Resistance odd man out

Prev1
With BB8 coming and looking to make Resistance the new meta, at least imo, who is the odd man out in the resistance team? R2 is too strong, trooper is useful at removing buffs, obviously Finn and Poe stay. It's gotta be Rey doesn't it? What do you guys think?

Replies

• Options
    Rey is out if you want BB8. But zRey has a daze that's really useful against the CLS meta. I wouldn't bother with BB8 unless you wanted to use him with Droids or Resistance in raids.
  • Options
    Rey the bench warmer until she finds a lightsaber
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Rey is out if you want BB8. But zRey has a daze that's really useful against the CLS meta. I wouldn't bother with BB8 unless you wanted to use him with Droids or Resistance in raids.

I have a ZRey. Are you saying BB8 isn't good enough to replace her?
  • Options
    Haxthar wrote: »

I have a ZRey. Are you saying BB8 isn't good enough to replace her?

I wouldn't. zRey can Solo P4 HAAT if you have a zFinn and zR2. That same squad can beat any CM in TB. It also does very well in arena if you have great mods.

No way I would replace BB8. He will probably suck on defense with all of his specials, and Rey daze guarantees wins against Thrawn and CLS leads.
  • Options
    Maybe if they add an attacker like lightsaber Rey with an expose ability and possibly TMR. Oustide of that, there isn't much reason to replace her in the current meta.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    i
    Maybe if they add an attacker like lightsaber Rey with an expose ability and possibly TMR. Oustide of that, there isn't much reason to replace her in the current meta.

i hear you. I'm looking at bb8's expose special and thinking between him and Poe, when would the opponent even have a chance to move?
    Post edited by Haxthar on
  • Options
    i

i hear you. I'm looking at bb8's expose special and thinking between him and Poe, when would the opponent even have a chance to move?

Doesn't BB8 have a skill that increases potency for both himself and another character on your team? Would be pretty good for Resistance teams that are not modded well yet....

• Options
    Rey is out for me. She's mostly there for the dps, but with BB8 the rotation through specials will be plenty. Also, the Tenacity Down will all but guaranty exposes While the Daze on his basic is really BAMF. Foresight as a Unique is sweet, too.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    zRey can Solo P4 HAAT if you have a zFinn and zR2.

I think you need to look up the definition of solo.
  • Options
    This is a no-brainer. Rey sits.
    Zeta Rey: Daze on Special. Omega BB8: Daze on Basic.

The Resistance squad to beat will be Ren & Stimpy, Trooper, BB8 and R2. BB8 Secret Intel. R2 smoke to hide Ren until taunt. Ren taunt to Expose. Trooper pop/apply Expose. Stimpy Stun/Expose. Then BB8 runs around applying Tenacity Down so Ren never fails to Expose, R2 burning/stunning everyone. Sounds tough.

Wonder if it will actually work.
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    With BB8 coming and looking to make Resistance the new meta, at least imo, who is the odd man out in the resistance team? R2 is too strong, trooper is useful at removing buffs, obviously Finn and Poe stay. It's gotta be Rey doesn't it? What do you guys think?

BB8 is gonna have to look pretty hard to make that one happen in arena.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I was referring to the fact that you can complete P4 of HAAT with one squad. I'm sorry if I mislead you to believe that you could do it with one character (if that's what you were unsure about).

Resistance is capable of completing P4 HAAT on it's own with the right composition, modding and zetas.
  • Options

I was referring to the fact that you can complete P4 of HAAT with one squad. I'm sorry if I mislead you to believe that you could do it with one character (if that's what you were unsure about).

Resistance is capable of completing P4 HAAT on it's own with the right composition, modding and zetas.

I think he was just saying that you stated that she can solo "if you have zFinn and zR2", whereas a character soloing a phase would mean just that one character is capable of doing it. Semantic.

Anybody have thoughts on if BB-8 (with Daze on basic to replace zRey, essentially) will make zResistance capable of soloing p4 without that second Zeta? Would R2 even be necessary in that comp between BB-8's tenacity down, the potency boost he gives, and the buffs he can distribute? Also, do unique buffs count as protection from the air strike?
  • Options

I think he was just saying that you stated that she can solo "if you have zFinn and zR2", whereas a character soloing a phase would mean just that one character is capable of doing it. Semantic.

Anybody have thoughts on if BB-8 (with Daze on basic to replace zRey, essentially) will make zResistance capable of soloing p4 without that second Zeta? Would R2 even be necessary in that comp between BB-8's tenacity down, the potency boost he gives, and the buffs he can distribute? Also, do unique buffs count as protection from the air strike?

