SWGoH Ultimate Wishlist! / QOL suggestions [MERGE]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    No more challenge gear in TB or Raids. Please.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So many good ideas in here. Some things I haven't seen mentioned:

MODS: Coming up through the ranks, it seemed necessary to upgrade many Mk V "A" quality mods as soon as I was able to farm them. Now that I'm topped out, I'd really like the ability to see which of my L15 mods were originally A-E quality at L1. Once you upgrade to L15, they're all E, losing the ability to see where they started.

CANTINA ENERGY: There is far too much importance on Cantina Energy. Aside from the #1 absurdity of gear (Stun Cuffs, Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc.), this is easily #2 on the list of most absurd things in this game. Mods are critically important to topping out your best characters, and cost CE to farm. And without going through the entire list of special events, there has to be somewhere around a couple dozen characters (if not more) required (many at 7*) to participate in them and get the full possible rewards. The requirement for character shard farming and Mod farming through the Cantina is a monumental choke point inhibitor. in lieu of creating an entirely new credit/token channel so that Cantina Nodes and Mod Challenges can be independent of each other, increased character shard reward volume on Cantina nodes and drop rate of higher quality mods is essential in this space.

The grind in this game is monumental, but coming up on two full years playing this game nearly daily and still having a massive amount of farming to do is bordering on torturous, and not fun. I used to be happy throwing in my $10.99 every three weeks, and that got axed, which felt like a slap in the face to the devoted daily grinder who would get that value out of the offer. That was a Cantina Energy refresh, right there, every day. Now, it's that much harder. Thanks, EA.

I'm no whale, but I've thrown hundreds of dollars at the game over the years, and barely feel competitive. New content isn't the answer. Better access to topped out, viable characters and squads to play around with would make this game FAR more fun than it is now. I feel like by this point I should have at least half a dozen squads dialed to the hilt. I have TWO. One squad per year at a baby dolphin's pace? That's PAINFUL, and it's impossible to finish a project without it getting interrupted half a dozen times during the process to farm a character I've never started on because of upcoming new content. It's really, just, not fun a lot of times. Too much new content without the inflow of gear and mods keeping up with the pace.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Can we add letting the official forums be more organic to the list?
  • Options
    Been playing two years now. A few things...

Remove challenge gear from raid rewards

Put ALL gear into shipment rotation ( seriously its 1-3 pieces)

Allow shard donations in guilds like the current gear request

Create an Unkars Junk Shop that shows up monthly(?) and allows you to trade excess gear pieces towards gear you need

Add a squad filter to gw squad selection

Add a stun gear challenge or a stun gear heist, the amt of stun gear needed is far too overwhelming

Update bronzium characters, long overdue

Add new toons to arena, cantina, and gw rewards

• Options
    The dying of whales has just begun, as we do not see any real new content. There are only waves over waves fighting against troopers or others. GW has only 2-3 real hard nodes. They are offering new toons toons in a very quick time just to get some more bucks.

Wishlist would be easy:
    - real rewards for TBs which are also scaling with the efforts / stars
    - Rotating players to other servers in arenas to at least have a bit of competition and not only collaboration
    - Release the 6 th spot for groups to give more room for strategies and char combinations
    - Delete some less used stuff as Rancor to to reduce the daily playtime (sometime less is more)
    - Implement new levels for the challenges as we get too less materials and f2p will never get some G12 chars or some Zetas
    - Give us a Shop for Gear where you can break higher tier stuff too lower tear, or by some factor merger lower gear parts to higher ones. We have thousands of useless parts and don't get any 3 carbanatis or so on.
    - More Omegas or Zetas so that we can try to level all this stuff you implement in shortest time. We get 2-3 more Zeta abilities on old and new chars as we need to farm for one.

If the main focus is only how to get more dollars the effect could be another one.
    Some of the wales I know who left the last weeks would make a decrease of about 6 - 10.000€ less a moth for EA. (And I only know a few guys in game)

Its up to CG / EA if they want to earn a lot in the future. Otherwise I would expect a huge drop in the Return On Investment for EA.

