The Direct Impact of mods Switching and the Territory battles Activity correlation

Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited September 2017
Today i would like to present a critical point that would make Territory Battles more enjoyable for everyone in this game and raise the current activity.

Yes Territory Battles require much grinding we are familiar to this, but me and many others players found that is is the most time consuming because of the mod system

What do i mean by the Mod system is the way that we have to move Mods one by one. I sincerely believe that this way of doing is clearly outdated and it is just making players waste a good 3 minutes of theirs precious time. Personally the fact that i have to change mods for HAAT, TB, Arena, Rancor and Thrawn events, ewoks and etc literally every events that get added to the game, after a while it just get extremely tedious. With the addition of TB we have to use a wide diversity of faction that normally we are not using on a regular basis.

Spending 10 minutes per day switching mods over characters and characters that not enjoyable at all! We must also consider the fact that in the long term we are loosing an Huge Amount of Credit in the long run, let say :: exemple given :: 1 character so 6 sloths of mods moved one by one, is 6x 4,750=28 500 Credits for only one Character. So a full Squad would be 28 500 x 5= 142 500 credit lost by just moving the mods of arena to Territory battle in order to clear the hard battles. Now we also have to take into account the amount of time that we've lost by moving all of theses mods to the other characters which let say 3 minutes for the average players - 2 minutes for very fast players and organized ones.

SO now just to let say battle with the phoenix we've lost 142k credit and 3 minute of our time, that's extremely crazy! ... now multiply that by he number of different team composition that we have to create in order to be able to clear the fight nodes.

In The end my message is that we need a system that can link A set of mods that you choose to set together like the Squad Arena and that you can instantly switch instead of moving every mods one by one, it take too much time and it just make territory battle even more like a routine that just eat our limited time that we have to play. And also the credit price for moving every mods is just draining A tons of credit away.

And this is coming from someone who has a Decent average of high speed secondary For a F2P and i finish top 3- first every payout and i can do 16m+ on HAAT.

over 30 speed arrows and lots of total speed sets 100-115+.

https://imgur.com/a/kPRzB

https://imgur.com/a/GrQwJ

Post edited by Cloud24 on

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I completely agree.
    and this is comming from someone who never switches mods for any of the game modes.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Agreed... I want its own energy for mods too, but thats not gonna happen
  • Agree this should be a higher priority in the game's development. You have my vote!
  • I'd actually vote down on this one. I think the whole situation would be made better by making mods not movable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'd actually vote down on this one. I think the whole situation would be made better by making mods not movable.

lol, seriously?
    Imagine a 5* crit dmg triangle with a +20 speed secondary dropping from the challenges and being unable to equip said mod on any of the characters you frequently use since they're already modded, would you still think non-movable mods is a good idea?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The game clearly ought to have better mod management tools, but man you are switching mods way too much. I never switch mods anymore unless I have to. The best mods are on my arena team, and they stay there. Rancor is easy, there is no reason to switch mods for it. HAAT, we had people switching mods for the first few failed attempts and the first few successful ones, but once it's on farm, that's just unnecessary. My extra TB teams are modded with whatever I had lying around - for the waves I can't complete, lack of gear on those characters is the deciding factor, and in most cases, me getting an extra wave isn't going to make a difference in our final star count. It's just not worth the hassle and cost.

If an event comes around that I can't finish without moving mods, I will move them, but most events can be done just fine with whatever mods I had lying around (and probably stuck on those characters back when I last needed them). Maybe every other month I might need to switch mods to get through an event.
  • Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Liath wrote: »
    The game clearly ought to have better mod management tools, but man you are switching mods way too much. I never switch mods anymore unless I have to. The best mods are on my arena team, and they stay there. Rancor is easy, there is no reason to switch mods for it. HAAT, we had people switching mods for the first few failed attempts and the first few successful ones, but once it's on farm, that's just unnecessary. My extra TB teams are modded with whatever I had lying around - for the waves I can't complete, lack of gear on those characters is the deciding factor, and in most cases, me getting an extra wave isn't going to make a difference in our final star count. It's just not worth the hassle and cost.

If an event comes around that I can't finish without moving mods, I will move them, but most events can be done just fine with whatever mods I had lying around (and probably stuck on those characters back when I last needed them). Maybe every other month I might need to switch mods to get through an event.

