Platoon Mission Duplicates

The developers said they made it so that platoon missions won’t have as many duplicate characters starting this TB. My guild has SEVEN Biggs Darklighters needed for the ion cannon mission and three more for the overlook. TEN Biggs total. Did CG even fix the platoons like they said? Are any other guilds experiencing this?

Replies

• It would be nice to need this few!
  • We needed 17 Biggs. Had 3-4 others that we needed 10+ for.

Expect a move to proper subforum
  • The developers said they made it so that platoon missions won’t have as many duplicate characters starting this TB. My guild has SEVEN Biggs Darklighters needed for the ion cannon mission and three more for the overlook. TEN Biggs total. Did CG even fix the platoons like they said? Are any other guilds experiencing this?

same here , 10 wedge , 10 hanst and 10 biggs
  • I was wondering that as well

Seems like more hot air from the devs while claiming they are listening
  • Hakalugy
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    We needed 11 Wedge and 10 Biggs North and South combined.
  • Hakalugy wrote: »
    We needed 11 Wedge and 10 Biggs North and South combined.

At least you dont need Wedge after giving up Biggs
  • They never said there wouldnt be duplicate charcters just not whole duplicate platoons
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The duplication issue they supposedly fixed was the one where the identical platoon kept getting repeated over and over.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    naked-gun-face-palm-head-slap-doh-1360196138K.gif?id=
  • Moving to TB Sub-forum
  • I'm not really sure what the answer is here. At least they aren't requiring R1 and PHX toons in the platoon when you also need R1 and PHX for special missions.
  • Liath wrote: »
    The duplication issue they supposedly fixed was the one where the identical platoon kept getting repeated over and over.

We had several identical duplicated platoons today, so there's that. They were shuffled on the screen though.

2x Lobot, STH, Biggs, Wedge, 2x Leiah, Lando, 2x Hera, 3x Chopper, 2x Ezra. Equal for 6 platoons across both territories.
  • Seems to be MOSTLY WAI now... the one thing that I still see happening is 3 or more of the same toon appearing in the SAME SQUAD for a single platoon. Our North Squad3 required 3 STHans. Our South squad 5 required 3 Zebs. I think 15 was the most we saw of any single toon through both territory's platoons which is a huge and appreciated change from the 26 last TB.
    @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_Carrie - is this behavior (3 of the same toon in one platoon squad) normal and should be expected going forward, or still a bug?
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Seems to be MOSTLY WAI now... the one thing that I still see happening is 3 or more of the same toon appearing in the SAME SQUAD for a single platoon. Our North Squad3 required 3 STHans. Our South squad 5 required 3 Zebs. I think 15 was the most we saw of any single toon through both territory's platoons which is a huge and appreciated change from the 26 last TB.
    @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_Carrie - is this behavior (3 of the same toon in one platoon squad) normal and should be expected going forward, or still a bug?

Heya @Muaddib

Yes, you should see reduced numbers of required units. There will still be duplicates, because a full guild of 50 is expected to accommodate. However, significantly less duplicates OR conflicting requirements than you saw in TB2.

This is as designed :)

Cheers!

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    They never said there wouldnt be duplicate charcters just not whole duplicate platoons

This is correct. There will be duplicates, just not entire platoon requirements duplicated :)
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Seems to be MOSTLY WAI now... the one thing that I still see happening is 3 or more of the same toon appearing in the SAME SQUAD for a single platoon. Our North Squad3 required 3 STHans. Our South squad 5 required 3 Zebs. I think 15 was the most we saw of any single toon through both territory's platoons which is a huge and appreciated change from the 26 last TB.

Heya @Muaddib

Yes, you should see reduced numbers of required units. There will still be duplicates, because a full guild of 50 is expected to accommodate. However, significantly less duplicates OR conflicting requirements than you saw in TB2.

Cheers!

Still, my thread on this:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134780/platoon-fixes#latest

I think the formula still needs looked at. The % chance to pull rebels needs to be adjusted since each phase now has 6-9 rebels that it can't pull from.

@CG_RyDiggs

Heya @Muaddib

Cheers!

Hi @CG_RyDiggs and thank you for responding! Not exactly my question though... Am specifically wondering if seeing 3 (or more) of ONE toon/ship in a platoon squad is WAI? Like my example of seeing STHan and Zeb 3x each in 1 squad.
    Otherwise yes, the changes you made to platoons are great and much appreciated!

