CLS and raid han have KILLED what little viability jedi had

MaathFaselli_1
254 posts Member
edited September 2017
Since CLS came out and raid han got a rework getting 1st with a jedi team has become literally IMPOSSIBLE. I used to get 1st two out of three days at my payout but since raid han and CLS I have gotten zero 1st place finishes. Im not even going to say they need a nerf cuz it will NEVER happen all i'm going to say is that they should at least make jedi viable again. I have run all sorts of different combos using zQGJ, zzR2D2, zbarris, zoda, ezra, GK, and JKA but none hold on D and very few can actually win and even then only against the weaker CLS-raid han teams or with great RNG. And it's not just me, there used to be 5-6 jedi teams in my shards top 50 but now there are 2-3 and all but me are 35th+ (I hold in about 5th-20th). Is there any ppl who run jedi out there who have found a way to reliably beat CLS-raid han teams or has CLS and raid han truly executed order 66?
Post edited by MaathFaselli_1 on

Replies

• This is true for everybody. Unless your run Luke, GK, or Rex, it’s almost impossible to compete. The whole arena is out of whack and the arena has become a complete joke.
  • When you refuse to run something that is not in your comfort zone...be prepared to drop in arena.

Id rather use Palpatene, Nihilis, Kylo, Maul and Sith Assassin not only cause they are fun to play...but they look awesome all cloaked in black. But i know that if i was to use that team id be kicked out of the top 10 and beyond into the bottom 200.

Thats just how the game is...its not about "your" favorite team being the best and beating the best....its about picking the right team at the very meta moment if you want to stay at the top.

Just because you like your jedi, geared your jedi, love playing your jedi neccessarliy means your jedi will keep you competitive.

I dont like using R2 or Kenobi...but if i want to stay competitive...then i have to use what i dont like playing.

2 choices you have....switch up your team and get better ranks...or forget about your rank, accept whatever you get at your payout and continue to play your jedi despite having a lower rank.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Or you could go empire. I am predicting a Thrawn meta on the horizon.
  • When you refuse to run something that is not in your comfort zone...be prepared to drop in arena.

Id rather use Palpatene, Nihilis, Kylo, Maul and Sith Assassin not only cause they are fun to play...but they look awesome all cloaked in black. But i know that if i was to use that team id be kicked out of the top 10 and beyond into the bottom 200.

Thats just how the game is...its not about "your" favorite team being the best and beating the best....its about picking the right team at the very meta moment if you want to stay at the top.

Just because you like your jedi, geared your jedi, love playing your jedi neccessarliy means your jedi will keep you competitive.

I dont like using R2 or Kenobi...but if i want to stay competitive...then i have to use what i dont like playing.

2 choices you have....switch up your team and get better ranks...or forget about your rank, accept whatever you get at your payout and continue to play your jedi despite having a lower rank.

I wish I could swap over to any faction I like, but being f2p it takes a long time to gear my toons to an arena viable level. Is there any non jedi counter that I could use against them that I could plug in with my jedi?

I wish I could swap over to any faction I like, but being f2p it takes a long time to gear my toons to an arena viable level. Is there any non jedi counter that I could use against them that I could plug in with my jedi?

I hate mixing toons together, but have you tried Thrawn or Darth Nihilist? Do you have General Kenobi?
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    When you refuse to run something that is not in your comfort zone...be prepared to drop in arena.

I hate mixing toons together, but have you tried Thrawn or Darth Nihilist? Do you have General Kenobi?

Yes I have GK... I forgot to put him in my post! :s
  • I haven't tried thrawn or nihilus... how can they help?
  • I haven't tried thrawn or nihilus... how can they help?

DN has dispel on basic and annihilate one shots characters. Thrawn has fracture which can put someone out for a while plus he gives protection.
  • Have you tried GK lead with zeta barris?
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @MaathFaselli_1
    https://swgoh.gg/u/nikarah/

Also...
    GK lead, zarris, ezra, DN, thrawn...should do just fine vs cls teams

Allows very fast acceleration on annihilate, and thrawn can restore DN protection.
  • @Nikarah I may try that... but will have to gear them, my thrawn is at G6 and nihilus at G10.
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Have you tried GK lead with zeta barris?

yah tried that, but got thinking last night... maybe GK lead, old ben, zarris, ezra, zzR2D2 would work.
  • Have you tried running your own raid Han? That could help too.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    Have you tried running your own raid Han? That could help too.

Ha ha very funny, also raid han under ZGJ won't be near as good as under CLS. I mean its the same exact team every single fight just with a different combo of the same 10 or so toons. Even the triple cleanse meta had more variety.