BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• this is the first legendary event i got a 7* the first time. I wasn't too worried though, all 5 toons g11 with all 4 zetas. I'm guessing I was part of the 1% that built these guys as an arena team months ago and was happy to pull them off the bench for this. Guess its time to finish resistance and actually have a reason to use bb8...
  • Got my last few FOST shards and was able to do the 7* level. Completed it with the following: Phasma - G9, all maxed abilities except no zeta on leader; Kylo - G9, all maxed abilities except no zeta on special; FOTP - G9, level 6 abilities; FOO - G9, level 6 abilities; FOST - G8, level 5 abilities. Ran it a couple of times and had to switch some better mods on Phasma, Kylo and FOTP.....solid mods to get some speed and crit damage but no arena mods. Completed it rather easily on the first try once I did that.
  • Completed it with Zylo G10 left standing. The rest were G8 and merely cannon fodder while Zylo cleaned up.
  • Just finished this morning. 7 star on Auto, all gear 8 except Phasma Gear 7. Most abilities were level 6, one or two Omega (Phasma and Kylo). No zeta. Best Mods I could muster, mostly Health mods with some Crit damage, but by no means amazing. Levels were: Kylo 85, Phasma 83, FOST 82, FOTP 80, FOofficer 80.

It took several tries, but I made it thanks to RNG :) My winning attempt, I took out Han first. Then Rey, then Chewy, then BB then Finn last.
  • Lazerbeem wrote: »
    With Finn lead the 70 will go down extremely fast. This may or may not be better for HAAT than Rey/Pilot/R2. Time will tell.

It is definitely better for HAAT than Rey/R2. I have a guild mate who used to hit 1.2-1.3m with resistance. When he used BB-8 gear 8 or 9, he hit 5m+.

• SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    usArmyJedi wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Everybody know that the event will be back in December. BB8 will be required in *7 to unlock jedi Rey at *7.

This was my speculation as well.

Same here.... i hate CG so much for making an event that returns like every 2058 years, and all the op chars have to be unlocked using this one char.... so you have to spend 500$ on those 10-330 shard packs where, honestly, the chance for more than 30 shards is like 0.00000000000000001% ? No thanks. That is exactly why i will never spend any more money on this game

58h9wtT.png

Whale Watchers

lol
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    You'll all be sorry you don't have him when C-3P0 comes out.

Yeah they will
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Just did it with this
    Foo: both specials omegaed, 234 speed
    Fotfp: basic lv 7, 179 speed
    Kylo: basic lv6, outrage and unique lv 7, 195 speed
    Phasma: lead lv 7, 176 speed
    Fost: special and unique lv7 (these arent needed), 114 speed
    Every other skill not listed were at lv 3 or 4
    Kill order: rey, han, chewie, finn, bb8
    Stun bb8 when possible and use marching orders on fotfp, if he is dead then on kylo
    752.png
    Post edited by Fahrius on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So is this correct?

Marquee and Rogue One Events (Saxon, Nihilus, Krennic, etc) = once in a lifetime, never to return

Fleet Commander Training (Windu, Tarkin, and Ackbar) = once each per player

Legendary Events (GM Yoda, Thrawn, BB8, etc) = every 3 months

Credit and Training Droid Heists = avg 3-5 per month

Omega Battles (Hoth, Bespin, Jakku, etc) = 3 per month (cycled)

Assault Battles (Ground War, Forest Moon, etc) = 2 per month (cycled)
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Lazerbeem wrote: »
    With Finn lead the 70 will go down extremely fast. This may or may not be better for HAAT than Rey/Pilot/R2. Time will tell.

It is definitely better for HAAT than Rey/R2. I have a guild mate who used to hit 1.2-1.3m with resistance. When he used BB-8 gear 8 or 9, he hit 5m+.

Agreed. My guildmate went from 4mil to almost 8mil. Our conversation was pre-event, so at that point it was just speculation.
  • So is this correct?

Marquee and Rogue One Events (Saxon, Nihilus, Krennic, etc) = once in a lifetime, never to return

Fleet Commander Training (Windu, Tarkin, and Ackbar) = once each per player

Legendary Events (GM Yoda, Thrawn, BB8, etc) = every 3 months

Credit and Training Droid Heists = avg 3-5 per month

Omega Battles (Hoth, Bespin, Jakku, etc) = 3 per month (cycled)

Assault Battles (Ground War, Forest Moon, etc) = 2 per month (cycled)

Yoda and Palpatine switch off every other month. CG hasn't said how the other three legendaries fit into a cycle yet. Credit heists are every 6-12 days (except the 13 day In August). The General cadence for omegas and Assault battles is every other week rotating (with an open 5th week), but that has been different lately.
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    I can't believe there are people on this forum complaining about this event, it makes no sense!

If you had the farm done it was an easy and welcome new toon to add to any resistance or droid team.

Although BB8 is not exactly legendary, as TFA only was released 2 years ago - he is already a legendary toon in his own right. BB8 was the most iconic new thing that came out of TFA and everyone was talking about how he spins with his head on top of his body, since the teaser trailer early 2015.

He is brilliant and since the release of R2, I was patiently awaiting the release of BB8 and now he's here!!!

