Outragous strategy in Arena [Closed]

maxpayne99
24 posts Member
edited October 2017
Hi, I was wondering if it's worth it to report an abuse in my arena shard. To make it simple, I have been spamed by the same player for the last two weeks. Litteraly, he waits until I'm over him and on cooldown to attack me (without me batteling him before). I can't progress in arena because of him and I've had enought of this going on. The guy is called "lee" and is in the "Ü 30 Gilde".
Post edited by maxpayne99 on

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There's no point in reporting it since it's not breaking any rules.
  • Options
    Nothing can be done about it unfortunately.
  • Options
    That strategy is called: The Arena. That is the way the game is designed and played. I'm sure the reason he is doing it is that he had a buddy above you in the rankings that he is trying to block for. the devs make money off of refreshes and want it that way.

My advice would be:
    (1) move to the spot directly above him (so that he has to burn a battle to bump you one spot), and then try to move up out of his reach. If he bumps you back 1 spot, move up max spots from there, wait for him to bump you, and then jump over him again. In a couple of battles, he won't be able to bump you back because he will be too high for it to matter.

(2) Get a better team. I really don't mean this in a mean or derogatory way, but the best offense is a good defense. The arena is rock paper scissors, and there is probably some team combination that is harder for him to beat than what you are using. If he isn't using Nihilius, You might try GK lead with Zeta Barris if that is an option, as it is much harder to beat that without using Nihilius or something similar.
  • Options
    Welcome to why arena is the most boring part of the game.
  • Options
    maxpayne99 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if it's worth it to report an abuse in my arena shard. To make it simple, I have been spamed by the same player for the last two weeks. Litteraly, he waits until I'm over him and on cooldown to attack me (without me batteling him before). I can't progress in arena because of him and I've had enought of this going on. The guy is called "lee" and is in the "Ü 30 Gilde".

There are so many horror stories about arena. See if there is a chat for your arena shard or trying reaching out to the person that keeps battling you.
    On the ea/CG side nothing they can do/nothing they will do about it.
    Also more info- what is your ranking?
  • Options
    Around rank 25, using FO team (all zeta and gear xii exept stormtrooper)
  • Options
    Maybe that’s why Tbh FO is pretty easy to beat and I would chose to fight that over other teams. What you can do against him is just snipe him there’s really nothing else you can do other than avoid or let yourself
  • Options
    No rules being broken. You're just facing a very annoying player. We've got 2-3 of those on our shard as well I can't figure out. They'll spend 300-400 crystals just to mess with you when they're hours and hours away from their payouts. I don't know the rhyme or reason. It's annoying but they're not doing anything wrong. In fact, from the game's point of view they're probably more desirable than you are because of the money they spend to be rude.
  • Options
    Find your shard chat - it exists. Coordinate with everyone else.
  • Options
    Great advice people all done
  • Options
    Well done
  • Options
    I drop down to 30s over night, but climb back up to top 10, sometimes top 5. Because I'm the only one, or one of a very few on my pay out I should get no problems. But like you, as soon as I'm climbing, I sometimes get knocked down again unless I use 50 crystals to quickly take a second go to "move me along" enough so as to no longer be a target for that person.

Like you and most people, I don't mind being knocked down, and I have no interest in staying at the top, I have better things to use my crystals on. All I wish was that people were a little less selfish about the spot they are in (it's not their spot, but they think it is) and just let it go for other people's pay outs.

In fact I'd love to take those guys out for a drink and chat to them to understand why they have such fragile egos at wanting to hold top spot on a game. But I've invited a few from my shard out for a drink, none have responded, which is a shame. I genuinely don't mind them being top, good luck to them, and well done for spending lots of money being really good at the game and showing how alpha you are.

They need to release a mode where you have to work WITH your shard to get better rewards - that will get rid of collusion.
  • Options
    Best bet is finding or starting your own shard chat. Helps everyone get to know each others payout times, so people aren't hit just before cashing out.
  • Options
    Prinz wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    I drop down to 30s over night, but climb back up to top 10, sometimes top 5. Because I'm the only one, or one of a very few on my pay out I should get no problems. But like you, as soon as I'm climbing, I sometimes get knocked down again unless I use 50 crystals to quickly take a second go to "move me along" enough so as to no longer be a target for that person.

Like you and most people, I don't mind being knocked down, and I have no interest in staying at the top, I have better things to use my crystals on. All I wish was that people were a little less selfish about the spot they are in (it's not their spot, but they think it is) and just let it go for other people's pay outs.

In fact I'd love to take those guys out for a drink and chat to them to understand why they have such fragile egos at wanting to hold top spot on a game. But I've invited a few from my shard out for a drink, none have responded, which is a shame. I genuinely don't mind them being top, good luck to them, and well done for spending lots of money being really good at the game and showing how alpha you are.

They need to release a mode where you have to work WITH your shard to get better rewards - that will get rid of collusion.

I don't need to sit at number 1 all day. I don't mind people moving past me, I don't mind people moving me down in the hour before my payout. The problem comes when people drop you to 8th with less than 15 minutes to go to my payout. That forces me to use a refresh to have a chance at top spot. That is why people collude and work together. And that is why you ended up in 8th today.

We don't spend hundreds of crystals every day to stay at the top, what would be the point? We simply work together to use our battles at the best times so that each member of the group can get the most crystals possible (at the expense of others, yes, but hey ho)

Feel free to take 2nd any day, but I like my 500 crystal payout and will fight, with a little help from my friends, to keep it. Maybe it is OCD but finishing 1st everyday makes a nice straight line on swgoh.gg :smiley:

Next time your'e in Newcastle hit me up, you can buy me a beer with all the money you save not buying crystals ;)

P.S. A mode where you have to work WITH your shard, isn't that the definition of collusion?

Hey - I'd love to buy you a pint - love Geordies - great bunch of guys (I have quite a few friends there) :) As long as it's not Carling - I'll buy you as many as you want! :smiley:

I wasn't having a pop at you (or anyone else one our shard for that matter), and after this post I realise now that you have the same payout as me. To be honest you deserve the #1 spot more than me, you have a better team.

I don't mind being pipped to the post if you're on the same pay out - not at all, that is a fair duel - and I frankly don't care enough about trying to be #1 (though I was happy to have reached it). I do find it irritating being knocked down when people's payouts have been and gone, or not for another several hours, that's my point. :)

I just wouldn't mind being part of the shard chat so I can work with you guys and share as and when we can. To be honest a top 5 finish would be fine for me. I don't care about being #1 - I don't care about being dropped down.

I started off trying to find my shard mates on here, just to find out their payouts so that I didn't bother them - then some people from my shard started to send me abusive messages which I don't get??

Fortunately, a few others on our shard got in touch and we know when one another's payouts are, and we try and avoid one another when we can - and we chat and have a laugh,.

That's all I want to do - is chat with the shard and a) not annoy people b) work out when people's payouts are so that I can leave them alone when I'm trying to climb in time for mine. In the nigh on 40 years of my life and in business, and all walks of life, all I'm interested in is working with people, understanding what their priorities are and seeing if a) there can be a compromise b) a mutual understanding/respect.

• Options
    Rankings based on pvp wins and win ties broken up by who did the most damage such as the programming that already exists to see Raid damage. That's how they can make Arena great again and players cannot be bozos to each other. If people want first, they spend the crystal for it. That is an actual arena! What we have instead is a mafia cartel ran by some whales who minnows flock to like tiny Tim asking "please sir, can I have some more?" They get the majority of all the crystal and tiny tim gets whatever the leftovers are for bending the knee. Can't stand that settup.