BB-8 Legendary Event Thread

Replies

• Options
    Did it with a G11 FOTP, G9 FOO, G8 Phasma and FOST and a G7 Kylo.
  • Options
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »
    aeaswen wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    aeaswen wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Rujedi wrote: »
    These guys on here who are beating it with g7 and g8 must be cheating

It's probably doable, just takes RNGesus in your favor.

May the sacrifice to his name begin.

No, cheating. The event is too fast. Your toons would be dead if they were geared that low. Period

Incorrect. We had a guildmate so it all gear 8. Took him a few times though. It's all rng.

Sure... I have g10/g8. 3 toons were dead before I went on the next to last phase.

ALL gear 8 and with below average gear, did it with. A few try’s.

Cool. You must have God mods then. I have better gear and 3 were dead on the next to last phase before I got to go. Tried of needing to have everything geared with no way of getting all the gear. Carbs and more carbs.
  • Options
    Muerrto wrote: »
    My point, which was clearly missed, is that there's never been an event that required 5 of 5. They should've done 3. Period. There's not anther faction that's ever been needed that only has 5 and required 5.

That's all.

CLS required a specific 5 and one was R2 who had his own legendary event to acquire him....and they all had to be 7*. For Thrawn, Phoenix Squad only became farmable a couple of weeks before that event. Both had more difficult requirements than this one. FO has been farmable for a long time.
  • Options
    Cleared it with G10: K, CP, FOO, FOTP & G8 FOST; just OK mods. I barely survived L6, but then L7 was a breeze first time through. Chalk it up to RNG & Flakbait's advice: order of attack [Rey, Han, Chewie, Finn, BB8].
    Hey - it's me!
    [Yeah, yeah - they screwed up my name - how do I fix that?]
  • Options
    IDK - FO and Res is going to be in on the new stuff for the foreseeable future. You almost have to have them. Plus, I'm just sick of Rebels, and while resistance is basically the same faction with a different name - at least we can pretend it's new.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    KChat wrote: »
    (FWIW, on Tier 7 it seems to me that they lowered the 70 cooldown for "Illuminated Destiny," as BB-8 seems to use it every 2 turns or so.)

I used BB-8 in my GW today. His cooldown does come down quite fast. Once you use it the first time, you get to use it every other turn or so.

Read the description for the move carefully. Every time someone uses a special, the cooldown comes down by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel. Two rounds and that's AT LEAST 50 removed. Add to that Finn's leader that reduces the cooldowns of Resistance allies whenever an enemy takes a hit from expose, and how BB-8 gains TM so quickly and you'll see Illuminated Destiny used a lot.

@Dretzle

What squad were you running? Zeta on anyone?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Just going to chime in here - I beat it with all G8 (all of them were nearly G9, missing stun guns and furnaces and the like), no zeta abilities, all omegas filled except Capitalize on FOO and The Order Relentless on FOST. Put some heavy duty mods on Kylo and Phasma. Took a lot of tries for tier 7, but RNG eventually came through for me. Stunned BB8, then kill Rey, Han, Chewie, Finn, in that order.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    (FWIW, on Tier 7 it seems to me that they lowered the 70 cooldown for "Illuminated Destiny," as BB-8 seems to use it every 2 turns or so.)

I used BB-8 in my GW today. His cooldown does come down quite fast. Once you use it the first time, you get to use it every other turn or so.

Read the description for the move carefully. Every time someone uses a special, the cooldown comes down by 1 for each ally with Secret Intel. Two rounds and that's AT LEAST 50 removed. Add to that Finn's leader that reduces the cooldowns of Resistance allies whenever an enemy takes a hit from expose, and how BB-8 gains TM so quickly and you'll see Illuminated Destiny used a lot.

@Dretzle

Zeta on Finn. Resistance Squad: Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot, BB-8. Once you get his covert intel rolling, keep using that special unless you have a very specific need for tenacity down (such as HAAT or you let yourself get down to one very healthy target).
  • Options

@Dretzle

Zeta on Finn. Resistance Squad: Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot, BB-8. Once you get his covert intel rolling, keep using that special unless you have a very specific need for tenacity down (such as HAAT or you let yourself get down to one very healthy target).

