Rey's father is..........

2Next

Replies

• @Robbathehutt OK. Thanks. That's not a new or groundbreaking theory though, it's one I've heard many times. I'm still sticking with my original opinion that I've had since first seeing the film: Han and Leia are her parents.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    @Robbathehutt OK. Thanks. That's not a new or groundbreaking theory though, it's one I've heard many times. I'm still sticking with my original opinion that I've had since first seeing the film: Han and Leia are her parents.

A clone from Luke's hand is groundbreaking!
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • If anyone read the books, which came out years ago after the original trilogy, Han and Leia had twins, one light side and one dark side. Luke is Jedi, he has never taken a woman as his wife. And the speculation continues..
    *Ninth* time. That business on Cato Neimodia doesn't- doesn't count.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    If anyone read the books, which came out years ago after the original trilogy, Han and Leia had twins, one light side and one dark side...
    But it's irrelevant since they're not following the books at all anymore. If they were following the books there'd be a third kid, a different main character would've died, Luke would have a wife & son by now, etc. So anything goes in the new universe.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Lunchboxx77
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I like the theory that Rey is Anakin reincarnated. Having her be either Leia and Hans or Luke's daughter is too predictable. Please I like the idea of Ren finding out (probably after she's kicked his **** again) and just being totally and utterly gutted because essentially he's been trying to kill his hero all this time. But the real kicker for me would be Luke turning to Rey and saying "You are my father!" :)
  • This is the most complete theory I've seen and I also feel it will most likely be the one that turns out to be true. It's a 6 minute video, worth watching.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdYWOoY1-X0

The theory in the vid is good and the way it should turn out to be in the coming movies if only disney has any respect for original storyline which is all about the skywalker family and their impact on the events. I hope they will but as they already **** so much dont have much faith in them anymore.
  • If anyone read the books, which came out years ago after the original trilogy, Han and Leia had twins, one light side and one dark side. Luke is Jedi, he has never taken a woman as his wife. And the speculation continues..

In a different book Luke hooks up with another Jedi named Mara Jade.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.

In a different book Luke hooks up with another Jedi named Mara Jade.

After marrying Skywalker, Mara Jade took the surname Skywalker and devoted her life to the New Jedi Order, becoming a Master in her own right.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    J0K3R wrote: »
    @Robbathehutt OK. Thanks. That's not a new or groundbreaking theory though, it's one I've heard many times. I'm still sticking with my original opinion that I've had since first seeing the film: Han and Leia are her parents.

A clone from Luke's hand is groundbreaking!
    There's obviously a precedent for cloning in the Star Wars universe, and this is supported in the books:
    Palpatine, Thrawn, and Jorus c'baoth all had clones made of themselves. Even Luke wound up fighting a clone of himself, made from his severed hand!
    But nowhere I'm aware of is there any history of making entirely new characters from someone else's scavenged DNA. Even in the Plagueis novel I don't think they did that.
  • Me. Dark Helmet is the father!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    There was some chatter a while back about a sequel to Spaceballs...
  • Rolf wrote: »
    There was some chatter a while back about a sequel to Spaceballs...

I hope that never happens. Ever. Spaceballs is a PERFECT film, PERFECT! Anyone touches it and they'll hear from me, immediately. You don't mess with something like that.
  • Lando. Right? It's gotta be Lando for sure! hehehe! :smiley:
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    HumbleSage wrote: »
    Lando. Right? It's gotta be Lando for sure! hehehe! :smiley:

LoL I know right! Han and Leia broke up cause Lando got her drunk one night!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Luke is her father,Mara Jade is her mother.
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    Lando. Right? It's gotta be Lando for sure! hehehe! :smiley:

LoL I know right! Han and Leia broke up cause Lando got her drunk one night!

hehehe ^ this!
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Chaxis wrote: »
    Luke is her father,Mara Jade is her mother.

How do you know this? Is this in the books?
    - HumbleSage
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Chaxis wrote: »

There's nothing of Rey's parentage in the original EU books, because there was no Rey. That said, in the original canon Luke did marry MJ (clearly Star Wars writers also are Spidey fans) and they had a son named Ben.
  • Rolf wrote: »

There's nothing of Rey's parentage in the original EU books, because there was no Rey. That said, in the original canon Luke did marry MJ (clearly Star Wars writers also are Spidey fans) and they had a son named Ben.

Ahhh neat. so just a permutation then? (Nice avatar btw, FOR AIUR!) :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Rolf wrote: »

Ahhh neat. so just a permutation then? (Nice avatar btw, FOR AIUR!) :smile:
    En Taro Adun, my friend. ;)
    There could be more than one permutation going on. Here's a really short version of how it was in the books:
    Han & Leia marry, and have twins: boy named Jacen and girl named Jaina. Eventually Jacen turns to the dark side and kills Mara Jade. Ben helps figure it out, and Jaina kills Jacen.

So, are they playing a different version of brother/sister Solos with Kylo and Rey, and will Rey wind up killing him? Or is Rey a different version of Ben Skywalker? Or something else??!? There's no knowing!
  • Interesting!!
    - HumbleSage