New TB Rewards

Replies

• I don't know what else we can say that hasn't been said. The TB rewards don't seem like the normal "rage against RNG" or "oh they are already reworking them and trying."

In my gut, it just feels wrong.

I'm sure we'll get a response but based on previous communications, I don't think the higher end guilds are going to like it. Hope I'm wrong.
  • I hope the 43* rewards issue is addressed today, it only effected 200 of your top players, of which most are in your top 300 collection score accounts, I don’t think that’s too much to ask. (; Seems small and I’d think that shouldn’t be hard to take care of us.
  • nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    I hope the 43* rewards issue is addressed today, it only effected 200 of your top players, of which most are in your top 300 collection score accounts, I don’t think that’s too much to ask. (; Seems small and I’d think that shouldn’t be hard to take care of us.

I'm sure they will as they should, that clearly was a bug.

What I'm worried about is that you are going to see your final rewards, then look at my guild who has 10 million less GP than yours, and realize you only got a single extra piece of salvage and 50 extra crystals. And that will be the norm. 10 million extra GP nets you an extra piece of salvage. I'm already angry for you lol.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    I hope the 43* rewards issue is addressed today, it only effected 200 of your top players, of which most are in your top 300 collection score accounts, I don’t think that’s too much to ask. (; Seems small and I’d think that shouldn’t be hard to take care of us.

What I'm worried about is that you are going to see your final rewards, then look at my guild who has 10 million less GP than yours, and realize you only got a single extra piece of salvage and 50 extra crystals. And that will be the norm. 10 million extra GP nets you an extra piece of salvage. I'm already angry for you lol.

I’m actually fine with the new reward structure, we just want back what we didn’t get due to the bug. Our officers have everything really organized, so I only spend maybe 15-20min tops on TBs a day, so the rewards are ok with me. Think the fact that it lasts for 6 days makes people feel likes it’s longer or that they put more into it, but really it isn’t that much time spent actually playing.
    Strubz wrote: »

I’m actually fine with the new reward structure, we just want back what we didn’t get due to the bug. Our officers have everything really organized, so I only spend maybe 15-20min tops on TBs a day, so the rewards are ok with me. Think the fact that it lasts for 6 days makes people feel likes it’s longer or that they put more into it, but really it isn’t that much time spent actually playing.

For you. For your officers it's considerably more.
  • I remember Hrancors back in the day with Teebo taking up to 2hrs, there is no way I used up that much time over 6 days in a TB.
  • nfsseb1978
    48 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    The rewards are actually really good for only 1.5-2hrs of game play total over 6 days. Not even gonna mention HAAT, first couple months of that were brutual and TB payout is better comparibly when accounting for time spent playing.
  • Muaddib wrote: »

For you. For your officers it's considerably more.

I understand that and I believe they are going to address that soon, in there last update or two they specific spoke about addressing how much time leadership spends, so I’m sure that will change also. Having been in leadership in the past I know first hand how much extra time they put in.
  • So did any 41+ star guild get a full drop?

I saw a lot of results at that level now and none got a full drop - so is 2nd best chance still 'no chance' or is this bugged too?
  • Strubz wrote: »

The biggest boost is the guild event tokens, which are significant.
  • JZheroes wrote: »
    29*
    x5p09k.png

Much, much better than my 41* reward with 55 carbantis IV

• Dundadarr wrote: »
    So did any 41+ star guild get a full drop?

I saw a lot of results at that level now and none got a full drop - so is 2nd best chance still 'no chance' or is this bugged too?

I think that is bugged too.
    My guild, also all guilds in my guild alliance who got 41*, none full gear.
    Shardmates who got 41*, the same: no full gear.