Nice. I'll give it a try. Thanks!
  • Options
    My FO team is pretty weak. It's not a team that'll scare anyone. With only two at 7* and two at 6*, plus only 3 of those at Gear 8. No mods on 3 of my squad.

Took a few tries before Tier 4 was 3*'ed. I could have won it at anytime with 2* (FOST kept dying even without Taunting), but wanted to 3* it.

Doubt the RNG would let me 3* the 5th Tier no matter how many tries I do. Going to use the next few days to gear and level them up a bit more.

No rush. I got 6 days left to unlock him. This would be the first "unlock at premiere" for me, as Yoda, EP, and R2 were unlocked on their 2nd run. With Thrawn returning next month most likely, I should be able to unlock him too. If CLS is returning in DEC, there's a high chance I'll get him too.

Happy hunting.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Well I managed it by putting a critical chance mod on Kyle...Tks for all the advise happy to have bb8 7*.....
  • Options
    Wow, that actually worked wonders. BB-8 helps out the Resistance squad tremendously.
  • Options
    Y
  • Options
    Wow, that actually worked wonders. BB-8 helps out the Resistance squad tremendously.

Is amazing.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/cal/collection/?f=first-order

6-star, easily, on first try. It helps that Zylo is a murder machine. Phasma and FOO both gave tm to Zylo. I didn't even bother picking targets until tier 6.
  • Options
    Did anyone managed to get 7* bb8 with only g8 team ?
    Or you have to have better gear team ?
  • Options

ALL gear 8 and with below average gear, did it with. A few try’s.[/quote]

Cool. You must have God mods then. I have better gear and 3 were dead on the next to last phase before I got to go. Tried of needing to have everything geared with no way of getting all the gear. Carbs and more carbs. [/quote]

I target bb8 first so he can’t get his illuminated destiny off, then Rey , then Han, chewy and Finn last. I kept Finn at bay with FOO ANd Kylo tmr/stun.
  • Options
    I did it with Phasma (L) [G8], FOTP [G9], FOST [G8], Kylo [G8], and FOO [G8]. No Zetas and only about half Omegas filled. It took many, many tries (~50). My mods were better than average, but not great. I slowly improved my team until I finished it since I am saving gear/ability mats for others. I did not have to increase gear level, but I did add a few gear pieces here and there and also put about 2.5 million into my mods (wasn't desperate enough to remove from my better players - would have done that if it were day 7 of the event).

I went for Rey first, then Han, Chewy, BB-8, and Finn. Initially, I went for BB-8 last, but after several tries I decided to take him out earlier. I think without FOTP at Gear 9 it would have been much more difficult.
  • Options
    6* so far with this team (phasma g7 rest g8) no omegas or Zeta's on any of them.

https://swgoh.gg/u/witnessedjarl/collection/?f=first-order

modded foo on speed (236) fotp crit dmg+ crit chance mods Phasma potency (for speed down) slightly faster than fotp, kylo slightly slower than fotp all between 200-210 speed. fost still has his mods on him.

managed to win in 3 tries followed advise on restart if anyone other than fost got stunned. kill order Rey, Han, chewwie, bb8, finn. was left standing with 3 (phasma kylo fotp)

will try later with same gear levels on t7 just need 18 more fotp shards
  • Options
    I beat the final tier of BB8 today with the following:
    Kylo g8 level 82 ( everyone else was 75) abilities level 8 basic level 6 outrage (every other ability was level 5 across the entire first order)
    FOTP was g9
    Everyone else was g8

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/collection/?f=first-order

• Options
    I don't see BB-8 being active on my roster on swgoh.gg, anyone else having that issue?
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rujedi wrote: »
    These guys on here who are beating it with g7 and g8 must be cheating
    i did t6 with this, no zetas nor omegas, just some skills/uniques at lv7 every other skill were at lv3/4
    speed: kylo (195), foo (234), fost (114), phasma (176), fotfp (179)
    8D9.png

