Infinite loop in TB phase 3 combat

Oddity this evening in a phase three combat. My squad reached final wave but was heavily decimated and looked like it was toast. Down to just Biggs against 4 snowtroopers. But he kept regaining full health and a bit of protection. Took out three of the snowtroopers. Just him and an ops trooper. Then it got weirder still. Neither would die. They both kept dropping to roughly half health then recovering to full health. I eventually put it on auto and this continued for about 10’min. I jumped out of the game to see if anything was posted here. When I went back in it rebooted and I lost the entire combat mission.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to bugs and issues.
  • If you completed the platoon yesterday, he would gain 20% health at the beginning of his turn, and since every hit was from an Empire enemy, he would gain 100% tm and thus health every hit. Depending on your lead, he could regain health from that as well. Sounds like you might have had a zeta Jyn lead, so each hit he would get the evasion up and thus 5% protection.

If it was really stuck so that you couldn't do anything even on manual, that's when you retreat and take the points you've earned. Not sure why you would task switch to a browser in the middle of the battle knowing you'd lose points.
  • I can confirm this is happening as I am currently stuck in that loop and have been for over an hour now. I can come out and it pauses the game and then I can go back in. Biggs and the last trooper going back and forth. Every time Biggs doesn't kill him he gains protection from using a special attack that doesn't kill the enemy. The trooper then cloaks, sorry forgot the correct name of it, tired, and gains health back. Don't know whether to leave it running all night or just let him die??
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    I can confirm this is happening as I am currently stuck in that loop and have been for over an hour now. I can come out and it pauses the game and then I can go back in. Biggs and the last trooper going back and forth. Every time Biggs doesn't kill him he gains protection from using a special attack that doesn't kill the enemy. The trooper then cloaks, sorry forgot the correct name of it, tired, and gains health back. Don't know whether to leave it running all night or just let him die??

If you're really stuck and can't kill him, just forfeit and take the points you've earned.
  • Thanks Luckylukester for confirming that this is happening to other people. And also for confirming that there was nothing dumb about trying to pause and come back into the game.

Crzydroid I had an Akbar lead. The point of the post was to flag to the devs that they have inadvertently created an unfinishable draw in at least one configuration.