Previous TB at least a shardmate got full gear. This time, nobody.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    You are missing out a massive factor on the rewards system, there is a mission for 7 tokens, another one for 8, 10, 20 and 30 for each person completed, that if 50 people complete it, means 75 tokens per person, meaning 3750 total coins and the exclusive shards for ROLO, earlier that lead to another battle, the smaller the guild, the less bigger rewards it will get, so that's another.... what, 2000, maybe? 2500 more than a guild that does 32 stars...that is about another 3 shop buys for gold gear as well.
    @Strubz

I left this out of my calculation because there are too many assumptions when dealing with the special missions. Yes, higher GP guilds will be able to do more special missions eventually to yield more GP but try to factor in the time that also takes to achieve 3/3 on special missions and gearing up the toons necessary to complete them. You are saying that all the time and effort is worth an addition 2,500 tokens.

How much gearing do you need to do to complete the special missions that you don't already need to do for the combat missions? I'm not sure any, really. Especially not for the new ones they just added.

I think the devs really created themselves a no win situation with this rewards structure. No matter what they do a large group of people will be unhappy. If they create a big jump in the level of rewards from star to star, the lower level guilds are unhappy that it serves to exacerbate the already large disparity between them and the higher level guilds. If they keep the increases from star to star fairly small, the higher level guilds are unhappy that there's insufficient marginal reward for their increased work/spending/whatever. Either way the devs lose.
  • Dretzle wrote: »

The biggest boost is the guild event tokens, which are significant.

I already did the math on that in a previous post. The guild event token "boost" does not scale appropriately. 42 star guild gets 2,300 more tokens than a 30 star guild. The GP difference between the two is roughly 50 million.

That means every one million extra GP a guild achieves is netting them an extra 46 tokens. You can't buy anything for 46 tokens. Based on prices, that 30 star guild won't be able to buy an extra G12 salvage piece until they grow by 18 million GP.

How long is it going to take that 30 star guild to grow by 18 million GP? I whaled out big time when the GP stat was introduced. Over the past month+ I managed to grow my GP by roughly 350,000. That took me a full month and hundreds of dollars spent.

If every single person in a guild did that, meaning everyone has to spend hundreds, you would increase your GP by 17.5 million. Guess what? That's still not enough to get you the 800 tokens to buy an additional piece of G12 gear from the shop.

If you really take a long, hard look at the rewards and compare them against what it takes a guild to get there, they are not remotely close. Each additional star a guild manages to achieve should have SIGNIFICANTLY higher rewards.

I'm even of the mind that if you are getting 40+ stars, EA/CG should be worshiping you and allowing you to choose what salvage/reward you want. At 45 stars, they should refund you 10% of what you paid towards this game :smile: however that runs the risk of bankrupting EA.

If you achieve 46 stars, you get to be in the Episode IX movie.
  • Liath wrote: »
    You are missing out a massive factor on the rewards system, there is a mission for 7 tokens, another one for 8, 10, 20 and 30 for each person completed, that if 50 people complete it, means 75 tokens per person, meaning 3750 total coins and the exclusive shards for ROLO, earlier that lead to another battle, the smaller the guild, the less bigger rewards it will get, so that's another.... what, 2000, maybe? 2500 more than a guild that does 32 stars...that is about another 3 shop buys for gold gear as well.
    @Strubz

I left this out of my calculation because there are too many assumptions when dealing with the special missions. Yes, higher GP guilds will be able to do more special missions eventually to yield more GP but try to factor in the time that also takes to achieve 3/3 on special missions and gearing up the toons necessary to complete them. You are saying that all the time and effort is worth an addition 2,500 tokens.

How much gearing do you need to do to complete the special missions that you don't already need to do for the combat missions? I'm not sure any, really. Especially not for the new ones they just added.

I think the devs really created themselves a no win situation with this rewards structure. No matter what they do a large group of people will be unhappy. If they create a big jump in the level of rewards from star to star, the lower level guilds are unhappy that it serves to exacerbate the already large disparity between them and the higher level guilds. If they keep the increases from star to star fairly small, the higher level guilds are unhappy that there's insufficient marginal reward for their increased work/spending/whatever. Either way the devs lose.

