SWGoH Ultimate Wishlist! / QOL suggestions [MERGE]

Replies

• As a long time player I have seen player turnover from when mods was introduced, when raids were introduced and now with TB. They all said the same thing, that this game takes up too much time at certain points of the day so I thought I would offer some suggestions.

Disclosure - I am a family man with kids.

A) Make the arena (and fleet battles) payout based on your highest rank during the preceding 24 hours.
    By this I mean that if you hit the #2 spot 12 hours before payout then that is what your payout would be; this means you don't have to play the game at ten minutes before payout time to get the best result.
    For example, if I take the train home between 4-5pm, and it's boring, then I can spend the whole hour playing arena battles and not have to save one or two battles for later on when it's closer to payout time - when you're saying hello to your kids for the first time of the day.

B) TB - Rework it. Take away the phase timers and have one 7 day timer. Have it that a guild cannot goto the next phase until they have got full stars in the current phase, reset all toons each 24 hours after the start of the phase to allow the guilds to use all their toons again if they couldn't get full stars.
    Once the 7 day timer expires then finish the TB up and that's how many stars the guild gets.

Another suggestion for TB's; little side quests to be completed for a players own rewards. Phase 6 you could fight a Wampa in his cave to recover a piece of Zeta material for yourself.

C) Slider bar on spending ally points so we don't waste hours on it.

D) WATTOS WRECKING YARD!
    Ability to trade up pieces;each part has a value (parts currency) which can be used to buy other currency pieces. Heck I'd be happy just to be allowed to sell some parts for shard store currency.
    Another concept would be the wrecking of certain ships; you can go back to 0 shards in that ship if you want to wreck them, so you might decide to wreck 'Jedi consulars ship' for 3 carbanettis and 1 droid caller.

E) NEW CONTENT.
    How about side games? There could be a game where you face 6 stormtroopers, and as you kill one it gets replaced by a more powerful version (or a commander, or a probe droide.t.c), and it just gets harder and harder without an ending.
    Final score is how many enemies killed.

F) MODS
    Like squad builder we need something to help with mods. Need a method of quickly taking mods off toons. 1m credits to take all mods off all toons would be great.
    Need filters so we can quickly put mods in order (for example all my potency mods in order of secondary speeds).

G) DAILY TICKETS
    Allow for each player to earn 800 tickets per day but keep the maximum of 30k for the guild; that way if a player is in hospital and misses their 600 (which has happened) then we don't lose a raid.

H) PACKS
    Stop the total randomness of cards that give '10-330' shards (I have only ever gotten 10 shards so I don't buy them), 1k crystals gives you 10-100 shards, 3k crystals gives you 101-200 and 6k crystals gives you 201-330 shards.

JAMES
    P.S Yes I have more ideas but this will do as a start :)

+1, and also stop awarding challenge gears in raids, etc
  • 1. Another tier of heists that include increased rewards, fleet credits and relevant gear salvage (like Cuffs and stun guns).
    2. Another tier of challenges.
    3. A big improvement to GW: borrow an ally's hero. That would give players an edge against those Power creep, full Zeta G12 CLS teams. For advanced players this could be added to the "fun factor". It would be cool do see two leaders, say Thrawn and Veers, or Palpatine and Gar Saxon for example.
  • Not sure where to put this, but feel free to move it where it should be.

If I remember correctly, the omega ability mats started out as hard to farm as the zeta mats are, and then they got moved to a few extra locations (none of which have a good payout rate, but that’s EA for you). The zetas should have extra farming locations by now, due to the cadenc of release that was presented by CG, like putting them with the ability mat challenge, and GW rewards, or as a GUARANTEED Territory battle reward. The majority of the player base does not feel like having to decide between purchasing ship blueprints and zetas is considered “farmable”.
    Anyways, that’s just how it’s viewed from The Mountain
  • If ? When? Among ALL the other changes needed in this game, QOL 2.0 is badly needed, especially since TB’s started, the work and time sink required is beyond the pale.

It was said they would give us more tools in future, then in a post after that they said it was “being considered”.

