Question: minimum squad needed for Phase 2, Rogue One Special Mission

The title says it all. What's the worst squad that anyone has used to get through all 3 rounds?

My own Rogue One squad is probably my worst synergy team by far, and is seriously wanting:
  • 85 Jyn (VII)
  • 70 K2SO (VIII)
  • 50 Cassian (V)
  • 51 Chirrut (6 star)(VII)
  • 53 Baze (5 star)(VII)
  • Unused:
  • 50 Bodhi (V)
  • 50 Pao (III)
  • 50 Bistan (III)
  • 1 Pathfinder (4-star)
Needless to say, I wasn't even that close to beating round 1. I just want to know how much gear to invest in this team to be viable in 1-2 weeks.

I'd also be interested to see what everyone's weakest teams are for other battles. It's relatively easy to blast through the first few days with my top 3-4 light side teams. I'd like to use less ideal teams, in order to contribute more to platoons, but I also don't want to get to round 5 and realize that a team isn't going going to make it (no retreat ftl). Hence, the request for more info here.

Also, do others want to start threads for each Combat Mission, charting out the worst teams to win through? (Lowest power, least stars, lowest gear, worst mods, no synergy, etc.) We already know that any gear IX combo of CLS Wiggs Lando Han Leia Ackbar R2 [insert 2 warm bodies] will blast through any early phase. I'm hoping to learn about weird off-set, low-power combos.

Cheers!

Replies

• I used g12 chaze, arena mods
    G8 Jyn, meh mods
    Lv 55 g7 Bistan & Cassian, virtually no mods

Made it to round three and all the assists and stuns wrecked me.
  • Synric wrote: »
    I used g12 chaze, arena mods
    G8 Jyn, meh mods
    Lv 55 g7 Bistan & Cassian, virtually no mods

Made it to round three and all the assists and stuns wrecked me.

That's... discouraging/alarming. Do you get the sense that you can beat it next week if you get Bistan & Cassian up to the 80s, g8, junk mods?
  • I started similar thread for HR Soldier & Rebels in phase 2.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134817/hr-soldier-rebel-teams-for-phase-2/p1?new=1
    (Haven't tried the R1 special yet.)
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Oy. The Phoenix Special Mission in Phase 1 was set for Phase 1 settings.
    Unfortunately, Rogue One Special Mission for Phase 2 must have been set for Phase 5 or 6.

Granted, I had a feeling I wasn't going to win, as my 5 Rogue One team isn't as powerful. Average 5*, Gear 7, and Level 68. for the record, I used: Jyn (L), Chirrut, K2SO, Bodhi, and Scarif Pathfinder.

But the first encounter I was up against were Level 80. Even in Phase 1 Combat, Level 80s show up on Encounter 5.

Needless to say, I got wiped out in the first encounter.

My stormtrooper shin guard that was set for 3* difficulty.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • All of the combat missions in phase two seemed to be harder than last time.

Anyways, on topic: I thought my g8 Chirrut, Jyn and Bistan could carry my SRP and whatever other character I used through at least the first two waves.

I was wrong.
  • RNG, I breezed through 2 waves with a 4* Jyn lvl 65 G5, 4* baze lvl 75 G9, 6* cassian lvl 65 G7, 7* K2 gG8 lvl 70 and 7* chirrut G10 lvl 85.

Third wave wiped me out without a shot.
  • Three waves complete with G8 jyn, cassian, chirrut, baze, k2. No zetas
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Did it with
    Jyn, Bistan, Cassian, K2SO, Chirrut. All G8, 7*, omegas on Jyn & Bistan, no zeta, decent mods.
    Battle wasn't hard, but wasn't stroll in park. (Didn't lose any characters, had most of my protection still.)
    [Edit: All non-omega abilities at 7. Level 80 for Jyn, Bistan, Level 72 or so for the rest. Level is least important stat, but throw it in there for completeness.]
    [Edit2: Strategy.
    Spam debuffs and exposes with Cassian, then gather them up. Use Jyn and Bistan to strip turn meter/stun. K2 Stun. Just as in Rancor raid, try to have Jyn strip turn meter from somebody almost full meter.]
    Post edited by stohelit on
  • 7☆ gear 11 jyn, chaze. Let them carry whatever 2 others. I used bistan g7, 7☆ and Srp g4, 5☆. Chirrut grants tenacity up to negate the robot target lock and bombardment, Base fires off dispel when they cast protection up. Jyn brings back the dead as needed, and stunlocks/remove tm whenever ability is up. There is a little strategy involved too. Try to strip protection from everybody so they won't taunt when you target Snow commander/spec ops. Made it through with everyone, jyn reviving 4 times. She can revive even if the toon died in a previous round.
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    7☆ gear 11 jyn, chaze. Let them carry whatever 2 others. I used bistan g7, 7☆ and Srp g4, 5☆.. Jyn brings back the dead as needed, and stunlocks/remove tm whenever ability is up. There is a little strategy involved too. Made it through with everyone, jyn reviving 4 times. She can revive even if the toon died in a previous round.

So part of this strategy is have a weak Scarif, let him die to give speed up, then revive and repeat. Cute.