What DS team to run GW?

Hey guys,

Wondering what Dark Side team I am suppose to be fielding to run GW. I know that you can do it with Resistance, Rebels, CLS and Clones but I was wondering what Dark Side team can do it as well.

Replies

• Options
    Darth Nihlus led sith team works well.

All that health steal means you can stay at full health until the last node.
  • Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »

It will defeat the CLS N 12 madness?
  • Options
    Ehh Nihlus lead isn't really the best option cuz after the first battle he sucks away all their protection so then they're all basically at half health the rest of the way thru.

Zaul lead with Zavage is probs best, especially if you could have Sith Trooper and Assassin backing him up, but even with Nihlus/EP/zdooku all can work decent. Just make sure daze is always ready to go to start each next encounter. Otherwise the counter attacks with rock you real quick.
  • Options
    I run nihilus sith through the middle nodes, and could do better if they were geared a little higher (all G8). The loss of protection isn't an issue, their health gets recalculated each node to account for the leader ability and you don't end up dropping to half health.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm making GW with zVeers, Snow, DT, ShT and StormT. I sub in Thrawn for Snow at the end. Sometimes, I put Nihilus according to the final team.
    Post edited by BulYwif on
  • Options
    I TM-load various characters on nodes 1-4, run DN-lead Sith on nodes 5-11, and then my squad for node 12 varies based on the team comp of the opponent.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    I use Tarkin lead, tfp, deathtrooper, Thrawn and nihilus. All gear 12 except Thrawn as I couldn't 7* him first time around.
    I occasionally sub in Zarriss for tfp if I need a health top up.
  • Options
    zThrawn lead works quite well.

zKrennic, zVeers leads are also decent.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    -

• Options
    Zader, palp, zidius, tarkin, magma.. Just until node 8 or 9. Then i used cls n friends, bcause my ds team is bad.. I more focus on ls team :frowning:
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zader, Zihilus, Zidious, Zaul, Zthrawn. Always end the node with Zaul basic so that you can start with AOE daze on the next node. Use Thrawn to swap TM when needed to make sure Zaul gets the final blow. Usually lasts till the last few nodes without even losing much protection. Can swap in EP/TFP instead of Zidious/Zihilus if you need more AOE/stun/control.

Incidentally, you only really need Zeta on Vader for this setup. It's just that I already zeta all the good Dark Side characters before being royally ****** by this Light Side only TB nonsense.
  • Options
    Rebels.
  • MikeyA56
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I mostly run Thrawn, Vader, EP, TFP, and GMT and can get all the way through without losing anyone.
  • Options
    Thrawn, shore, DT, zylo and EP. Lots of healing and longevity w thas group. Gets me all the way to node 9 w simming
  • Options
    I can complete gw every day using Thrawn, tarkin, death trooper, shore trooper, and stormtrooper. I occasionally have to sub someone in for Tarkin on one or more of the late crazy nodes.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Moving to Arena and Character Strategy
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »
    Cassius97 wrote: »

It will defeat the CLS N 12 madness?

No. But it will usually get you there with a full health team. So you have your entire roster to throw at node 12.
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Ehh Nihlus lead isn't really the best option cuz after the first battle he sucks away all their protection so then they're all basically at half health the rest of the way thru.

What do you mean? The protection is added to the overall health pool, and what's good is that protection doesn't regenerate (at least not with Sith toons, if you have a Thrawn etc, you can but that's not ideal) ... but health does regenerate thanks to DN's leader/health steal, so if anything it's better to have DN as the lead.
  • Options
    I run my old Palp team as my grunt-work team in GW. EP (L), Vader, Sith Trooper, Maul, & Sid. I re-modded them to all have at least some extra health. With EP's lead I can at least keep their health topped up between rounds, and I only use them on the non CLS meta teams anyway. I'll occasionally sub in someone here and there depending on what I'm fighting (like AV to clear buffs from a zQGJ/yoda jedi team so Maul can OHKO them, or Boba to take out Chirrut, etc.)

For all the hard fights I use my own meta teams (rebels, GAT, DN, etc.), but the Sith Squad takes most of the miscellaneous hits to keep my meta characters fresh for the big boys.
  • Options
    I also run DN lead through most of the middle nodes. Works really well, and saves my other toons for the hard nodes. The biggest issue when running into the CLS stuff is that the Sith really don't do enough damage. And they rely on a lot of AoE, making them dangerous to use against counter teams. But you need multiple teams to run through GW. I would highly encourage a DN team for this, but with TB being entirely LS based, you may need to invest in something there. I've heard PHX can be good for GW.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/zolaz/

Here is my roster. I am trying to figure out what kind of teams to use against CLS. I am fighting 1 to 3 CLS teams a day in GW.
  • Options
    Zolaz, looking at your roster, don't be afraid to use sacrifice teams. So long as you can punch out enough/most of the key heroes to mop up with your next team, call it a win and move on. You've got some great single target damage heroes with your rebels, and they excel at that kind of "let's die together" approach. Preload your suicide squads with TM on an easy fight (which you should be doing for multiple teams anyway), and go to town.

Rex is also a great lead against the CLS squads. One of my best GW teams is actually a mashup with Rex (L), Sun Fac, RG, zBarris, & DN. Modded for survivability (especially Rex, he's the weak link), the whole squad is very hard to kill, is only 1 zeta investment, and exists solely to protect DN long enough to start annihilating key opponents. Those fights are painfully long, but I can still take down my very toughest GW fights with it without losing anyone. I don't use it much anymore because I have my own CLS meta team, but I will break it out from time to time for the last couple fights.