Hi @CG_RyDiggs and thank you for responding! Not exactly my question though... Am specifically wondering if seeing 3 (or more) of ONE toon/ship in a platoon squad is WAI? Like my example of seeing STHan and Zeb 3x each in 1 squad.

Sorry, I got wordy:

Yes. You can see duplicates of 3 or more of a single toon in a Platoon mission requirement.
    WAI.

Cheers!

Sorry, I got wordy:

Yes. You can see duplicates of 3 or more of a single toon in a Platoon mission requirement.
    WAI.

Cheers!

Thank you for letting us know! Have to say I'm a bit disappointed in that though. But I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes.

Thank you for letting us know! Have to say I'm a bit disappointed in that though. But I suppose we'll just have to see how it goes.

We never want to disappoint, but there is definitely still room for optimization.

We're still watching data and seeing how you all manage this feature. I'll rarely say this is our last change ;)

Keep the feedback coming

RT
  • I have to say I'm rather disappointed in the level of duplication we're still seeing as well. I'd really like to see more variety. Requiring 10-15 of one single character, yet only requiring 1 of others (or none!) is disheartening.

Mostly I'm just wondering: why the incredible imbalance for some characters? Out of the 43 characters in this phase's pool, 32.5% (14) needed five or more of each. :( The vast majority of our characters that were needed for Combat Missions were being required in the platoons... I know it's supposed to be random, but why do we need 12 Zebs, 11 Sabines, 10 Biggs, Wedges, and Farmboy Lukes, but only 1 (ONE!) Clone Wars Chewie, Eeth Koth, Jawa, Jedi Consular, Old Ben, Qui-Gon Jinn, Resistance Pilot, and Ugnaught?

We're also having a bit of an issue when the characters that are being requested in huge numbers are also characters that are required for combat missions. Phase 2 Ion Cannon area special combat mission with Hoth Rebel Soilder AND Rebels, but only Hoth Rebel Soilder is being counted as the exempt character, even though most of the rebels required for his squad to be complete are the same rebels we're being required dozens of for both upper and lower platoon squads.

Let's take Phase 2 for an example:

There's 90 characters needed for each area's platoon mission (Ion Cannon mission and Overlook mission). There's appx 72 light side characters to pick from to fill those slots. 10 are "unavailable" due to special combat missions (Rogue One and Hoth Rebel Soilder). That leaves, say 60 light side characters to choose from (rounding off for simplicity sake).

So: 180 platoon slots divided by 60 characters = 3 of any given available character.

Given that, there *should* be an average of 3 instances of a specific character being needed to fill both Phase 2's upper and lower platoon squads, we should not be surprised to see some characters being required 5 times, and some bring required once, but an average of 3. Not 12. Not 11. Not even 10. But three...

Even when we get to later phases that have three areas, the platoon squad numbers remain the same since the third area is exclusively ships. We should honestly never see more than 5 or 6 being needed of any single character I feel, or am I just missing something...?
  • We have one platoon that needs 4 Lobots, plus the Coruscant Police.
  • @DarthBarbie

Your feedback is taken for sure. Having varied random challenges is a part of the design and future TBs may shift more.

We did add the new 'reward nodes' for many territories, which increases the available Territory Points available.

I'm not saying it's finished, but we are reading and watching the success and feedback of guilds for sure.

Thanks for the complete and concise feedback!

RT
  • Thank you for listening to us!!! :D
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    DarthBarbie

Your feedback is taken for sure. Having varied random challenges is a part of the design and future TBs may shift more.

We did add the new 'reward nodes' for many territories, which increases the available Territory Points available.

I'm not saying it's finished, but we are reading and watching the success and feedback of guilds for sure.

Thanks for the complete and concise feedback!

RT

Ummm... Maybe I am missing something @CG_RyDiggs but the new reward nodes only give Guild event tokens (which is excellent) but no TP. The TP you get for deploying the squad to do that battle you would have gotten anyway for deployment. So the battle additions didn't add anymore gain-able TP's
  • Is anybody gathering statistics on the platoon requirements? If so, what stats are they gathering, and do they want to gather from bunch of guilds?

Just looking at our platoons it seemed unlikely that it is a uniform probability among available characters. DarthBarbie's comments seem to give similar results to ours. (Of course a random distribution will throw up unusual combinations, and those with unusual seeming combinations are more likely to comment so selection bias is an issue. Can't say what is usual without larger samples.)

Modeling the probability distribution could help in developing farming strategy.