• Dread
    152 posts Member
    To me, the "being considered" post meant that they havent worked on this yet. Even though they said that the commnity was being heard loud and clear. Shame.
  • This is long overdue. There's enough content in the game that you don't need to make us come back every 10 minutes and push the sim button again!!!

Arena, TBs, Raids, and pretty soon MORE guild-related content is coming? My wife resents this game already. Please don't force me to get rid of it!

At least make the mindless farming autoplay!!! All challenges (ship and ground) should be done with a single click.

• Agreed
  • +1 for the multi sim challenges
  • Agreed - remove the time limit - we have enough things to do in real life
  • Seigi wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/138755/the-state-of-the-galaxy-a-player-s-perspective#latest

There's also another forum post about it, that was strangely posted in a sub forum for not many folks to see

Go figure. This forum is a freaking joke
  • QoL Request - Follow character release schedule as promised.
  • just add zetas and omegas to TB and Raid rewards.
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    I finally got the point of this forum...it's to express our enjoyment of the game, or to make suggestions of what we would like to see implemented. We are not to make negative comments in any form about the game....I have only been playing for a couple of months but I really like the game....sure there are things I would change, I would make drop rates increase across the board, I would hire more customer service reps, so the wait isint so long...I would set the refresh rate on energy at a max cost of 400 and make it doable infinitely. I would raise the chance drops so you can actually get the maximum drop once in a while....I would give more information about what characters will be needed a few months in advance...etc etc..
    I've played a lot of these types of games and I find they are all pretty similar...you enjoy it for as long as you can then you move on to something new.....all in all this game is as good as it gets from my exp......
  • Okay so recently we’ve been trying to do our best with the game but sometimes we cant get caught up on it. So I have a solution if possible by the developers, to check out and help us help them! Many people are frustrated with it but have no fear! Here is the list of solutions I bring to help out our developers and the community!

Gear.
    Now as far as for gear what mostly frustrates people is the fact that the farming takes way too long. So my solution is to make a higher drop rate for the gear. Example: we have a 40% probability of a drop rate. We sim a total of 20 matches (which is the cap per energy even if you buy more energy) and the RGN 40% tends to use more the 60% of no drop rate; like with stun cuffs, stun guns, carbantis and holo proyectors. Out of a 20 sim matches if we are lucky we could get 5 pieces. Why not increase the drop rate to 50% or 60% (using the example I provided obviously). That way people will be able to caught up a bit more.

Another gear problem we find is that in Challenges, many of them gives us gear that we don’t use. Currently out of the 3 gear challenges, the only gear we actually use is Syringes on the AGI gear, Carbantis and Keypads on the STR gear. The rest of the gear just keeps stacking up. On the TAC gear challenge, there’s nothing people actually use, so I dont know about the others but I dont do that challenge anymore since I got to level 80 and stopped using the rest of the gear so much. Now at the Cantina table where the challenges are, there’s a character that states that he’s coming up with new challenges for you. A good idea would be to bring new challenges where you can give more gear like the Holo proyectors or stun guns whichever gear is a bit hard to farm that is not raid gear. This would be exciting for everyone since its a new challenge, something else fresh in something that has been the same for a while. Another option is to change some gear from there or add some.

Another gear idea that we could have is a system where you can exchange the gear you don’t want for credits or purple ability mats or even for energy. This could revolutionize the game in so many ways and give a huge relief to people in some other aspects.

Now another suggestion I have is the gear exchange in guilds. It would be so helpful if we can get an increase in gear we could request and no limit or increase the limit of gear one can actually donate. We’ve seen situations where people are needing desperately a gear and then a guild mate has about 500 pieces of the guild and has to donate one gear every 24 hours. This would help so much and improve the donations between guildmates.

Challenges & Events

So far we have 6 Challenges and a few set of Events that we receive monthly like the Credit Heist, Droid Smuggling, Omega Battles etc. Now a way to improve and progress the game in the positive way EA is trying, would be to increase or add a tier that would be a bit harder (to give us that excitement of doing it and winning it) and increasing the rewards.