Cya all soon in the galaxy and may the force be with you.

Cirrus

• Options
    1. Stop with the 7-330 drops: it's insulting and disrespectful to people paying hard-earned money. Sell things straight or make the gamble more meaningful. €50 buys a real world AAA game: here it buys little to nothing.
    2. Stop churning out new characters when current ones need improvements, such as the obvious General Grievous, a battle-hardened, Jedi killer that in this game can't even kill an obviously weaker character.
    3. Stop pitting blatantly higher level teams against clearly lower level teams: I have nothing, absolutely nothing that can defeat a fully zeta'd opponent. It's highly demotivating, thus completely uninteresting.
    4. Stop making certain events like Endor Moon so extremely difficult at the first phase: a first phase should be doable by the majority, then the later phases doable only by the minority or those equipped very specifically. Again motivation: why play a game that you have nothing with which to win?
    5. Stop making gear so hard to get: even level 7 to 8 can be tiresome, but 8 to 9? A very long process. Even if you get one, just one character from gear 8 to 9 in a few weeks, there are still another 20, 40, 50 whatever characters to do the same for. This isn't reasonable, it's again demotivating, thus tiring and dull.
    6. Stop thinking this game is F2P, it isn't. It takes hours per week of people's time to get even a little progress. Reward determination even to the F2P players. Without these guys you would lose a dramatic part of your player base: the people you are making this game for. But most of all, give more reasonable rewards to those who do pay your salary.
    7. Be careful: it takes a moment to uninstall this and tell your friends why you did so. Do not think you control us, you don't. We keep you in business, not vice versa.
  • Options
    I got my last drop from a zeta challenge in September. Maybe that drop rate could be increased a bit, or prevent such outrageous cold streaks. My sense of humor is running thin.
  • Options
    Return the 100 crystal a day option. That was a nice subscription like tool with a built in Cantina refresh for 21 days.
  • Options
    One annoying little thing is refreshing arena 50 times to get that best jump (say 14 to 9) only to get trigger happy and press it again when you finally see the 9 place pop up
  • LukeDukem8
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I got my last drop from a zeta challenge in September. Maybe that drop rate could be increased a bit, or prevent such outrageous cold streaks. My sense of humor is running thin.

This has been especially brutal and disheartening knowing your next zeta character is on pace for 5 months or longer, meanwhile there are others that are getting 3 to 5 per week. I really hope they address this, especially when every character is getting 2 to 3 zeta abilities. I almost dread now seeing the challenge, b.c i know the odds are against me even getting 1.
  • Options
    I have many issues that I wish to raise, and I hope to do so in a productive matter and perhaps get more developer response or at least a conversation around the office.

Again, this is meant to be productive and if it comes across as ill willed it is not intended to be. And a note to the developers: I love this game! Its genuinely fun and I think yall are doing well with it! No other game holds my attention day after day and will for much more! Coming up on Nov 30 will be my 2 yr anniversary!

That being said many issues I would like to state:

1. I am an Apple iOS user and will continue to be. Why are there so many events around one operating system such as the google play cards with rey shards. I am a paying customer and would like a chance to partake in this event.

2. The character release cadence: On Feb 8th the following was added to the developer news https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence and I have been disappointed that some characters are not being released yet when it clearly says 4-6wks to the chromium packs and so on so forth. I am not trying to be upset by this but why state this and not follow it. We all understand that CLS and Thrawn and R2 are in a different category, but wicket etc

3. Why is a legendary event like thrawn and R2 coming back at such frequent intervals? If truly legendary I would expect a once a year.

4. Credit Heist https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/65505/credit-heist-droid-smuggling-schedule-info
    Why say its on a weekday and then just randomly put on a weekend? Why have it be random at all.

5. Can we consider putting new release of characters to arena and GW store. Seems stale there and seems that most go to cantina or ship currency. I think we have plenty to spend ship currency on.

