Should I level up my characters or get 7* on them?

The mining nerf really messed up my steady progress. I am level 64 and my current team is:

63 6* G8 Sidious (Have 100 shards to get 7*)
63 6* G7 Luminara (Have 100 shards to get 7*)
63 6* G7 Kylo (Have 100 shards to get 7*)
63 6* G7 Phasma (Just started collecting for 7*)

A few more random synergy/subs at level 60+ with 5-6* G7. I currently only have 60k credits. I would need to save up 2 days worth of credits to make 7* but I am gaining a new level every 2 days as is. If I save up for the 7* for any of my guys, I will fall behind 2 or more levels.

Do you think it is better short term to spread out my credits and buff all of my characters, or should I focus on getting my 7*s? If so, who should I go with first?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• FirstOrder66
    129 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's all about the stars. I felt naked when the curtain dropped, and I was left standing there with my 4* characters among all the 7*'s.
  • Options
    You should level up all your heroes. 7* is over-rated. Having a deep and balanced roster= winning Galatic Wars every day. That's better than getting 7* heroes which are a sham and a rip off. 1 million to promote, 185 shards to get from 5 to 7*, etc. Just get to 4 stars, gear well, and have all your heroes at level 60. Then Galatic Wars is easy.
  • Options
    Not sure if it's the BEST approach, but I've been focusing on 6-10 toons keeping level high and starring when it becomes available. Fair pretty well in GW most days, but my Arena is challenging as hell - just a lot of high level, Hugh star players. If you fall too far behind player level with your toon levels, you will most likely be destroyed in GW. This is your primary source of credits so doing well here is crucial.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Frenzytom
    118 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Synergy > Abilities > Gears > Stars > Levels
  • Options
    You should level up all your heroes. 7* is over-rated. Having a deep and balanced roster= winning Galatic Wars every day. That's better than getting 7* heroes which are a sham and a rip off. 1 million to promote, 185 shards to get from 5 to 7*, etc. Just get to 4 stars, gear well, and have all your heroes at level 60. Then Galatic Wars is easy.

4 stars are worthless, Imo. I've got my top toons maxed, a few at 6 stars(some ready for 7,but credit crunch) and still few at 5 stars. The 6 stars are at various levels above 60, level them whenever necessary in GW. The majority of my roster are 4 stars and below, level 50s to 1.

As you can see, I'm pretty well set for Arena and GW is still easy. I use, maybe, 8 to 10 of my toons in GW. What you need is strategy in planning the toons you're going to put your efforts on. Carpet bombing all your toons to higher levels without starring them up is plain dumb. Simple reason, not all toons are created equal. Some are much, much better and some synergies way better than others. Always best to build the best team you can and keep working on alternatives.

Crippling yourself to win GW? How about strengthening yourself to achieve the same? Why be mediocre when you can be awesome, haha :lol:!?
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Frenzytom wrote: »
    Synergy > Abilities > Gears > Stars > Levels

Really abilities are above stars?