Cantina vs Mod Challenge, one glaring problem

VirtraThrad
444 posts Member
edited September 2017
So I rarely have complaints with this game, and if I do... i don't voice them, because they come from my desire for life to be easier and faster, rather than any actual issue being present in the game.

However, I've found an issue that isn't just me.

The past few weeks I have been experiencing an omega shortage. Never had the problem before, always had enough omega for when zeta time came around, but recently the yellow things have been ultra rare, and for the life of me I could figure out why.

Today it hit me. Roughly two weeks ago was when I finally finished farming the must have character shards and moved back to farming mods. See, in 16 energy cantina nodes you can win omega, and with 3 refreshes a day... every day... you end up with some eventually. However, in a 16 energy mod challenge, where it is supposed to be comparable, no dice. Omega pieces not in rewards.

It was a bit of a glaring shock for me to see this, and other people probably aren't phased by such a thing, but when we are trying to use such a precious currency, I personally feel like I should have to waste it on cantina nodes just to keep my omega needs filled, especially when I'm trying to mod a new toon I just spent a month farming in cantina.

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    You were actually getting omegas from cantina? From forums it sounds as if they're as rare as 7 carbanti drops.
  • You get one a day, much faster than you get zetas. Plan better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You were actually getting omegas from cantina? From forums it sounds as if they're as rare as 7 carbanti drops.

Probably is but when you are blindly doing shard farming probably just don't notice how many.

and since the OP specifically noticed lack of omegas around time to spend zeta I would guess their farming paces zetas faster than omega when farming mods w/cantina energy rather than 16 cost shard nodes.

They didn't state how many they were short which could indicate how many were farmed from cantina farming.

Farming and just "noticing" odds is weird and in many cases not as accurate as you think, just since you tend to remember failures more than success etc.

I rarely noticed 0 zeta days when I had 50-100 of them stocked, the moment I spent them, all of a sudden I was getting 0s all the time.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

That was my understanding too. And only Cantina 8 can even drop them, not Cantina 7 which is also 16 energy.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Drop rates from cantina farming for Omegas is about 5%.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2017

I still dont think 7 carbanti drops exist.. If they do they are rarer than getting 10mill from credit heist

But generally once I get to like 12 zetas, I start making sure I save omegas so Ill have enough once I get to 20 zetas
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to a better sub forum for better Dev visibility.
  • I'm about 6 omega short and lately haven't been getting very good omega drops on the daily challenges and i haven't omega'd any skills.

Normally i have plenty of omegas that it has never been an issue, thus not a complaint, but i got to enough zetas and had an omega shortage, which was shocking for me.

I know I wasn't getting a ton of images from cantina, but between farming sith toons, and Deathtrooper it is definitely a noticeable difference.

I know you only get the chance from cantina 8, but I feel like I should have to choose cantina 8 or mod challenges just for that omega chance... i could be wrong, but that's my current thinking on the matter. :neutral: