Get the worthless gear out of shard store!

Right now there are 3 pieces of blue gear and 1 gold challenge gear in my shard store. I've also seen green gear in there at times. There are only 6 spaces for gear in this store, and the gear we need never shows up because spots are getting taken up by worthless garbage. This needs to change.

Replies

• +1 I like the new shard store overall, but the extremely limited number of slots and poor rotation is definitely something that needs to be addressed. Or just put gear back in fleet as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yep, gear crunch is not moderated at all if the pieces we need most are still not showing up anywhere else.
  • I agree. It's awesome we have a better selection, and more items for less cost... but, the previous version seemed more reliable. The challenge gear shouldn't ever be in there though. Raid gear 8-9 is still one of the harder things to get in the game (for me anyways), with the shear numbers of them we need. Those should maybe be a priority and always be available in a couple slots.
  • I am still waiting the first stun gun to show up .... it' s a kind of joke :)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Some of the pieces are useless, but being green/blue doesn't automatically mean it's useless. There are several green and blue pieces that I am always short on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • C3hyp77 wrote: »
    I am still waiting the first stun gun to show up .... it' s a kind of joke :)

Same here, I need so many stun guns. I thought that this new shard shop change would help, but no such luck.
    Liath wrote: »
    Some of the pieces are useless, but being green/blue doesn't automatically mean it's useless. There are several green and blue pieces that I am always short on.

Yeah, except that spending shard shop currency on blue and green gear is an extremely poor decision, just ask for it from your guild or farm it yourself. The shard shop should address the G8-G9 gear crunch.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yeah, except that spending shard shop currency on blue and green gear is an extremely poor decision, just ask for it from your guild or farm it yourself. The shard shop should address the G8-G9 gear crunch.

Drop rates often suck just as much for blue/green gear as for purple, and other people in my guild need the same pieces as well, so those requests aren't always getting filled. I haven't bought any of those pieces from the shard shop yet and might never, but I don't mind having them there just in case I decide to one day when I really need one.
  • This thread is so much more productive than all of the "make fleet shipments great again" threads. So tired of people asking for a quick fix that they will just regret six months from now.

I wouldn't mind if they keep the lower tier gear (although newer players won't have any use for the shard shop), but they could definitely add some more slots for popular, high end gear.
  • Liath wrote: »

Drop rates often suck just as much for blue/green gear as for purple, and other people in my guild need the same pieces as well, so those requests aren't always getting filled. I haven't bought any of those pieces from the shard shop yet and might never, but I don't mind having them there just in case I decide to one day when I really need one.

I very much mind having them there, it's not as if they are being offered as a bonus, they are taking spots that could be filled with gear we REALLY need. The sole purpose of that low gear showing up seems to be to limit the benefit provided by the shard shop unless you spend crystals to refresh. Another free refresh has come and gone and I still haven't seen one stun gun, and 33% of the gear currently in the store is absolute filler again. I'm really getting frustrated with this.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Totally agree
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

I very much mind having them there, it's not as if they are being offered as a bonus, they are taking spots that could be filled with gear we REALLY need. The sole purpose of that low gear showing up seems to be to limit the benefit provided by the shard shop unless you spend crystals to refresh. Another free refresh has come and gone and I still haven't seen one stun gun, and 33% of the gear currently in the store is absolute filler again. I'm really getting frustrated with this.

Only in your dream world. The blue and green gear doesn't share the same slot as cuffs and guns. If they were to remove it they would just remove that slot entirely. It's not like there have to be X slots of gear, it's whatever they wanted to do, and they set the drop rate for cuffs and guns where they wanted them to be. Having the other slots and what is in them there has no impact on it.