6. Zeta Drop rate. Any chance we could get three attempts on the ship challenges or a guaranteed one zeta material with chance of two? With zetas no longer exclusive and becoming widespread and some characters with three, an increase in long term zeta material farming would be helpful.

7. What happened to the weekly updates? I really enjoyed getting an update. And I mean a thoughtful update summarizing the plans the outlook and the weeks activities. It was a highlight that I looked forward to. (All except the one with just a trailer for rogue one)

I am really echoing a lot of McMole's thoughts he had in the video but I think it should be echoed.

Thoughts on any of this?
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    Hello
    EA if your reading I hope you take the following suggestion into consideration.
    So my suggestion is that a new table be put in the game for veteran players. To unlock the table your character must have acquired 50 toons. Once the table is unlocked there should be a store for farming toons required for events. Like first order toons needed to get bb-8, empire toons to get r2d2, new hope toons except raid Han and r2d2 to get cls and night sisters to get mother talzin. I only suggest this option as the current stores are becoming obsolete for veteran players who've unlocked most of the toons in the game. Also the credits to be used in this store can be the same credits you for all other stores except territory credits and fleet credits.
    Another option for the table to offer is a trading post where you can exchange pieces of gear to get rarer gear pieces. I'm sure there's a lot of us out there that have thousands of gear pieces that we can't use anymore cause we've upgraded most our toons past that gear set.
    So there it is my suggestion for EA to honor those of us who've been playing this game since it began or close to it. ;)
  • Options
    Youre not veteran, if you've got 50 toons..... and making required toons for legendary events more accessible isn't the right way to unlock legendary the legendary or rare toons....
    We already have the option to use our currency from shops in wich we havent anything to collect....
    Gear change might be a good idea, but im sure i wont work....
  • Options
    50 toons is not very many. "Veteran" players already have an advantage in meeting event requirements. Why should CG give us more access?

As for gear trading post. Who exactly is going to trade Mk5 Stun Gun salvage for that gear everyone has 3000 of?
  • Options
    1. Those Android specific promos are thanks to Google paying CG kickbacks. Apple apparently doesn't do that.
    2. Which toons exactly are you talking about? I think they've followed it pretty well, and they've made it clear when they were excluding toons.
    3. No events have taken a year to repeat. I don't think the player base would stick around that long. Doesn't make sense.
    4. It's "random" ish so we don't know when it's coming. It is true they changed the rules about what days of the week. Meh, this doesn't seem like a big deal. We want more credits. They don't want to give us too much free stuff. What are you going to do?
    5. Agree they need to put more toons into the various shops, for sure.
    6. Zetas are incredibly powerful. While I'm frustrated at how slow they are to farm, I think it makes the selection of which zeta abilities to commit to a very important strategic decision. So I think it's good to keep them so hard to get.
    7. I'd rather they just give us updates when there's something to say.
  • Options
    Roahn wrote: »
    Hello
    EA if your reading I hope you take the following suggestion into consideration.
    So my suggestion is that a new table be put in the game for veteran players. To unlock the table your character must have acquired 50 toons. Once the table is unlocked there should be a store for farming toons required for events. Like first order toons needed to get bb-8, empire toons to get r2d2, new hope toons except raid Han and r2d2 to get cls and night sisters to get mother talzin. I only suggest this option as the current stores are becoming obsolete for veteran players who've unlocked most of the toons in the game. Also the credits to be used in this store can be the same credits you for all other stores except territory credits and fleet credits.
    Another option for the table to offer is a trading post where you can exchange pieces of gear to get rarer gear pieces. I'm sure there's a lot of us out there that have thousands of gear pieces that we can't use anymore cause we've upgraded most our toons past that gear set.
    So there it is my suggestion for EA to honor those of us who've been playing this game since it began or close to it. ;)

I feel like the criteria for being a "veteran player" should be much higher than simply owning that low number of characters. Also, being able to get shards that are otherwise exclusive to legendary events would completely defeat the purpose of those events.
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I agree with everything in the OP.