Rancor is a piece of cake for me even before without Cls. HAAT do you get 15m scores?
    Arena do you finish first top 3 everyday like i do? Why is your guild able to complete it? Because of players that actually cares

it might not be worth the hasshle for you fine.

But what about guilds that want to improve and not just be average without wasting unnecessary time because we do not have enough time.

I can do all of theses things easily but you are forgetting that this thread is related to everyone not only top players.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Cloud24 wrote: »

Rancor is a piece of cake for me even before without Cls. HAAT do you get 15m scores?
    Arena do you finish first top 3 everyday like i do? Why is your guild able to complete it? Because of players that actually cares

But what about guilds that want to improve and not just be average without wasting unnecessary time because we do not have enough time.

I can do all of theses things easily but you are forgetting that this thread is related to everyone not only top players.

Rancor: If it's a piece of cake for you then why would you switch mods for it?

HAAT: No, but switching mods wouldn't change that. I choose my priorities and since HAAT is easy for us now it's no longer one of them. I have no need to place first.

Arena: Yes. (Why is the question about why my guild is able to complete it in the arena section - I assume you are talking about HAAT here? We are able to complete it because we have way more firepower than needed now, hardly anyone in my guild is switching mods for it these days. As I said in the beginning when it was actually hard, we did switch mods.)

You said that you spend all this time/credits switching mods. That's what I was responding to. But even for non-top players, they really need to engage in a cost-benefit analysis. If switching mods all the time is expensive and a huge hassle (which it is, and which I agree it shouldn't be), then is it really worth whatever marginal benefit you are getting from it? Chances are in many cases, the answer to that question is no. That's all I'm saying.
  • This would be an excellent QoL update. Switching mods for TB or anything else is boring and time consuming.

Maybe creating mod templates you can switch from character to character with a click would help to solve this.

• Liath wrote: »
    Cloud24 wrote: »

Rancor: If it's a piece of cake for you then why would you switch mods for it?

HAAT: No, but switching mods wouldn't change that. I choose my priorities and since HAAT is easy for us now it's no longer one of them. I have no need to place first.

Arena: Yes. (Why is the question about why my guild is able to complete it in the arena section - I assume you are talking about HAAT here? We are able to complete it because we have way more firepower than needed now, hardly anyone in my guild is switching mods for it these days. As I said in the beginning when it was actually hard, we did switch mods.)

You said that you spend all this time/credits switching mods. That's what I was responding to. But even for non-top players, they really need to engage in a cost-benefit analysis. If switching mods all the time is expensive and a huge hassle (which it is, and which I agree it shouldn't be), then is it really worth whatever marginal benefit you are getting from it? Chances are in many cases, the answer to that question is no. That's all I'm saying.

you don't get it for the points earlier.

But other than that the margin that you would gain from that is an huge one, have you ever heard of cumulative effect?

• If your whole guild is spending that much time moving mods, then you are mismanaged or reaching too high on TB. Raids are a team effort, not a race to the biggest score. Get your rewards, and spend your time farming, your scores will get bigger naturally.
    If you HAVE to do big damage because you carry your guild and that's why you move mods so often, you need a new guild. My guild gets more TB stars than our gp suggests, that's from officers properly directing efforts, not from something as tiny as mod swapping.
    Sorry you're having trouble with mods, but spending more time building your roster will negate the need to move your mods. Useless toons that get built add more to TB than people think.
  • Cloud24 wrote: »

That escalated quickly.

I agree there needs to be a better way to swap mods.

I also agree with the sentiment that mod swapping is mostly a waste of time and resources. I haven’t been out of the top 3 in I can’t even remember how long. Rancor is easy. I’ve been in a guild that can complete haat since it came out. We’re obly 1.5 mil away from 42* in TB already. I know that some people swap mods between teams to inflate their scores, but you know what? I don’t have time and the credits are better spent elsewhere. Mod swapping will help lower level players more than it does top end. But here’s the thing, as I and others have already pointed out, it’s a waste of resources and as such those resources will be better spent for lower level players improving other areas. I’d rather spend the credits to buy and level new mods than continuously move mods around. Makes more sense to me to do it that way.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I do agree with @Liath, but if they finally upgraded mod management i might start switching mods again. Currently is it's way too much of a hassle and i do fine without switching mods. Maybe it's worth if for others with different mods, roster and guild, but i'm fine with 109 waves (5/6 phoenix, 2/6 R1) and usually top3 hAAT.