SWGoH Ultimate Wishlist! / QOL suggestions [MERGE]

Replies

• Yes please +2
  • YAAASSS +3
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    repost from wrong place lol:

The simplest fix is less clicks. They gain the company nothing, so do away with them.
    For example, when we finish/end a challenge, why doesn't it go back to the previous screen if we can't (literally) do any more challenges. If there was no redic wait lag, this would make sense, but now? Every time I make a useless click is less time I could be buying more crystals fyi...

Also, there's no reason for any wait time for most challenges etc, except arena. Let us auto all of them.

And speaking of auto, why not "instant" instead of auto, or at least some x16 speeds, especially on ships. It's so frustrating to have to wait 5m or w/e for a dumb battle even on auto, or even less for a non-ship, but still?

Also, one of the worst part of the games is not knowing who will actually be good bc toons at g8/9/10 suck, but become great at g11/12? We need a better system then us having to search the internets constantly to see things the company has released to the youtubers.

Shops/Shards/Gear
    Please make it easier to find what we want. You did a good job combining the shops in one spot but messed up in the (further) execution. Make everything on one screen, with just different prices whatever they might be listed. Same with knowing where ships/gear/etc are to appear. It's too random imo

TB time issues. First, do away with the separate zones per leg of tb. Let everyone battle in one zone. Can't stand the "did we deploy in the right spot??" stuff. If it was all in one for each phase it would go quicker and be less frustrating.

And gear. of course we all hate that everyone requires, well, everything, I mean, I get it, that's the money-maker, and I don't hate on money ever, but at least make it so if we are about to gear one thing for someone, the lower gear (like cuffs) that is needed by others pops up. It's no fun gearing someone X and then realized you spent your lower raidhan that gear or w/e.

And please change the names of the gear. And make them not all need the same. I'd much rather have the same reqs if i could understand what went where and if they were just called different things.

ps I love this game. Most time/money (hint hint devs) I've ever spent by far. so fun

//repost
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I'm just gonna be flat out(because this is the third time I've had to write this because of this stupid phone) Challenges suck. They just do, every single one except for ability mats and the tarkin/Veers challenge. Its a general QOL thing but this and GW( a whole other discussion) Need to be Addressed ASAP. What needs to happen is there needs to be multiple new tiers to make things interesting and more rewarding. I also had the idea of challenge events that give really awesome rewards (I.e an ability mat challenge that'll give a zeta mat or two). That's just a suggestion but I think it's a good suggestion. Otherwise I think we can all be happy once challenges are improved and GW is fixed
  • Once zeta Leia is stealthed, she automatically stealths instead of the option every couple turns. Sucks when in p4 and hit wrong button...

• ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I just want to be able do the the Days of Spring Achievement.

And what McBee said. With all of these extra toons being added lots of players are very short on credits. I will add to that also and say we need another tier.

In 13 months of swgoh i have got 5 mill only twice ever. Never 10 mill. And thats playing 2 accounts ( that i spend real life cash on both)

So esentually we are only getting 5 mill every 11days. That nothing considering we also need mod upgrades.

To expand further a Gear hiest is in order. I would be happy to swap out gear challange for it.