I'd add make the fleet challenge that grants zetas have a 100% drop of zetas. Unless you're a whale it's really hard to farm them from fleet store since there are so many toon/ship shards you need for TB and arena. Which makes the challenge the only other regular way to get zetas that doesn't require having a 7* Mother Talzin or something. If all new characters require zetas now we need some regular, predictable zeta income similar to how we have a predictable regular income of Omegas that doesn't require choosing between shards for toons we need or omegas.

As others have suggested a "gear shop" or something would be awesome to perhaps turn excess gear into gear tokens that can be used to buy needed gear. Perhaps with an exchange rate based on the quality of the gear. So grey has a very steep exchange rate of say 50:1 whereas purple/gold gear is closer to 1:1 exchange.

in general I think the drop rate of purple/gold gear needs to be increased on nods. I like others have bought two refreshes and gotten only 1 piece of the gear I need. The drop rate should be closer to 50/50 not the current low drop rate that can eat up 240 energy and give you 1 piece of gear. I get the need to grind to keep people around but there's honestly enough characters at this point that even a 50/50 drop rate will leave you with a long grind to get your entire collection to g12. Which considering that higher geared toons increase how many TB deployment points you can contribute there'd still be a strong reason for us to continue grinding once we've got our arena and raid teams to g12.

EDIT: Also related to the above give a better quantity to purchase price ratio on gear in guild stores. When you're aiming to get 50 of a raid only gear it borders on stupid to pay ~600 guild currency for 2 of the needed 50. If my raid loot box is going to give me gear I already get from challenges or can farm from nodes (ie gear I already have 100s of and makes it such that I might as well have not even gotten a loot box from the raid) at least let me buy the raid only gear for 600 currency in a quantity that justifies using half of my currency reward from the raid.

Lastly I think something needs to be done with the bi-monthly Yoda and Palpatine events. I brought those two to 7* months ago so I no longer care about those events showing up and it leaves a dead zone in my events when that's the only thing scheduled for those days. So I propose taking the other Legendary events (R2, Thrawn, BB8, Chimera etc.) and integrating them automatically into the bi-monthly schedule. So if you've got Yoda it automatically activates R2 instead, if you've got Yoda and R2 it activates BB8 etc. etc. Or failing that add a new Zeta event that replaces Yoda and Palps once you 7* them.
  • Options
    I think this is a terrible idea. If you were going to do it I would say every character has to be unlocked. Which means you'd be booted off when. A new character came out. Until unlocked. Thus would add to there revenue. Which ea would like. Every whale would buy what ever character came out. Just to stay on table. More money for ea means I get to play for free longer.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. If you were going to do it I would say every character has to be unlocked. Which means you'd be booted off when. A new character came out. Until unlocked. Thus would add to there revenue. Which ea would like. Every whale would buy what ever character came out. Just to stay on table. More money for ea means I get to play for free longer.

Most veterans player remember that they used to let us sell our extra gears.
  • Options
    That was a long time ago.
  • Options
    @ProximaB1_ sorry meant to quote Roahn.
  • Options
    Three important things:

1 - Mod management

2 - Mod management

3 - Mod management
  • ProximaB1_
    1093 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    They can't let you sell your useless gear anymore everyone has to much of it. If they gave you credits for it you'd never have to worry about those again. Why would ea want that.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I absolutely love this game and have def spent a lot of money on this game. Thank you to the Devs for this. But the one thing that is becoming more and more difficult as this game advances and progresses is to make time to play. Also Arena def needs fixed in the sense that we are pigeonholed into a time slot of music chairs until payout time.

I don’t get why the challenges start on cool down. If we could sim them immediately that would be awesome. Same for the Training Droids and Credit Heists events (could use way more Credit Heists over Training droids as well). It’s silly that we have to be on this app over an hour a day to get our dailies done.

We should be able to get everything done in 30 min if we had to everyday without cool downs and add incentive options to those that want to play every mission or mode (more credits, a chance at a shard for a character, etc)

Arena. While I do enjoy Arena I shouldn’t be pigeonholed into playing musical chairs until payout and risk being sniped or what not because I work late or whatever.

