure will not be passing through the Shard Shop at any step.

If we decide to make any changes to the character release cadence and the Shard Shop, we’ll let you know.

Although this is disappointing news, thanks for the update.

I, for one, really liked getting the character shards in the shard shop as opposed to farming endless hard node / cantina farms.
  • Options

Thanks, @CG_Kozispoon. This is a great change. It was hard to justify purchasing packs when waiting a few weeks would allow the purchase of an equivalent amount of shards, instantly, for free. Now that there's no choice involved, I don't have to go through that uncomfortable justification period, and can just go straight to the credit card.
  • Options

Thank you, but please note we had to ask many times over the last few weeks about what was happening to marquee characters before getting a response. Seems like it should have been mentioned when the shard shop changed as we were still going off the February cadence post and that Fulcrum was in the shard shop very recently as well.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

Thank you, but please note we had to ask many times over the last few weeks about what was happening to marquee characters before getting a response. Seems like it should have been mentioned when the shard shop changed as we were still going off the February cadence post and that Fulcrum was in the shard shop very recently as well.

To be fair, they did mention they were removing all non-Grievous shards from that store. We just wanted clarification so we could be sure. Now we have it.
  • FinnSLoth
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I typically don't complain about much - but this one touched a nerve with me.

It is not that they have changed Shard Shop to no longer include characters - it is the fact that I literally could have 7* FAT but was banking the Shard Shop currency for future characters.
    A little heads-up would have gone a long ways here. I have always been somewhat of a defender of EA/CG, but seriously... all the complaints and gripes about poor communication here x1000 :(

Edited- didnt realize S...S was censored, so changed to Shard Shop
  • Options
    Thank you for the update
  • Options
    Thank you @CG_Kozispoon!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    And like always my comment from a point of view from a Player in Japan. My dissatisfaction of withhelding the marquee event packs from Japan has been made several times, and with this step you make it even harder for players in Japan to keep up with the rest of the world. Very disappointing.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Shard shop revision ? It needs to be revised again gear rotation is non existent. Also the gear we get from daily challenges has been the exact same. I have thousands in some gear but others 1 peice. It’s like never getting Boardwalk in Monopoly.
  • Options
    So now there is effectively no way for non-whales to get new toons that go to hard nodes only to 7* in the year of their release.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    If the Shard Shop is meant for gear then why is Grievous still in there? Could you give him the boot and replace his spot with something that drops cuffs, guns, holos and cabs only? Banish him to fleet where he now belongs.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
This discussion has been closed.