Example: Credit Heist. We get a credit heist approximately 1 every 7-12 days. A Credit heist would improve much if either increase the drop rate of 5mil or adding a tier that is a bit harder and the amount of credits that could drop would be between 3m and 15m where the average could be 5m.

Another example I can give is with the Omega Battles. It would make us more excited to play the Omega Battles adding some extra in the rewards. Like the credits we get about 115k. They could double it to 230K. And as for the Omega’s since its the most important part. Why not make it 2 Omegas? This would help the long grind the omegas have.

Now as for the ship challenges
    The biggest suggestion with ship challenges is the Zeta. Zeta farming usually takes about 5 weeks to fully farm 20 zeta mats. So what can we do about it? Easy. Either add another tier that grants an extra zeta, increase the drop rate or give us more chance to do the challenges. This would be such innovated and helpful.

Other general suggestions for the challenges and events would be to add chances of doing the challenges and events for those who have low chances of doing so.

Guild

Some guild improvements we all would love is firstly the Daily Raid Ticket count. We’ve been having issues with it for some time and it would be so helpful to see it daily and not have to make the math. Personally I have a notebook for this where I count weekly the raid tickets and I do the math with the 50 members. I personally don’t mind doing it but sometimes when I cant do it or other people from other guilds cant, it would be helpful to just see it.

Another helpful idea for the guild would be a chat area where the officers can personally message a guild-mate in-game and they get the notification. Since we all play the game it would be much easier for officers to contact them and help them.

Another useful idea for guild would be for those who do 600 tickets to give them the opportunity to collect more Raid tickets and hold them up to use them in other occasions or increase the raid ticket cap.

Legendary Events

A great idea for Legendary Events is based on what the Developers did where they rotates them. I would exclude the Commander Luke Skywalker Legendary Event because its a much more exclusive character. So my suggestion is to make the rotation of the next Legendary Events:
    Grand Master Yoda
    Emperor Palpatine
    R2D2
    Admiral Thrawn

There are two rotation systems I believe would be very helpful. The first is to rotate two Legendary Events per month, example: one month Yoda & R2D2 and the next month Thrawn and Empero Palpatine. The other rotation system can be one per month making it a 4 month rotation. I excluded BB8 since its a new character and we have only have him once.

As for Commander Luke Skywalker, I believe he should be a much longer waiting time since he’s the most powerful character in-game actually.

Ally Points

Ally Points are very handy when they come to data cards. Its a huge relieve when you get gear, credits or character shards from the ally point data card. But an even better way to would be to do some 5 to 10 ally point data cards at a time. It has become a long grind as well when it comes to getting enough and actually use them to just sit down for about 10 minutes just getting data cards open. Also I believe it would be very useful to add new characters to the data cards. It doesnt have to be Nihilus or Shoretrooper or Baze. But some other characters that have been a long time in the game like Stormtrooper, Rey, Finn, Greedo, Zam Wessel, Gamorrean Guard and so on. This will keep more intrigue on Ally Points and the Data Cards.

You can also make again an Event that involves either winning a lot of Ally Points or using them for events like the Omega Battles but instead of Omega, battle for gear.

Character reworks

Obviously we all want some characters to be much better because we actually loved them in the movies, series or comics. So since I already did a list before of characters that need rework and how they could be, here’s the list of the characters that cry for a rework:

1. General Grievous
    2. Mace Windu
    3. Clone Wars Chewbacca
    4. Cad Bane
    5. Ventress

Now as for factions there are a few favorite ones that desperately need one for people to enjoy them to the fullest. We’ve heard rumors that the Nightsisters is getting their much needed rework. However other factions that really needed, mostly for the meta are:

Separatist
    Bounty Hunters
    Droids
    Galactic Republic

New Characters

There are many cannon and non-cannon characters we would all love to see in the game. Here’s my list:

Cannon:
    1. Jango Fett
    2. Padme (Attack Of The Clones style)
    3. Mother Talzin (even though she’s rumor for the Nightsisters rework)
    4. Bosk
    5. Embo
    6. Kallus
    7. Clone Trooper Heavy
    8. Clone Trooper CutUp
    9. First Order Stormtrooper FN-2199
    10. Droidekas
    11. Darth Plagueis

