Stuns n cuffs

Prev1
Now the changes have made it easier to get higher gear they have created a gap between characters that are above gear 10 and characters that are stuck on gear 8 bcoz of the rate that cuffs n stuns pop up in the shard shop added to the amount of energy it takes to get 1 stun gun (full refill) so gear 8 is way harder to get and we need way more of it aswell for example the Phoenix squad need 7 full stun guns just to move up to to gear 8/9 compared to 1/2 furnaces so wouldn't it be more important to give access or even an option to choose stuns n cuffs? Put them back in the fleet store or make them pop up twice a day in shard shop bcoz I ain't refreshing shard shop when I need crystals for the other ridiculously hard gear to obtain

Replies

• This is a period. --->. If you use it, people can better understand what you're trying to say. I didnt even attempt to read this mess. Bcoz....
  • Ur right lol I think the anger just took over!
  • Shanobiwon
    61 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Basically where the kitten do we get stuns n cuffs from? With a drop rate of 10% and no fleet store?
    Post edited by Pyrefly on
  • Double drops are a joke aswell, I got 0 pieces of gear from 3 full refills lol anyone would think they want us to spend 1400 crystals at a time, for every bit of gear!
  • Shard Shop
  • Haven't seen stun guns in shard shop yet so can u elaborate?
  • I can't live off 6 stun guns a week, or even 12! Btw
  • Shard shop resets every 6 hours, there is a slot that has 6 salvage of cuffs or guns sometimes. I've gotten a bunch already and the price isn't too bad. Maybe not optimal for some people but I actually like it better
  • I have seen one stun gun only since new store came out. I get a lot of useless gear in that store so far.

Getting very frustrating logging in and seeing how many of these are needed before you even move one toon one gear level and you have over 50 toons needing them.
  • Iv seen one set of cuffs, but no stuns yet then 6 will probs pop up now and then which is a joke! Every character needs about 5 full stuns or more, so it looks like months before we can actually gear up one character! Furnaces n akaryds fill like a breeze compared to the new stun gun crisis!
  • At least the price is much more competitive now, and there's no second thinking: you see one, you buy it, without guilt or remorse. Every time I was buying a stun gun from the fleet store, I was feeling guilty of falling behind on zeta. And I'm not sure they were showing up more often in that store than they now in the shard shop. Plus the Fleet shop refreshes on that weird schedule, is it even 4 times a day?

The stun gun crisis is nothing new (it's reaching its 2nd year soon), but I'm with you in thinking the availability in the new Shard Shop will not solve it (but will definitely make it somehow more bearable).
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I can understand the frustration, like I said it isn't optimal for everyone. I never bought gear from the fleet store, spent that on ships and zetas. So for those like me this is a new source of guns and cuffs
  • I have seen cuffs show up twice and am still waiting for guns the first time. It's a far slower grind than what it was before, but no matter the changes, the game still functions less like Star Wars and more like Stun Gun Wars.
  • Refresh the shard shop 1-2x a day at 25 crystals a pop for more chances with the shard shop. It's really a small price to pay.
  • I know I've bought a bunch of Stun Cuffs from the Shard Shop. I think I've bought a shipment of Stun Guns, then stopped because I currently have 2 and need far more cuffs, making waiting for crystal shipments more efficient for me.

No joke, the shard shop is a great deal now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Shanobiwon wrote: »
    Double drops are a joke aswell, I got 0 pieces of gear from 3 full refills lol anyone would think they want us to spend 1400 crystals at a time, for every bit of gear!

You know the double drops are only on First Order nodes, right? Not any nodes that include cuffs or guns?
  • I used double drop for different gear but still didn't get one peice I wanted, can't remember what there called bcoz my brain is stunned and cuffed
  • Don't forget mk3 carbs
  • At least we get mk3 carbs from challenges but there still a pain! U always run out of mk3 carbs when that miracle happens and u get stun guns.

this game has purposely put whales first coz they love the shard shop considering it was put there for whales in the first place!
    I wonder if the game could survive with only whales playing it!
  • Shanobiwon wrote: »
    At least we get mk3 carbs from challenges but there still a pain! U always run out of mk3 carbs when that miracle happens and u get stun guns.

this game has purposely put whales first coz they love the shard shop considering it was put there for whales in the first place!

Chill. First off, this is one of the most f2p-friendly game there is. Secondly, the comment "I wonder how long the game would survive if only those that pay alot to support it played" is a little backwards. The game needs both - and it needs to keep both happy. Yes, occasionally there is an update aimed to please whales. Sometimes an update to please f2p and guppies. Sometimes updates to make new players happy (there have been numerous things that make it easier for new players compared to 22 months ago) - and some for the players that have been playing since launch.

Not everyone will like every improvement. Yes, the shard shop - which is only available once you have 7* characters and only truly "good" once you have a roster of 40 or 50 of them - is aimed to make veteran players happy.

Finally, keep in mind that whales need an incentive to spend. Otherwise why would they?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Shanobiwon wrote: »
    At least we get mk3 carbs from challenges but there still a pain! U always run out of mk3 carbs when that miracle happens and u get stun guns.

I've refreshed 6 times and have yet to see a cuff, gun, or corbanti. Love the prices, hate the distribution.

And, yes, it could survive, because it's one of the most valuable and popular IPs in history. It wouldn't, however, without the f2p and moderate spenders. It's easier to turn someone from a free player to a low to moderate spender, but the prices have to reflect a value more inline with the real world. The whale model is predictable but dated. A quick Google search can point you to recent academic studies as to why.
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    ??
    Post edited by Skywalker_Vader1 on
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think so anyways. Are they in shipments? Can anyone confirm? It's always furnace, or droid callers now. I have not seen cuffs or stun guns in there for days. Never anything in shard shop. It's worthless now
  • I think so anyways. Are they in shipments? Can anyone confirm? It's always furnace, or droid callers now. I have not seen cuffs or stun guns in there for days. Never anything in shard shop. It's worthless now

They're there. 560 for 20 salvage or 1400 for a complete cuff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I think so anyways. Are they in shipments? Can anyone confirm? It's always furnace, or droid callers now. I have not seen cuffs or stun guns in there for days. Never anything in shard shop. It's worthless now

I can confirm. They rotate in and out but on an average week you should see it enough to get one each per week (if you had the crystals). Sometimes it is like the game knows what piece you need and takes it out of the lineup. But guns and cuffs still come through on a fairly regular basis over time.
  • Thanks
  • Shard shop is great, the rest of the shops needs quatity increases or price decreases