Fleet Store 2.0 is a terrible dissapointment

Replies

• The developers are going to give us one or the other in the end. You can't make a profit selling crystals for gear if everyone is capable of farming all of the gear they need from both Shard Shop and Fleet Shipments.

It doesn't make sense for them to give us both. Anyone who wants to obtain gear any more quickly is going to have to purchase it. That is what they want and how you make a decent profit with this game.

I support the new shard shop because It's aimed more towards veteran players who have excess shards and currency from all areas of the game. We will all be vets eventually if we stick it out. No reason to make it more difficult for ourselves down the road.

You also have to think about the fact that people will have less shard shop currency for new releases. Which means people will likely purchase more character packs. It's all about money at the end of the day. This is a business we are talking about after all.
  • I see the swgoh apologistas are out in full force in this thread

Yeah this forum is pretty bad with those. Like the game employed a group of forum posters who try and justify every terrible update.

Yeah this forum is pretty bad with those. Like the game employed a group of forum posters who try and justify every terrible update.

I wish I got paid to see reason. Would be like being paid to breathe. Some people are destined to wallow about in ignorance.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I see the swgoh apologistas are out in full force in this thread

I wish I got paid to see reason. Would be like being paid to breathe. Some people are destined to wallow about in ignorance.

Great comeback. Very proud of you.

You didn't get your big fat check from EA yet? I got mine and bought a couple Teslas this afternoon. It's the weekend, will probably get here Monday.

If it's so terrible, why bother? Are you masochist, and so play a terrible game to bring yourself fulfillment none of us understand?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

I get suspended for great comebacks. This was just a response to your speculations ;)
  • I'd like to know where this "reason" you speak of exists. The more difficult farming becomes in this game, the happier you get? Yeah that sounds like the epitome of reason alright? Every update that has been put out that is disappointing to others, there is ALWAYS someone saying it's a change for the veterans so it's great. First of all, no other game has ever catered to the minority of their player base so it's unreasonable to think this game is suddenly some godsend to their veteran players. You wouldn't be getting paid for reason. You would be getting paid for exactly what you're doing. That is being unreasonable deliberately.
  • I agree. It is pretty worthless. Nothing but gear that everyone has 1000 plus of over and over again
  • I agree. It is pretty worthless. Nothing but gear that everyone has 1000 plus of over and over again

Ummmm....there is no gear in the fleet store. That's kinda the entire point of this thread there, Sparky. Try to keep up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

I get suspended for great comebacks. This was just a response to your speculations ;)

Oh please...
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Lol. Since you're new, I either assume you're not talking to me, or, if you are that you simply don't read much on the forums. I'll save you some time: many of the people "defending" the new shop structure are normally those chastising CG/EA for one thing or another.

Nice try though.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I will say that I'm happy fotp is in fleet now.
  • I definitely like the changes to the shard shop, though three of the most needed pieces sharing a single slot is kind annoying. I definitely do not like the changes to the fleet store. I liked the regularity of cuffs and guns in there.
  • I agree with you completely. It was the best store for me to get stun guns, cuffs, and others. I have all the characters from fleet store. Now i just end up with a bunch of useless fleet tokens because there is never anything for me to purchase in that store except zeta. The challenge provides enough zeta but stun guns and cuffs are the worst to farm.

To get those Shards for the Shard Store, it's like you're now going to have to convert fleet tokens into shards by purchasing characters you already have and then using those converted fleet tokens to purchase gear from the shard store. It's an extra (and annoying) step - and I agree I far preferred using fleet tokens instead of having to do it this way. Some might ask why, as an individual argued earlier in the thread, you would want to use fleet tokens for anything except zeta. My response to that would be that if your character is not geared then a zeta does not matter. I am f2p (as opposed to p2w) and therefore many of my characters are not geared in order to be competitive in really any aspect of the game. Therefore, using fleet tokens for gear was very beneficial to me, as it allowed me to gear characters far more quickly than hoping for RNGesus to be on my side by farming from nodes in LS/DS battles... and it was obviously much more targeted to pick the gear I wanted from fleet store as opposed to simply praying that I got the right gear from raids (and frequently I don't, as I'm sure is the case for most of us).

TL;DR: I guess the reality now is that, if you want to get gear instead of zetas from fleet store, you just have to use your fleet tokens on characters you already have, convert them to shards, and then just go to the shard store and buy it from there. Extra step - and annoying - but do we lose enough in the conversion for this to be an issue?

• Some might ask why, as an individual argued earlier in the thread, you would want to use fleet tokens for anything except zeta. My response to that would be that if your character is not geared then a zeta does not matter.

Of course. But if you've been playing pretty much since Day 1 (as the OP has), then this shouldn't be an issue. Also, one of the arguments for the OP was he needed gear to justify the use of zetas. But he never used zetas in the first place. And now he's trying to gear up for Thrawn. OK, so am I. I missed him the first time around on purpose because I had other priorities. This whole game is about managing priorities. But for pete's sake, if Thrawn is your goal and you've been playing long enough to understand how you can't have it all at the same time, and you don't have your Phoenix squad ready by now - that's your fault, not the game's.