You nailed it. But think. Who is making them money? And this is not an anti-whale comment. Mobile games need the 1% that spend big. If we didn't have whales, this game may have died out. This is one of the rare instances where I say reward the whales. Keep them fed. You don't have to totally screw over the lower guilds by any means. Yes, make the rewards between stars significantly larger. That would make it so much more satisfying for the lower level guilds when they manage an extra star. Gives them something to really work for and appreciate.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    @Strubz

You nailed it. But think. Who is making them money? And this is not an anti-whale comment. Mobile games need the 1% that spend big. If we didn't have whales, this game may have died out. This is one of the rare instances where I say reward the whales. Keep them fed. You don't have to totally screw over the lower guilds by any means. Yes, make the rewards between stars significantly larger. That would make it so much more satisfying for the lower level guilds when they manage an extra star. Gives them something to really work for and appreciate.

One thing I think they really should have done is have more possible stars with smaller jumps between them. It would make that next star seem more attainable (and therefore worth working for) than it does when you look at the results and see that you are 25m points away from adding another star in a particular territory. Even if the reward difference to the next star is large, when you are what seems impossibly far away from it you are still likely to throw up your hands in frustration.
  • Carbantis IV seems to be a real issue. Yes, maybe some toon needs them, but every kitten toon needs carbantis III. Reading page after page of people saying they got carbantis IV, ugh. And not even a full gear piece at that. Come on man.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs Are we going to get a response in this thread or will a more formal announcement be made?

Edit:

I see @CG_Kozispoon is back from mini vacation. Let us know if we should be checking here or looking for a general announcement!
    Post edited by Strubz on
    I hope the 43* rewards issue is addressed today, it only effected 200 of your top players, of which most are in your top 300 collection score accounts

I doubt this is true. I just scanned the guilds that got 43* and know that my guild has at least 15 players with higher GP than 2/3rds of those 3 guilds. We did 41*. There are "top players" outside of those who also feel like they got shafted on rewards.
    I hope the 43* rewards issue is addressed today, it only effected 200 of your top players, of which most are in your top 300 collection score accounts

I doubt this is true. I just scanned the guilds that got 43* and know that my guild has at least 15 players with higher GP than 2/3rds of those 3 guilds. We did 41*. There are "top players" outside of those who also feel like they got shafted on rewards.

43 star guilds got "the most screwed" by far. Clearly a bug. Myself and others are also arguing that even the other rewards are not enough. One guy in my guild is in the top 5 highest collection score. Try telling him the rewards were fair. Granted he's a wicked nice guy so you could tell him and he'd probably say that's fine. But it's not!
  • Anyone have screen shots of rewards at 33, 34 and 40 stars?
  • Any news on this @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs ?
  • snowhut
    290 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    What type of rewards would someone who's spent +$10k need, to validate their purchases? $100 worth? $500 worth?
  • Our guild got 32* and I am very satisfied with the rewards. Again guys the currency is more important the gear as it lets you choose what you get. Anyone complaining is just greedy

I’m not sure what it takes to get 32*, but when you start getting 40+ the time involved to make sure no points are wasted to ensure that you maximize stars is ridiculous. Then the rewards come and you have basically the same rewards as a guild with 10 less stars is frustrating. It’s would be like giving normal tank and heroic tank the same rewards.

I could not agree more, they better do something about this or EA can expect to see a large drop off of effort/$$$ thrown at this weekly event.
  • So we were told a response would be incoming today. Today, nothing.
  • Gear stll crap for me but extra credits very welcomed
  • Waiting for the weekly update
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Sorry, but is this WAI?
    UP7M8u8.png
    scunrAR.png
    rewards for 9-10, 11-12 and 15-16 stars are exactly the same

EDIT: @CG_RyDiggs would you please have a look
    Post edited by pargame on
  • It is hard to know how much people put in the one extra star when you are close to get it, but from my perspective if we did not organized anything and just went and pressed auto we would have had 1 salvage less. It is now absurd to think that we spent hundreds of hours combined for that… absurd.. Absolutely 0 reward for extra work… this is extremely discouraging.
    As always the communication on the part of CG is horrible. If I knew that I wouldn’t have spent even 1/10 of the time I invested for the last TB.
    @CG please reward people for extra effort…. Or tell us that you are not going to

PS. From guy in a guild with 41 stars!