Prepared vs Easy (small rant)

With each of the last events that have been released, I can't help but cringe when people respond with comments like "That was too easy" or "I'm disappointed, it should have been more difficult."
My opinion has been that it 'wasn't easy' but that 'I was prepared for it.'
With these events they have given us a subtle clue or straight up announcement of what's coming, and who we should 'prepare' for the upcoming event.
Just remember we all had to invest credits to level up each character levels, credits and materials to raise skill levels, energy to farm mods, credits to level up mods, energy/credits farming/equiping gear, long farms for shards to get to 7* and possibly stop working on another team that we were focusing on... all to prepare for the next event. Remember you have invested days, weeks, months to walk away with that shiny new 7* character.

Replies

• Totally agree. If they did make it super difficult to complete events then there would be a tirade of people moaning that's way too hard and just for whales
  • Rogee wrote: »
    With each of the last events that have been released, I can't help but cringe when people respond with comments like "That was too easy" or "I'm disappointed, it should have been more difficult."
    My opinion has been that it 'wasn't easy' but that 'I was prepared for it.'
    With these events they have given us a subtle clue or straight up announcement of what's coming, and who we should 'prepare' for the upcoming event.
    Just remember we all had to invest credits to level up each character levels, credits and materials to raise skill levels, energy to farm mods, credits to level up mods, energy/credits farming/equiping gear, long farms for shards to get to 7* and possibly stop working on another team that we were focusing on... all to prepare for the next event. Remember you have invested days, weeks, months to walk away with that shiny new 7* character.

Perfectly put and I agree 100%
    Nice post sir :smile:
  • Well said
  • If they made events harder, they would all require characters with full Furnaces, stun cuffs, stun guns etcetera... Now you can mostly get by with just G8, decent mods and maybe 1 character further developed. Which is I think the perfect difficulty for them
  • Completely agree. If you put the time or money in to grind the full 5-7* team, you get the rewards. Introducing characters (even rare or special ones) doesn't need to be end game content.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Completely agree. If you put the time or money in to grind the full 5-7* team, you get the rewards. Introducing characters (even rare or special ones) doesn't need to be end game content.

Sure, but that brings out another question. What is the end game content? Put yourself in the position of someone who chose to develop a First Order team over any of the more common teams. What end game content do they get to use it for? I can understand them being disappointed that they didn't even need most of what they worked on for this event, and people like me who have a crappy FO team but have a zeta Kylo get the same reward they do.
  • What is the end game content?
    My opinion is that the term 'end game content' doesn't fully apply to SWGoH. Or it's just different. In MMORPGs it usually denoted raid bosses that required dozens of players to attack i.e. a dragon, and had a chance to receive 'uber lewts.' Which might be a single piece of unique armor, weapon, or trinket. In SWGoH this would be similar to HAAT, but instead of each character building up their avatar with 'raid armor' to do more damage, we have to build up several teams. Basically right now 'raid armor' equivalent in SWGoH would be the 20+ speed mods, etc. Those are unique and can be used on any character, to improve that character.
    The 'end game' here will always be moved forward by adding new character/team combinations, as new characters are added. I don't expect them to release a character that is only available to the small percent of players that have every character at 7* and g12.
    But releasing characters that require 5, 10, 15, or 20 specific characters at 7* and g8 or better to get a new character is rewarding, but not 'end game.'

• I guess I overshot with my g12 Zylo, zFOST, zFOTP, and g11 zPhasma and FOO. Oops.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    I guess I overshot with my g12 Zylo, zFOST, zFOTP, and g11 zPhasma and FOO. Oops.

Probably could have beaten it with just phasma ans zylo if it would have let you.
  • Totally agree. If they did make it super difficult to complete events then there would be a tirade of people moaning that's way too hard and just for whales

Yea, cos that would NEVER happen.. lmao
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Anybody who found the event overwhelmingly easy (like myself) did not level their characters for the event. If you barely got to 7* BB8, chances are you did some grinding to get there. I would bet my bank account that not a single person put four Zetas on their FO squad ONLY for this legendary event. If you were fortunate enough to plow through the event, awesome, you got a legendary character on your squad now. If not, it gives you another difficult decision to make for your scarce resources.
  • Dude thank you for this. I only started in may and as anyone can imagine with the shlew of events CG has had it is extremely difficult to be prepared for everything.

I didn't get any legendary my first time around and every single time I come on the forums and see "wow that was so easy" yes for the people who have been playing for 2 years and who worked on those squads at a point of time I'm sure it is easy, but the content for these players is HAAT and the last few rounds of territory battles.

These same people cry about gear, galactic war nodes being too hard, CLS being unfair, some people will just never be happy and have no idea what they really want. I love this game, I love the recurring events because it means I will have something to work towards in the months to come and I love seeing what the progress is doing to my scores. We just need more positive people and posts on here.
  • Once upon a time, Yoda was very hard to get. Very hard. Needed Barris and some good luck to boot to remotely have a chance. Many, many complained in between posts crying for Rey nerfs. They nerfed Yoda challenge and everyone got Yoda. Perhaps things from the early game have shaped the current direction???
  • danrussoa wrote: »
    Once upon a time, Yoda was very hard to get. Very hard. Needed Barris and some good luck to boot to remotely have a chance. Many, many complained in between posts crying for Rey nerfs. They nerfed Yoda challenge and everyone got Yoda. Perhaps things from the early game have shaped the current direction???

Ir has shaped the direction because is the good direction, someone upset that it was super easy will never be as upset as someone that farmed one faction for months just to realise that his 7* g10 toons are not enough, that would make more poeple rage-quit than it being too easy, so I applaud the G8-ish requirements because it's a bit of a farm but not too much thinking that from g8 onwards some teams need like 7 stun guns + extra carbantis+ furnaces + extra holoprojectors+ some cuffs....... yes I am looking at you Phoenix team!!!!!!!