My probelm with TB

When my phone crashes, i lose all progress. I get that you shouldnt be able to keep rerolling by retreating, but i would enjoy it if i am able to salvage the couple hundred thousand points that i managed to get.

Replies

• Yeah happened to me today in the Rogue One missions. Sucks. Not sure what a good solution is tho, cuz I really do like the idea of only having one shot.
  • Agree. Retreat button not being present is a plus. Also would be nice to be able to recover. Sadly, anything that allowed a retry due to being disconnected or whatever happens would be instantly exploited to basically be used as a retreat/retry mechanism.
  • Yep. I put a shinny new zeta on Barris tonight. Then I go into the south battle with my GK lead team and clear stage one. Before stage 2 can load the game crashed on me. So rather than an easy 6/6 I get a lousy 0/6 and no help to my guild. Last time around my guild missed a 3rd star in the south territory by less than 2m. If we somehow miss it now by 329k or less I'm really going to lose it.

I get that they want 1 attempt to clear it. I like it. Big fan actually. But when I lose out on all those points bc of something that's out of my control such as the game crashing, that's a little more than upsetting. I'm sure there's some sort of tie in with the game crashing and if we just force close the game which is why it's setup like it is. But... I still feel like myself and my guild should not be punished for the game crashing.
  • Moved to TB sub-forum.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I was lucky today, I was able to complete all my missions without any crashing, HOWEVER, that being said, quite a few of my guildmates had the game crash on various missions today. Several on the new bonus mission, several on the combat missions top and bottom. There was no apparent rhyme or reason to the crashes, they just happened. Some were wave 1-2 some where wave 4-5, 5-6, 2-3 .
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    It should save progress between waves, so if the game crashes on people you would still get for what you have achieved, and then a forfeit button also makes sense, for now it doesn’t, why on earth would you use it? Only purpose that button has right now is to trap someone who has just retreated a 1000 times in GW, and press it in TB without thinking when RNG is horrible
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ztyle wrote: »
    It should save progress between waves, so if the game crashes on people you would still get for what you have achieved, and then a forfeit button also makes sense, for now it doesn’t, why on earth would you use it? Only purpose that button has right now is to trap someone who has just retreated a 1000 times in GW, and press it in TB without thinking when RNG is horrible

Agree. Just get rid of the forfeit in TB all together. Don't even let there be an option for this to take place.

And being able to save progress between rounds in case of a crash is absolutely something this game needs to implement imo. I'm sure it can't happen for this specific run of TB, but maybe a fix before the next one starts in just over a week from now would be really great.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Ztyle wrote: »

I came very close to needing Forfeit on stage 5 of a combat mission. It was down to snowtrooper ops (with bombardment) vs g11 SThan (with strafing run and L3 supply lines). Snowtrooper kept healing himself, supply lines kept healing han, and neither were doing enough damage to offset that. The airstrikes on both sides weren't doing enough damage either. Went dozens of rounds before han got 2 crits in and a good airstrike, and ops went down. But this took almost 5 minutes, and I was getting more worried by the turn that I had gotten stuck in some endless loop and was going to lose all my points.
    So I think there is some rare situations that it may come in handy for.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »

I came very close to needing Forfeit on stage 5 of a combat mission. It was down to snowtrooper ops (with bombardment) vs g11 SThan (with strafing run and L3 supply lines). Snowtrooper kept healing himself, supply lines kept healing han, and neither were doing enough damage to offset that. The airstrikes on both sides weren't doing enough damage either. Went dozens of rounds before han got 2 crits in and a good airstrike, and ops went down. But this took almost 5 minutes, and I was getting more worried by the turn that I had gotten stuck in some endless loop and was going to lose all my points.
    So I think there is some rare situations that it may come in handy for.

Someone else reported needing it because of a 5s (under Kenobi lead) v. SnowOps stalemate as well.

The solution should be a server push each wave so the points are saved. It won't help with the special missions, but at least it gets the TB points.