If you were lucky to have done the farm, you have a classic new toon to add to your roster, if not - like any legendary event, get him next time.

At least FO toons were released at game launch, again 2 years ago! Where Phoenix was released free to farm only a few weeks before the Thrawn event, and many people did not get him. So, no excuse for not farming FO - not to mention it was expected that FO and Resistance teams/toons would be needed to be farmed prior to the release of TLJ at the end of the year - so, 100% no excuses can be made on that front.

Therefore be happy he was released, be happy for the release of any new toon - don't moan about it.
  • Finished the 7 star BB8 with a level 66 FO squad, Gear lvl 8 + speed mods. The 6star level probably took 100+ attempts and was more challenging than the last level of the event. Had fun with the event.
  • I love little BB-8!!! He's like the one lightside character I totally enjoy. He is great!
  • Gunfighter wrote: »
    Finished the 7 star BB8 with a level 66 FO squad, Gear lvl 8 + speed mods. The 6star level probably took 100+ attempts and was more challenging than the last level of the event. Had fun with the event.
    @Gunfighter
    That's pretty impressive. I was mostly level 75 when I beat it. FOTP was gear 9, the rest were gear 8. I used mods I had laying around to beat it (well I stole a set of crit chance mods from my B2 to get FOO up to a 230 speed). Didn't even max everyone's abilities. Only Kylo had abilities over level 5 (though none had abilities below level 5). After I leveled up Kylo to 82 (only one over 75) and put some abilities on him I beat tier 6 on the 3rd try. Beat tier 7 the first try.

I'd say between the two of us we paint a pretty good picture of the actual difficulty of this event.

What level were your abilities? Did you put your good mods on them, or use what was available?
  • Any chance we get this in events? A la the other legendary esque events we have there.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Gunfighter wrote: »
    Finished the 7 star BB8 with a level 66 FO squad, Gear lvl 8 + speed mods. The 6star level probably took 100+ attempts and was more challenging than the last level of the event. Had fun with the event.
    @Gunfighter
    That's pretty impressive. I was mostly level 75 when I beat it. FOTP was gear 9, the rest were gear 8. I used mods I had laying around to beat it (well I stole a set of crit chance mods from my B2 to get FOO up to a 230 speed). Didn't even max everyone's abilities. Only Kylo had abilities over level 5 (though none had abilities below level 5). After I leveled up Kylo to 82 (only one over 75) and put some abilities on him I beat tier 6 on the 3rd try. Beat tier 7 the first try.

I'd say between the two of us we paint a pretty good picture of the actual difficulty of this event.

What level were your abilities? Did you put your good mods on them, or use what was available?

I had health mods with +speed on everyone and some potency on kylo (my arena mods) with skills maxed at level 66 so no one had omegas. For t6 if kylo didn't get a stun in I pretty much retreated because rey would 1 shot someone
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Where do we see who we'll be facing?
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    I never faced a legendary event where G8 wasn't enough

Did you get 7 star Thrawn with all gear 8 phoenix?

I had one or two gear 9, but it was very easy i probably could have done it with all gear 8. If i had to retry, it was only once.

The trick was learning their moves and using chopper instead of sabine. With the survivability chopper brings, and the extra dispel for the stormtrooper and extra taunt, gear 8 was enough, maybe just depending on RNG if who Thrawn fractured.

I managed thrawn with gear 8 phoenix sabine for the dps. Just had to restart like 50 times until ezra got to go first in final round. And got thrawn stunned. The dt without taunt only get 1 aoe in. I have really fast mods though, 2 100 speed sets and a few 80+.
  • giphy.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm struggling with FOst farm. Im F2P and using 150 crystals a day on farming
  • Everyone is struggling with FOST.
  • I am not struggling with FOST, it’s FOTP that is doing it for me, he’s at 50/100 now, hopefully I’ll complete him before we need them again

• I think I should be good. I got bb8 6* last time cuz my FOST and FOTP were only 6*

https://swgoh.gg/u/crazydread/collection/?f=first-order
  • Zylo G12, Phasma, FOST, and FOO G11, FOTP 33/100, G8, think I'm good
  • Not sure about EVERYONE, but lots of people are.
    Hard mode only farms are long and people avoid them unless the toon is known to be very good ( baze)
    I just got lucky I guess and had picked him as my hard mode for the day longtime ago.
    But any toon that has been available for that long is fair game and could be needed
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm hopeful that one of the new FO toons will be a legendary that we can get 7* Might help with the FOST farming (having said that odds are it will be stupid hard like Thrawn...)
  • Also struggling with FOST. FOTP was made easier to farm with him in the ship items. Everyone has Phasma and Kylo (or should) and FOO is cantina. FOST has a horrible drop rate for me. Been farming him consistently light and dark since the BB8 event first appeared and I'm still not even to 6* with him (had him unlocked before the event).
    Some may claim he isn't the struggle, but I think it's fair to say most will struggle to max him.
  • I’m 11/100 for fost and 17/100 for FOTP. I hope I’ll make it...
  • I ploughed a lot of resources in to FOST over last week or so its achievable I was hitting all 3 nodes then doing a crystal refresh on the hardest node that also gives you the command shuttle. Was averaging 10-15 shards a day