Rewards should be where your best position was within the 24 hour timeframe as opposed to a specific time not everyone can meet. Busy people love Star Wars but it shouldn’t dictate our entire day and setting alarms to try to meet criteria to help their guild.

If you have beaten it several times it should be able to be simmed and cooldowns removed. That’s my two cents. If I have to invest hours into this game I’m going to have to give this game up. Some of my other SWGOH buddies feel the same.
  • Options
    100% agreed
  • Options
    There are a lot of things I'd like to see in this game. One of the things I've wanted for quite some time is the ability to replay pvp battles from the past. I feel like it would be a great way for people to test teams without ruining their arena rank. As of now, if a player wants to try a new team in arena, he's gotta risk his arena rank if something doesn't work out. I'd like a feature that removes that, allowing you to test teams that beat you in the past. It would make the game a lot funner
  • Options
    We should be able to get everything done in 30 min if we had to everyday without cool downs and add incentive options to those that want to play every mission or mode (more credits, a chance at a shard for a character, etc)
    This won't happen, because that's the exact opposite outcome from what EA wants. They want you to spend more time in game, not less. Any time you are not playing the game is time that you are not spending money on the game. Those cool downs are specifically designed to get you to play more times per day and for a longer amount of time. Not that I think it's a terrible idea, it just doesn't make sense to make this change from their point of view.

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Why does it take you an hour to do dailies ? X2 arena and cool down inbetween.. 1 fleet... the rest is just clicking a few buttons
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    6. Zetas are incredibly powerful. While I'm frustrated at how slow they are to farm, I think it makes the selection of which zeta abilities to commit to a very important strategic decision. So I think it's good to keep them so hard to get.

I don't see a problem with them being slow to get. I think the problem is that it's too RNG dependent right now with the fleet challenge. Fleet store IMO doesn't really count as a viable zeta source until you've 7* everything there for TBs. So if that's supposed to be the source for zetas it's basically an arms race between vets who have been there from the start and new players will basically never get a chance to compete with those players unless they become whales.

It appears with the sudden prevalence of zetas on all new characters new features will likely be oriented around having zetas on your top characters in order to offer vets some degree of a challenge. But with zeta farming being very RNG isn't, IMO, good for long term health of the game as it puts up entry barriers for new players they can't realistically hope to catch up with. New players won't stick around if they feel they can't contribute in guild events etc. because they realistically can't hope to get the zetas needed to meaningfully participate. This could be a real problem with guild vs guild if you lack a deep collection of zetaed characters, like with impossible GW nodes no one likes loosing because they never had a chance at winning.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    1. Those Android specific promos are thanks to Google paying CG kickbacks. Apple apparently doesn't do that.
    2. Which toons exactly are you talking about? I think they've followed it pretty well, and they've made it clear when they were excluding toons.
    3. No events have taken a year to repeat. I don't think the player base would stick around that long. Doesn't make sense.
    4. It's "random" ish so we don't know when it's coming. It is true they changed the rules about what days of the week. Meh, this doesn't seem like a big deal. We want more credits. They don't want to give us too much free stuff. What are you going to do?
    5. Agree they need to put more toons into the various shops, for sure.
    7. I'd rather they just give us updates when there's something to say.

1. Isn't that an issue that makes the a large portion of the player base left out?
    2. Ewoks
    3. They are billing the legendary events as a once a year or biannual event when in reality it comes back once every other month or three months
    4. I agree with this but I don't get why they even set parameters
    6. A bottleneck may be good and helps limit player's rapid expansion, I just love to enhance the characters and if a large volume of content, i.e. ships and characters are in the ship currency then enhancing the drop rate from challenges helps gain some of the other content
    7. I think all my issues really come down to communication. If they drop a line on Friday stating "TB going well although we have reports of a freeze up bug that we are working on, no ETA yet. Get ready for Guild vs Guild, no date yet for this but we hope to have it live in 2018. etc' that is fun and gives the player base something to work with