Last but not least the zeta drop rate is very poor. But i am going to open up a new thread about that real soon.
  • Already jotted a ton of stuff in this thread but want to re-visit some ideas which are very much based on QoL and more specifically, the time sink of this game.
    I'd just like to preface these ideas with 1 comment - I get that there's a desire to get us to login frequently and participate in the game. But many of the mechanisms utilised for this purpose are now redundant; we have more than enough reasons to login, with 2 raids and Territory Battles.
    • Re-work the free Energy rewards into 1 daily login reward. You would only need to login once per day, and would be able to claim 135 Energy and 45 Cantina Energy. The reset for this would be in line with your Daily Activities reset (e.g. midnight) and the time limit to claim the energy would be 24 hours. Energy will continue to accrue at the usual rate, meaning you'll still gain 375 free Energy and 165 free Cantina Energy per day from natural accumulation. How is this QoL? We wouldn't need to plan our lives around collecting free Energy.
    • Replace the current Raid Ticket accumulation method. Adapt the system so that for every CL85 player who is a member of the guild, the guild coffers receive 600 Tokens at the Guild Reset. The 600 contribution could be tiered by character level to prevent guilds filling up with CL1 alternative accounts. How is this QoL? Guilds are broken up all of the time because people's lives prohibit them from contributing their 600 Raid Tickets. Life happens, and gets in the way sometimes, and yet player families can suffer due to these punitive mechanics.
    • Remove all timers between Daily Challenges. How is this QoL? We spend enough time in the game during raids, TB's and GW's. We can do without an added timer to complete these activities as well.
    • Reduce the number of 'store' (Shipments, Guild, Arena store etc) resets down to 1, which would be in line with the player's Daily Activities reset. Reduce crystal refreshments of stores down to 25 for up to 5 refreshes, before increasing to 50 for 5, then 100 for 5 etc. How is this QoL? It's the cause of yet another reason to login to the game at a variety of random times, thus forcing us to plan our lives around different SWGOH resets. We don't need this. You don't need this. The Shard Store currently has a 25 crystal reset for the first 2, and that feels good, it feels like our chances of getting good rotation are strong, and the cost is easy to bear. I think you would see a lot more crystal expenditure from players looking for certain gear or shards in different stores with a lower price, which can be done at their leisure within a 24 hour period.
    • Reduce Arena and Fleet PVP timers. The timer I would go with would be equal to the maximum duration of a battle (e.g. 5 minutes for Arena). How is this QoL? Most players hit the Arena or Fleet PVP in the hour running up to their payout time. They want to be able to consecutively blast through all the players who've notched them down the table. The current timers just restrict this. Keeping at least a 5 minute timer in the case of Arena still affords an opportunity for players to spend crystals to make an even faster ascent should their battles be shorter than the maximum duration. But more generally speaking, that period of activity can be slightly reduced when it counts, again reducing the time sink burden on a player.
    • Eliminate the 'refresh' button on Arena and Fleet PVP and just allow players to pick their opponent from the highest rank available to them. How is this QoL? It would make PVP a little less cumbersome. Let's face it, we'll eventually get the opponent we want with refreshes, but they cost us valuable time (and presumably there's a cost in SWGOH server resources) and it's just not necessary.

I think that implementing these measures would reduce our time sink in the game in such a way that:-
    • A casual player could realistically make do logging in once per day, but would still be inclined to find time, at their leisure, to login more frequently to take advantage of accumulated Energy
    • Players would also need to login to participate in Raids and Territory Battles - the former of which will be set by guilds and as such, will generally be at times which work for their members
    • No-one would need to stress about SWGOH taking over their lives, missing out on certain time-sensitive resets etc, or getting booted because they haven't spent enough Energy on a given day

And lastly I refer to my very first point once more: we spend more than enough time in this game. You really don't need us logging in any more than we already do - especially with the TB content. A full guild will be raiding almost every night, on top of a TB, and on top of all of the other activities we need to complete to be competitive. That's enough, it really is. Please give it some thought.
  • Not so much a QOL update but little things that should of happened already.
    - price change on Shore and Kren. I'm not sure if the specifics on this but I'm pretty sure they have been released long enough to drop the price of crystals to shards on them. (Please let me know if there are others.)
    - Gear requests in guilds. Tank rewards cannot be requested but those pieces to bring a toon to g12 can. The g12 pieces are the focus right now and the "hot item" allow tank rewards to be requested.
    - anymore that I am missing please provide it below.
  • You know this is going to get merged, so why didn’t you just put it in the qol mega? It’s not like they are listening anyways....
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    You know this is going to get merged, so why didn’t you just put it in the qol mega? It’s not like they are listening anyways....

