BB8>>> not going for him.....

Prev134
Is it just me or is BB8 for once, a legendary toon that doesnt require immediate farming. Yup, he does seem good for resistance, but they run riot in the game modes they are used. Beyond this BB8 eems less of a bost that R2, thrawn or CLS. I'm gonna use the deouble drops until they end then not really care for BB8 for now.
Anyone else feel the same?

Replies

• Options
    GuanIsHere wrote: »
    Is it just me or is BB8 for once, a legendary toon that doesnt require immediate farming. Yup, he does seem good for resistance, but they run riot in the game modes they are used. Beyond this BB8 eems less of a bost that R2, thrawn or CLS. I'm gonna use the deouble drops until they end then not really care for BB8 for now.

This is my exact plan haha. Not really even doing anything for FOST, just Kylo and FOTP
  • Options

I'm just too new to work on first order from scratch in time, so I'm ignoring BB8 .....,But there is a good chance you'll need BB8 in order to get last jedi Rey and BB8 event prob won't be back again before that....
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options

What if you get hot with the drops and end up with all 5* FO, will you still not play the event? Just curious.
  • Options
    nope
  • Options
    Matt_B wrote: »

What if you get hot with the drops and end up with all 5* FO, will you still not play the event? Just curious.
    Still need gear, mods, credits to level
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    In and of himself I’m not super interested either. But he’ll likely be needed for another character later. Only reason I’ll take a shot at getting BB-8.
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    This is just a trick, CG want you to think you don't need/want him, but he'll be required for something... wait and see.
  • Options
    A legendary Resistance character released just as TLJ, which will definitely bring new Res characters / reworks, is about to hit theaters.....DO NOT FARM at your own risk! :)
  • Options
    If I can get him I will. Definitely not buying the pack. I am surprised they did not do the 20.00 per char one. I wound maybe buy one of those. I only need one char
  • Options
    Won't get him, not concerned. Can't work on everything so I'll just continue on the course I was already on.
  • Options
    I’m gonna pass this time around myself. I usually go for every other toon. I skipped thrawn and was ready for cls. I’m ready for thrawn next time and can wait for bb8 second coming. Too many toons already waiting to gear, bb8 would only sit at the back of the line.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    He is a kitten character so dont want him at all. If I ever get the FO characters farmed then sure otherwise not bothering.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Plz don't cry when BB8 is needed to unlock someone in December :frowning:
  • Options
    Same as Thrawn event, not gonna panic farm/spend money to get him 7*. I'm hoping to unlock, mostly just so I could have him fully geared when he doesn't come back around, but there's a good chance I won't get FOST there in time. Very content to slow farm FO for a few months and be ready next time around to 7* him. He doesn't seem all that essential. More like a fun hobby to do some crazy new teams just for fun.
  • Options
    i wouldn't be surprised if he is needed to get jedi rey once tlj is released so... i would try to get him
  • Options
    jarael wrote: »
    i wouldn't be surprised if he is needed to get jedi rey once tlj is released so... i would try to get him

Like r2 for luke they will bring the bb8 event back before any new event if he is needed
  • Options
    I can't get FOTP and FOST to even 5* by then.
    I'll have to 'do a Thrawn'.. unlock what I can... take the hit... and keep farming for nxt time.
    Really want him... cos there'll be some killer use for him... but with a 5* Thrawn, 6*Baze, 5*ATF... there are always super-toons us FTP peeps don't get str8 away... I'm still happily wrapped up in my cosy 7* CLS blanket to keep me happy! :-)
  • Options
    Bomroll wrote: »
    Like r2 for luke they will bring the bb8 event back before any new event if he is needed
    This.

I gladly take the double drops but i refuse to 'panic farm'. I have enough to do with Thrawn, R2 and CLS.
  • Options
    The funny thing is that most of us would be ready for it. If it wasn't for the fact we've been forced to farm rebels the last year.
  • Options
    I'm interested, not for my Resistance team because it's already ace where I use it (GW and TB) but I'm interested in whatever boost it brings to my droids... My guild is struggling with HAAT so whatever helps one of my teams with this raid, I'm ready to go for it. But I have to aim for 7*... :-/
  • Options
    Resistance usually do very well in tank. On both p2 and p4. In p4 you need r2 and preferably zeta Rey for daze
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Resistance usually do very well in tank. On both p2 and p4. In p4 you need r2 and preferably zeta Rey for daze
    Well, we barely scratched P3 during our last attempt so P4... ^^
    But yes, I used Resistance for the first time and got a surprising 2.3M out of phase 2 when they are even not that great with their damage output (My res team is still young and I put everything on potency for a start). My droids were a disappointment though with a mere 440K in P2 when they are G10-11 so any boost from BB-8 would be more than welcome, hence my interest in the character even if it seems like it's horrible to gear up...
  • Options
    I'll happily miss out. I'm always playing catch up, so this will be no different.
  • Options
    If I can get him I will. Definitely not buying the pack. I am surprised they did not do the 20.00 per char one. I wound maybe buy one of those. I only need one char

This.

The current packs are worthless unless you are a very new player. "Kylo, Phasma, & FOO" are almost two years old toons which also very easy to farm to 7* in a month. FOP people would farm him for his ship, the only hard toon is FOS and tbh there weren't any reasons to farm him before unless you are obsessed about FO or a whale who gotta Max them all.

I really wish if the packs were separated for each toon I am definitely going to buy FOS.
  • Options
    I'm not going to get him this time and I'm not worried about needing him for Jedi Rey or anyone else right now. He will come back around. The packs are not worth it at all. I'll be focusing on other priorities.
  • Options
    I didn't know about bb8 event before he show up. I have all my fo 7*, 3g11, 2g9. Lol thx for the gift
  • Carrion_Spike
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Out of practicality I have choked off most spending for GOH and will continue on my current path, which, incidentally, is netting me 450-500 Crystals nightly ***with a team comprised of toons I like***. I decided a while back to enjoy this game on my own terms and recently it's the most satisfying it's been in the 1.5 yrs I've been playing it.

This isn't a case of the proverbial sour grapes. Not a big fan of Rey to begin with and her eventually having a light saber likely won't change that; so any "imminent doom" carrot being dangled about how if I haven't been farming FO/don't panic farm them now for another character I don't like, BB8, doesn't really affect my fun quotient. I understand people like her and will revolve their expenditure around obtaining her, and more power to you if you fall within that camp.
  • Options
    I want him badly but my Fost is 3 star now and drop rates suck and he is only on 3 hard nodes. I am not a millionaire so I guess no point. Hope he isn't useful somewhere cause that will be another thing that sours my excitement to want to open the game.
  • Options
    I don't why so many ppl don't have fost; he's on one of the best hard node to farm....