I wouldn't swap R2 out. BB8 might be able to take Rey's spot in P4 and make P2 easier though. I like the combination of R2 and BB8 because you get all of the buffs. BB8 takes double buffs from Number Crunch. That's a lot of potency and offense.
  • Options

I wouldn't swap R2 out. BB8 might be able to take Rey's spot in P4 and make P2 easier though. I like the combination of R2 and BB8 because you get all of the buffs. BB8 takes double buffs from Number Crunch. That's a lot of potency and offense.

Hm. I figure R2 mostly just adds potency to zResistance, which is kind of a non-issue when tenacity down is there all the time. The offense is a really good point, but if it's a mechanics thing and the only difference is time I'd probably be willing to work harder for longer without R2 and use him elsewhere because he's so versatile.

I have a Rebel team that does around 6mil in p4 right now, so I'm not sure if I shoot for a zResistance solo p4 squad and figure out a p2 Rebel comp, or if I push BB-8 into my p2 Resistance comp (for Rey?) and keep rolling with the Rebels. I only get around 15% with zResistance right now (possibly a mod issue?) but I feel that the bigger RNG is just with whether or not RT and RP try to land the exposes at all, potency aside.
  • Options
    Leave out Finn, it's more fun to haves challenge
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options

BB8 is gonna have to look pretty hard to make that one happen in arena.

He’d need to have the hand of god to stop raid Han smashing into Poe first shot and stopping the expose train running.
  • Options
    I just started using a res team. Last week put 2nd zeta on r2 and one on finn. Ive been using RP just cuz he (she?) is a gear higher. I really like RP and the stun, but i keep reading that trooper is the way to go... Is there really that much difference? I seem to prefer RP.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I just started using a res team. Last week put 2nd zeta on r2 and one on finn. Ive been using RP just cuz he (she?) is a gear higher. I really like RP and the stun, but i keep reading that trooper is the way to go... Is there really that much difference? I seem to prefer RP.

Trooper is far superior. He exposes on basic and gains TM when an enemy is exposed. He also can dispel on special to get rid of taunts and apply speed down. Trooper is the engine that keeps the expose train going.
  • Options
    JDSteady wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Trooper is far superior. He exposes on basic and gains TM when an enemy is exposed. He also can dispel on special to get rid of taunts and apply speed down. Trooper is the engine that keeps the expose train going.

So i played around with trooper in gw. Holy geez! At gear 7 i rolled over node 11 untouched. Im sold!
  • Options
    I have been using R-Trooper for weeks in GW and never realized his special removed all buffs, ha!

• Options
    Havent you come across baze? Lol. Big help there
  • Options
    I don't face Baze much anymore... More like a G12 zzCMD Luke, GK, zBarris, zThrawn, and zzR2. So funny that I never even looked at that special as a way to remove GK's taunt if buff block doesn't land. As they say, "learn something new every day..."

• Options
    What an informative thread this is. And yeah baze, gk, shore...whoever gives ya trouble. Probably useful to remove tenacity up so expose can land too.
  • Options
    Btw didnt mean to hijack thread...now that bb8 has been out a few days, do we have any more insight to the OPs question?
  • Options
    I'm still gearing him up, so haven't had any experience yet. I have watched a couple videos and they were running with Finn, Poe, Trooper, BB-8, and trying R2 or zHan Solo, which is a just dps in place of Rey I guess. Finn, Poe, Trooper are just not replaceable for the team to do the work it is capable of... R2 and BB-8 have a lot of synergy together so it is very hard to give up that combo.

As far as Tenacity Up, I usually just work on everyone else until it expires and then start smashing... but again, very useful to have that dispel available!

• Options
    For tenacity up i was thinking rex and yoda...can ruin your day if everyone has it.

Squad-wise im seeing same thing. Just seems so strange to leave out rey. I keeping thinking how "op" she is lol. But it certainly does seem the way to. Really makes me wonder what is to come....
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    There is a guy who currently run Resistance in arena in the top 20. He says BB8 is okay on offense, but the AI doesn't do anything with him on defense. He never attacks. Just wastes turns. No tenacity down. No exposes. Just spams his special and let's your team get mowed down.
  • Options
    Well, every time he uses that special, the cooldown of ID is reduced by 5 (assumes everyone has secret intel buff) ... So as a support character, not sure I care how much he attacks as long as every few turns, he's spamming ID. But if your friend is saying, BB-8 NEVER uses ID after the cooldown... that is a problem!

• Options
    You Can't hit exposes without attacking... So it's a liability.