Non-Cannon
    1. Revan (Legendary Event with both Jedi and Sith Tag)
    2. Darth Bane
    3. Darth Malgus
    4. Satele Shan
    5. Starkiller

New Game Concept

Now some interesting game concept I would love to bring in is Ship Raids. We’ve started to see that there’s movement on improving ships, so why not bring two Ship raids? On these ship raids we can include two new ships shards. Personally I believe the best ones for this would be Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Star-fighter and General Grievous smaller ship or capitol ship. How can we have a game where the greatest pilot in the galaxy doesn’t have his own ship? Hahaha. Also Grievous had two ships of his own. He could easily get both and it would still make him very interesting and give more fun to ships.

Another game concept that could be considered is live PvP battles. These could be done in a different way than Squad Arenas, more of a: “Oh I did everything already in the game and cant do anything else before the refreshes and bonus energy. What can I do know? Oh I know! Lets do a live PvP Battle!” This way people can stay also in game and have some fun while at it. What can we give as rewards for the live battles? What better thing than some credits? Now lets make a fair deal for that. You win? You can get 50K credits. You loose? You can get 25K credits! But no sim nor auto play. This would be a fun way to actually play with someone else and test your units! Also you can make a record of wins and losses to see how good are you worldwide.

Another interesting concept on that same idea of live PvP battles is: Live PvP Ally Battles. Where you challenge an ally and on a set date and time you guys have a fun battle to prove which one is better. Do we have to give rewards for this too? You could and make the rewards similar to the other Live PvP battles, credits of 50K for the winner and 25K for the looser.

So these are the current ideas I believe and can think of that would be completely awesome in the game. Hope that the Devs read this and let me know what they think!
  • constructive and educated input [negative] is welcomed. :)
  • Carbantis... we need more...
  • I think its funny that all the people with solutions dont work for CG...and the people that do work for CG dont have solutions, but give us more toons which makes our QoL even worse.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I know many of these things have been covered but I was thinking about the time issues. When I started it was fun and quick, now it takes ~25 hours a day to do everything (it's still fun, love the game btw). The simplest fix is less clicks. They gain the company nothing, so do away with them.

For example, when we finish/end a challenge, why doesn't it go back to the previous screen if we can't (literally) do any more challenges. If there was no redic wait lag, this would make sense, but now? Every time I make a useless click is less time I could be buying more crystals fyi...

Also, there's no reason for any wait time for most challenges etc, except arena. Let us auto all of them.

And speaking of auto, why not "instant" instead of auto, or at least some x16 speeds, especially on ships. It's so frustrating to have to wait 5m or w/e for a dumb battle, or even less for a non-ship, but still? treat it like a ticket-errrrrr- nvm, don't make us pay tickets, just make it auto

Speaking of ships, fix them plz.

Also, one of the worst part of the games is not knowing who will actually be good bc toons at g8/9/10 suck, but become great at g11/12? We need a better system then us having to search the internets constantly to see things the company has released to the youtubers.

Shops/Shards/Gear
    Please make it easier to find what we want. You did a good job combining the shops in one spot but messed up in the execution. Make everything on one screen, with just different prices whatever they might be listed. Same with knowing where ships/gear/etc are to appear. It's too random

GW jfc please let us make squads, or at least search by type. I'm so tired of having to check which gd jawa it is i picked, or if it's fost or st (bad example, but you know what I mean) Names at least maybe?

TB time issues. First, do away with the separate zones per leg of tb. Let everyone battle in one zone. Can't stand the "did we deploy in the right spot??" stuff. If it was all in one for each phase it would go quicker and be less frustrating.

And gear. of course we all hate that everyone requires, well, everything, but at least make it so if we are about to gear one thing for someone, the lower gear (like cuffs) that is needed by others pops up. It's no fun gearing someone **** and then realized you spent your lower raidhan gear or w/e.

And please change the names of the gear. And make them not all need the same. I'd much rather have the same reqs if i could understand what went where and if they were just called different things.

also, f that thrawn event. //bitter

//uber-rant. thoughts?

ps I love this game. Most time/money (hint hint devs) I've ever spent by far. so fun

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I think its funny that all the people with solutions dont work for CG...and the people that do work for CG dont have solutions, but give us more toons which makes our QoL even worse.