Ha. They read though. And I love to talk. And I don't think this constitutes as a qol.
  • Bronzium packs are a huge pain in the neck....why can't we buy and open multiple packs at one time??? Why are you making us spend time on mindless stuff? Please, please, please at least get rid of the things that make us resent the game!
  • QoL - Mods answered some questions.

I understand most are volenteers. Thats great that people give their time. Mods should be paid.

There is never any answers to questions. It is super frustrating.
  • What we really actually need that is seldom mentioned but should be a no brainer is

An Inventory page- so we can look at all the stuff we have in 1 spot.

Gear. Mods. Abillity mats

99% of games that have similler to gear have these.

How is this QoL ? Makes for more efficiant management of resourses and a big time saver in doing so.
  • Is SWGOH suffering the Spaghetti code syndrome? that bugs and glitches or QOL updates take centuries to arrive?
    For example during the TB introduction videos we saw the status effects stacking by numbers. On the recent Talzin video that feature wasn't present was the idea scrapped or its to difficult to implement because of Spaghetti code?
  • As a software analyst, but fixes and QoLs are often pushed to the back of the line. As for this specific bug/ update, I dono if you’ll ever get an answer
  • Skokolino
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Revamping daily character challenges -
    Put stun mk3 sienar holos, cuffs and/or stun guns mk5 in daily challenges. Increase magic max number (7) which I've seen only on picture to 10 and make usual drop (3 60% -4 25% -5 15% of time in my case) to 5-6-7 on max tier ... So we can get 25-35 cuffs / holos/guns per challange.

You will make huge player base more satisfied in one hand, but as mentioned items are needed in huge quantities you will not cut off or reduce income through p2p player base in the other hand.

Revamping Assault battles rewards -
    specific assault battles occur every few months so instead of giving 3-5 of something bind specific piece of needed gear (mk3 holoprojectors & cuffs, mk5 guns) to one assault battle and give it in 10-15 quantities.
    For example I got today 3 mk8 Blastech weapon mod from Bonus tear AB:GW... which is such a disappointment not because I got that piece but because I completed Bonus tier and got only 3 !! Lower gear such as mk8 Blastech and others should come in quantities 20-30 as this AB wont come for few months. It would give me satisfaction because I would feel I am properly rewarded for Bonus tier completion.

GW - awards are all right I feel because it gives us steady source of gold income and ship credits. Though I am not touching GW balance here only rewards.

TB - is allright but as we progress more and we bring more characters to G12 more event credits will be needed. I hope new GvG will address this issue.

Zetas, Omegas and mats - Game is progressing and more and more characters are added and will be added to game ... With new characters new Zeta abilities come as well. I am not saying give us like 100% increase in Zeta drops ... But lets say Omega Battles are revamped into Supply battles?

Why? Character mats and ship mats have separate challenges and this battles should bind both mats groups together as it is chance to help players with getting that mats right?
    You keep same concept but add additional tier where you can score additional 6 purple mats, 1 omega mat and 1 zeta mat. Also put max refresh cap for last tier to 3 with some hefty crystal prices. So if someone wants to have additional zetas and omegas should be ready to invest 1200 - 1500 crystals per refresh.

This battles occur 6 times a month so you would increase our zeta income through this challenge by 36- 54 purple mats, 6-9 Zetas per month and 6-9 more Omegas.

Ship Mats challenge -
    Put in 1/2 possible sims/battles in ship material challenge 1 zeta mat as guaranteed so if I am really lucky I can score 4 zeta mats from mat challenge but If I am completely unlucky I at least get 1.
    Why should I get anything if I am unlucky? Because I experienced (so have others) in last 3 months periods of time like 3 weeks long without single zeta mat scored from challenge but I have never experienced 3, 2 or even 1 week of pure luck and got 12 zetas in a week . It is frustrating , makes people rage, quit and general feeling about game is more negative but it shouldn't be . Credit challenge is okay if you add some ship credits to Omega battles so is training droid challenge .