No one has any data about how often gear comes up in the new Shard Shop vs. the old way. The change is barely three days old but for some reason the people who don't like this change know that it's bad. Why? No evidence. Just their say-so.

I'm all for agreeing with the side of "It Stinks" if it could be backed up. In three days I've gotten what I consider a fair amount of gear (in number and in type) from the new Shard Shop. Others have not. So all we're going on is anecdotal evidence. Sorry, I need more than that to be convinced that this is a bad change.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Psa: Personal insults are not ways to have a conversation , please focus on the topic as this thread is open for discussion of another side to a change.

3 large threads open on this topic and left un merged as opinions on several items on these changes have people with positive and negative feelings but keep it civil and respectful.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Psa: Personal insults are not ways to have a conversation , please focus on the topic as this thread is open for discussion of another side to a change.

3 large threads open on this topic and left un merged as opinions on several items on these changes have people with positive and negative feelings but keep it civil and respectful.

I think poeple feel frustating that's why ....
    I didn' t have a single drop of cuff and stun since the release for example .... i play since 7 months now so the shard shop is not for me . So for those who are in my situation it's even more complicate juste to get to g9 .... and it's going now to g12 .... It's should be easier to get g9 i think , but it is just my opinion
  • Don't see many cuffs or funs dropping in the new shard shop, feels like the fleet shop had more cuffs/guns available. Could be rng though.
  • Carrion_Spike
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm happy to purchase more gear at a lower currency cost in the new shard shop, if giving up the occasional over-priced piece in the old fleet shop is the trade off.

what good is a lower currency cost if the item(s) you came to rely on obtaining 15-25 of weekly (that seemed to be about my average anyway wrt Stun Cuffs) shows up with far less frequency? I don't mind paying more (and it's not like the savings you speak of is overly substantial.)

I'm not totally heartbroken over it though as now I just buy Zetas but what this change has resulted in (and very likely by design) is me blowing Crystals in Shipments fast-tracking the salvage I need when before that wasn't something I did very much of -- because I had a rough expectation of how many pieces I could count on in a given week.

• I love the shop changes personally .. so far anyway
  • Love the shop hate that it needs shards currency coz I have very little and double drops of kylo are keeping me happy but stopped farming captain Han to do so
  • I'm still boggled by the fact that people found the fleet->gear exchange rate worthwhile. Meanwhile I'm taking advantage of FO double drops to get more shard shop currency. I find 1-3 things to buy every refresh, whereas I was never tempted to buy cuff or gun salvage in the fleet shop. I guess if you aren't max level yet or don't have many 7-star toons, I can understand you have fewer options now. Meh, it seems like a positive change to this long-time player.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh good, another thread complaining about cheaper and more easily obtainable gear.

Probably the same ones complaining about Zetas since they were not buying them

• skywhopper wrote: »
    I'm still boggled by the fact that people found the fleet->gear exchange rate worthwhile. Meanwhile I'm taking advantage of FO double drops to get more shard shop currency. I find 1-3 things to buy every refresh, whereas I was never tempted to buy cuff or gun salvage in the fleet shop. I guess if you aren't max level yet or don't have many 7-star toons, I can understand you have fewer options now. Meh, it seems like a positive change to this long-time player.

I agree many long time players benefited from this change, and those complaining about it now will learn to appreciate this change in the future. I have never bought gear from the fleet store because Zetas will always be needed. The only time I diverted from Zetas was to finish up the newer ships that show up in droves in TB platoons.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • I am a long time player. 2.4m gp. I bought a lot of gear from the fleet shop. Helped me and my guild finish haat in the early days. I consider the zeta cost to be too great. Yes I have fewer zetas than my guild mates, but I guess I was lucky in that I never zetad a ds toon, so I effectively caught up with a lot of them.

In any case, I think the new shard shop is good, and would not choose to revert to the previous system, but I wish gear was still in the fleet store as well. You still would have to choose between valuable shards, zetas, and gear. Don't think it would make gearing anywhere close to easy.
  • I lamping love the lamping new shard shop. Lamp, able to get decent gear and give those farms a little lamping turbo boost at times.
  • As a player with 600k GP and only 10 7* toons, shard shop doe little for me. Fleet allowed for a way for me to get toons to G9. As I only have three toons to that level. This change slows down gear big time for me. I am in currently in the 900s in arena and don’t see climbing past 700 easily with out upping gear. I liked the old system better. If this is a long term benefit, how long because I don’t see it.
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    I am a long time player. 2.4m gp. I bought a lot of gear from the fleet shop. Helped me and my guild finish haat in the early days. I consider the zeta cost to be too great. Yes I have fewer zetas than my guild mates, but I guess I was lucky in that I never zetad a ds toon, so I effectively caught up with a lot of them.

In any case, I think the new shard shop is good, and would not choose to revert to the previous system, but I wish gear was still in the fleet store as well. You still would have to choose between valuable shards, zetas, and gear. Don't think it would make gearing anywhere close to easy.

Smartest man in the world - this message should be pulled out and made a stuck post - NEVER zeta a DS character in this game. I wish we had been allies the last 8 months :)
This discussion has been closed.