@Picard i dont see anyone on my roster being synced since at least 2 days ago
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    While I would love to get a special node for those who worked hard and are ready for it, its not going to happen. What I wish most is that they would give us more time than one week to prepare toons we haven't touched since we started (looking at you FO Officer!).
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Options
    I used:

* Phasma as leader (G9, no zeta - ok mods)
    * FOO (G10 crappy mods - no zeta available yet)
    * FOST (G9 crappy mods no zeta)
    * FOTP (G9 crappy mods no zeta) and
    * Kylo (G11 ok mods and with zeta)

Phases 1-6 were a cake walk, but 7 was a little more difficult. Only Kylo was left standing as I annihilated Finn and then finally BB8.

Unlocked a 7* BB8 - first try.
  • Options
    My personal opinion is that BB8 shouldn't be a legendary event. He's not deserving of it. The past events like this, Yoda, Palp, Thrawn, R2... they are all fan favorite, iconic, time period kit worthy kind of toons. Someone like Yoda and Palp don't have as much use as they did when they came out in those events, but at that time, they were great toons. BB8 imo doesn't fit that bill. Sure he's great for raids. But for a legendary toon, he should be great for all areas of the game imo. I feel this was a waste of a legendary toon using FO. They could have used FO for a toon that had a better all around kit like the other legendary toons and maybe have the toon be more important or iconic to the series than BB8. In that regard, I'm very disappointed with this event. And the fact it took all of 6 minutes to play.
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that BB8 shouldn't be a legendary event. He's not deserving of it. The past events like this, Yoda, Palp, Thrawn, R2... they are all fan favorite, iconic, time period kit worthy kind of toons. Someone like Yoda and Palp don't have as much use as they did when they came out in those events, but at that time, they were great toons. BB8 imo doesn't fit that bill. Sure he's great for raids. But for a legendary toon, he should be great for all areas of the game imo. I feel this was a waste of a legendary toon using FO. They could have used FO for a toon that had a better all around kit like the other legendary toons and maybe have the toon be more important or iconic to the series than BB8. In that regard, I'm very disappointed with this event. And the fact it took all of 6 minutes to play.

I'm guessing you don't have a good Resistance team. If you did, you'd see.

• tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »
    tmntguy86 wrote: »

BB8 is good for raids and should be for TB. He's not high end, top 20 arena viable. And resistance doesn't hold at all on defense. They get slaughtered. My point was that with the other legendary events, each of those toons were arena viable as well as PVE viable. BB8 seems very much a PVE only toon and won't help in the top end of arena. Plus, there's the iconic toon factor I also mentioned. How many people feel that he's on the same lvl as Yoda, Palp, Thrawn or R2 as far as iconic or fan favorite?

Imo, BB8 should be more of a marquee event release toon or something g similar to that than a legendary event toon. I don't h e any problems at all with BB8 being released with the kit he has. I just personally feel it should have been in a different kind of event than a legendary event.
  • Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »

If the game itself says BB8 is good for the game, then it's good for the game. From what I understand (since I don't have BB8), BB8 is a definite plus for your resistance team.

That said, BB8 is as iconic as a bag of rocks. You ever hear anyone in real life talking about BB8? I'm sure it's happened but I cannot remember any time in my life when the topic of discussion is BB8, or when someone said, "that's just what BB8 would do!"

It's like the Wiggs combo. For a time, these two guys were more powerful in the game than Luke? Huh? Or Chaze? Why are these two so powerful? Did the Rogue One story revolve around Chaze?

Don't get it, sorry.
  • Options
    @Picard

I have synced my swgoh profile multiple times since getting BB8 7* last night and he won't show up at all on my profile there either.
  • Options
    It's a shame you HAVE to have all 5 @7*. I'd much rather they let you attempt it without a full squad.