• Migux7 wrote: »
    Is SWGOH suffering the Spaghetti code syndrome? that bugs and glitches or QOL updates take centuries to arrive?
    For example during the TB introduction videos we saw the status effects stacking by numbers. On the recent Talzin video that feature wasn't present was the idea scrapped or its to difficult to implement because of Spaghetti code?

Oh banished to a Thread with 0 context in relation to my post.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Phew.
    Drop rates, toxic forums, switch & baits, unrealistic current grind, & player base feeling down (majority).
    EA/CG, give us some good news, something wonderful and free, so a breathe of fresh air rages through all the current feeling around the game we all love, and lots pay handsomely to play....please?
    Shock us with the generosity. *edit* or sheer scale of the GOOD news
  • What?
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    What?

What do you mean what?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Sundodger
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I would like to see guild activities have a max, at least for GW (24 max). having to save 2 days worth and then run the 3rd day prior to guild reset for max rewards is annoying
  • My number one thing in my wish list right now is a clear all mods option! I hate reworking my mods cuz of how long it takes to clear them all!
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My only requests,

QoL:
    - multi redemption of ally points, whatever system is easiest (probably a scroll bar like the other functions)
    - Multiple chat windows in guild, one for general, one for officers/leadership, one for announcements
    - Personal messaging function to any player
    - Sell / exchange extra gear. I miss the old selling of gear. Not a lot of reward, but it helped in a credit crisis when I had tons of extra stuff to get rid of.
    - This one is weird: character shard drop-rate percentages. However that works with RNG. I hate seeing 0/5 Shards on a guy with only one node to farm on. Percentages make it more likely to spend crystals for refresh. Much less demoralizing / infuriating.
    - Squad management from roster page
    - Mod management similar to squad setup, making preset assignments and combinations, applying a transfer system from one character to another

Preferences:
    - omega Battles, add a tier for zetas, make it super hard if you need to. Omega battles are easily won with random characters on auto.
    - Challenges, change gear or add a tier for useful equipment
    - Raid rewards, remove all challenge gear, raid gear should be raid-exclusive (should not even be farmable from Hard Mode Nodes)
    - raid stats, please include everyone's name, gray out those that did not participate
    - guild management, add the following filters: Galactic Power, fleet Arena rank, seniority (length of membership)

Thank you for your time and consideration.
    - Zach
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • ICEMANPYROMANIAC
    30 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Make the bronze pack have a 3 tier buy option , with each tier costing more ally points but also getting better rewards.
  • Make the bronze pack have a 3 tier buy option , with each tier costing more ally points but also getting better rewards.

Interesting! I once proposed that bronziums should give you the chance to unlock literally anything. Zetas, raid specific characters, a full set of cuffs...
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Chagoth
    265 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I love using Imperial Troopers. So any Trooper that isn't playable but is in the game are the ones I'd like to see added as playable toons:

Sandtrooper Commander - an alternate for Veers.
    Sandtrooper
    Stormtrooper Recon
    Stormtrooper Commander - another alternative to Veers.
    Snowtrooper Commander - yet another alternative for Veers.
    Snowtrooper Ops
    Scout Trooper

Frankly, that's what I want to see most in SWGOH.

• NemesisIIYou
    24 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    1) Gear conversion for the thousands of un-used pieces gained from daily challenges.
    2) ...OR update daily challenges to drop gear we do need, or allow a selection that we can choose from for daily challenge rewards.
    3) GW node 12. Nuff said there.
    4) A way to name mod sets, and switch a set from one toon to another with a click of a button.
    5) Add a drop-down option to view/ rank each member's GP in guild section.
    6) Fix daily raid ticket counter to show correctly in guild section.

Thank you for increased credit heist and droid smuggling frequency! So many new toons that we can't keep up otherwise.
    Post edited by NemesisIIYou on
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    Two words: Porkins
  • A dictionary of all Buffs and Debuffs in game for those who are new and those creating new characters.
  • Increase the Carbanti drop to 7, add Stun Cuff and stun gun to the daily challenge