Yeah I love new content, but personally, I would like to see all the bugs fixed rather than anything new.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I think its funny that all the people with solutions dont work for CG...and the people that do work for CG dont have solutions, but give us more toons which makes our QoL even worse.

Yeah I love new content, but personally, I would like to see all the bugs fixed rather than anything new.

Totally agree, and would be happier about the new characters, but the game feels like we are doing chores, rather than gaming and new toons cant mask that.
  • Soooo many good ideas... just on first page... haven't read any further...

Devs you could get a monkey to throw 3 darts at any of the points @OP / @CaptainRex made and make 90+% of players happier, thus spend more $ or recommend game to friends that will eventually spend $...

Some are better than others, no doubt... but all of em hit home...

Im not whining, complaining or moping about... but give @OP's list another read.
  • Option to sell some of our useless gear we have thousands off (remember we were able to sell gear once)

or

Gear transmute.

General Kenobi needs a mk3 carbanti --> Craft one for that slot with excess gear. 1 Carbanti requires x amount of points.. Fill up the crafting tool with required amount of gear.

Example of point system
    White gear = 1 point.
    Green gear = 2 points.
    Blue gear = 4 points.
    Purple gear = 10 points.
    Gold gear = 20 points.

so 50 mk3 carbanti salvage = 20 * 50 = 1000 x (gear level multiplier) 3 = 3000 crafting points

Now put in 1000 white pieces or mix and match until you reach the 3000 points required.

Yes, initially people with thousands of gear pieces, but with the mark up increase it will not be long before people have used all spare gear.. and it will give people a reason to do the TAC challenge again for gear to transmute.

Other F2P mobile games have a system like this, why can't this one?
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • I absolutely love this game. It's been the best game I've played since I've stopped playing on xbox and pc. But is it really necessary to have us log in 5 times a day at least? We log in three different times for energy refreshes. Then we log in two extra times, one for TB start, and the other for fleet arena rewards. And both of these last logins are only 1 hour after a different login! That's really annoying. And you have to wait 10 min between challenges and arena attempts. Come on, can't you just let us do all the attempts at once? Or one right after the other? This game takes up so much time.
  • Let's try this again....

Any thoughts on how to improve TB? I suggested making a variety of battles including possibly against an AT-ST like the Ewok event or maybe against villains like Vader, Veers, or Palpatine. Sure it wouldn't be canon but neither is allowing rebels to win the Battle of Hoth.

Any fresh ideas?
  • Currently, players who are level 85, still collect do, but the XP goes to nothing.
    What I am proposing is that once you reach level 85, all of the XP that you collect can be converged into another form of store credit type currency.
    You would have a use for all XP that you gain while level 85, and it would give players an incentive to get XP at level 85.
    Thanks!
  • Currently, players who are level 85, still collect do, but the XP goes to nothing.
    What I am proposing is that once you reach level 85, all of the XP that you collect can be converged into another form of store credit type currency.
    You would have a use for all XP that you gain while level 85, and it would give players an incentive to get XP at level 85.
    Thanks!

I like it.
  • I think that the added bonuses you get from daily activities are a way of doing that (i.e. the prize box at the end, as well as the omega materials), but yes, for levels, you should get maybe a higher drop rate, more credits, less energy cost, etc. because we don't get level up energy refreshes anymore and there's nothing more to gain from levels either.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/120847/idea-for-xp-for-level-85#latest
    I made a thread about this a while ago when I first got on the forums. I like the idea of being able to turn in the XP for points and after so many points you can get something of your choice but I think that's a little OP for people at level cap
  • I would like a feature that allows me to exchange salvage pieces for the same gear in a lower tier. For example: 1 Tier 5 gear piece would turn into 5 tier 3 pieces for a small price. This might sound crazy but when you have 250 of tier 5 salvage and only 2 of tier 3, it's super annoying to have to go back and farm a lesser gear piece.
  • +1
    I have way too much low tier gear.