Why shoretrooper?

Prev1
Shore was the first released R1 character, he got released in the same way as baze (tournaments) , why he's still at premium price (80 per shard) while baze got reduced price more than a month ago?
hope I get an official answer from a dev or someone

Replies

• Cuz he's awesome
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Cuz he's awesome

+1
  • Heyas,

I don't have an answer for this specifically, but I do know they are constantly reviewing and updating. I'll throw this suggestion at them. Who knows what this winter will bring...?

Tks!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Omeah wrote: »
    Is he a Rebel?

This, so hard.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Heyas,

I don't have an answer for this specifically, but I do know they are constantly reviewing and updating. I'll throw this suggestion at them. Who knows what this winter will bring...?

Tks!

Thanks for your reply!
  • Shoretrooper is waaaay weaker then baze. Im kind disapointed- I invest a lot in him and he is just so weak... health and protection on gear xi around 90 000 but he is dead before he can heal...
  • ^This. I've recently spent the money to get him to gear 12 just to have him in an empire team, but he seriously needs a rework as Baze, and GK make him useless. Just slight tweaking. Shoretrooper should be comparable (if not better!) considering he has lived his life thus far behind the paywall.
  • I finally seven star mine, so it will get changed soon. Don't worry.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ahem... Krennic ... cough

Edit: Shoretrooper is (probably) the best tank in the game. 7*ing him was very satisfying. And, yes the purse strings need to be loosened on him a bit, it’s been long enough.

And Krennic.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It's a combination of status, achievement, and them just forgot about it.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Shoretrooper is waaaay weaker then baze. Im kind disapointed- I invest a lot in him and he is just so weak... health and protection on gear xi around 90 000 but he is dead before he can heal...

Put him together with Stormtrooper. With Shore functioning as an off-tank (support style providing crit hit immunity) and Stormtrooper gains a ton of defense from his unique and the buff he provides.

And don't be so disappointed of Shore, he is significantly better than Baze as of now. I used to run CLS, Thrawn, Nihilus and Chaze - honestly I hated chaze. Without crit hit immunity, Leia & Han were absolutely destroying Baze and anyone else to hell..

The same second I unlocked GK and replaced Nihilus with him, the crit hit immunity made Baze a super tanky tank you just can't kill. GK made all the difference, but still I've got rid of Chaze because CLS oneshots chirrut and baze is useless by then.

Chaze is like the easiest squad to beat atm, it was the target of our shard until everyone got rid of them.
    Heyas,

Who knows what this winter will bring...?

Tks!

oh-em-gee... these subtle riddles leave us waiting in suspense!
    giphy.gif
  • Rogee wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Heyas,

Who knows what this winter will bring...?

Tks!

oh-em-gee... these subtle riddles leave us waiting in suspense!
    giphy.gif

Honestly not trying to be a hater or a naysayer but little hints, riddles, and hype were pushed for flash events as well.
  • Honestly not trying to be a hater or a naysayer but little hints, riddles, and hype were pushed for flash events as well.

A hater would say doubt that hints were ever given. But you know... you know winter is coming!
    Heyas,

Tks!

winter is coming......

woah!!!!!!!!!!! hold on a minute! you mean the night walkers and night king is coming? i thought this is star wars lols =)
  • Shoretrooper is amazing and insanely hard to beat if you're using the right squad synergy. Problem is most ppl try to plug him into a rando DS team and hope he's gonna perform like Chaze, cuz chaze you can just plug in wherever and they're just as good. Don't need that squad synergy like Shore does.
  • LS / DS bias - it's real. This is the clearest example of it. DK and DT STILL premium priced and Chaze has been cheap for much longer than a month. With territory battles and the current state of arena effectively lopping off the Dark Side toons you're better off farming baze in shipments than Shore anyway.
  • Premium price... does this mean the 320 crystals for 4 shards yet some characters have 3 for 150 crystals?
  • A little fact checking: Pathfinder was the first R1 character, and Baze was never in tournaments.
  • poosalot
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It depends on what you need -- shore is crazy durable with the right team. Baze is the boom diggity with Chirrut, neither works well in place of the other. But shore's short cooldown heal > baze's anything.
  • Premium price... does this mean the 320 crystals for 4 shards yet some characters have 3 for 150 crystals?

Yes
    Shoretrooper is waaaay weaker then baze. Im kind disapointed- I invest a lot in him and he is just so weak... health and protection on gear xi around 90 000 but he is dead before he can heal...

That's because most people mod him wrong. He needs speed. With speed, he churns his taunt pretty quickly.
  • Would play a Song of Ice and Fire version of this game. Go buy those rights EA.

Also, when the time of the great white frost is upon is, don't eat the yellow snow..

Yes

That's because most people mod him wrong. He needs speed. With speed, he churns his taunt pretty quickly.

I started modding him for protection alone and while he got up to 92k protection his speed was a mere 134. I sacrificed some protection for speed and while he's only at 78k now his speed is 178 which after trying him in battle makes a major positive difference. Will try to get him to 190s but finding the right speed mods with protection may be hard.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I dunno maybe I just haven’t run shore with the right squad but I find him a lot less annoying then baze. He doesn’t strip my buffs.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    I dunno maybe I just haven’t run shore with the right squad but I find him a lot less annoying then baze. He doesn’t strip my buffs.

Start using Death Trooper then. He'll strip your buffs right off, then get guaranteed crits, heal himself, and give you deathmark while he's at it
    Heyas,

Tks!

winter is coming......

woah!!!!!!!!!!! hold on a minute! you mean the night walkers and night king is coming? i thought this is star wars lols =)
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Would play a Song of Ice and Fire version of this game. Go buy those rights EA.

Also, when the time of the great white frost is upon is, don't eat the yellow snow..

Didn't you guys know that planetos (westerns' planet) is in the outer rim?
  • Night King legendary event confirmed. First Order, Healer, Attacker, White Walker tags. "Long-distance attacker uses highly accurate strikes to turn defeated enemies into allies!"
  • Solo Baze < Shore < Chaze

A big minus to Shore is that DS isn't really viable in arena unless you outmod everyone so badly you can really use anyone and he can't be used in TB.
  • Shore is probably more in demand (don't confuse tang with "better"), because he is extremely valuable in P3 of the tank raid and is a must on empire teams. I can't think of anything Baze is a must for. He's nice to have and all, and is a great character, but I'd guess Shore is a more in demand farm.