Starting over advice

Hi,
I am going to start a new account and i would love to hear some advice from you guys. There are going to be a lot of questions so you dont have to answer everything just share your thoughts when u think you have a point.
I was thinking about going a droid team with poggle ig86 ig88 genosian soldier hk47 right from the beginning. I am completely f2p and they seem to be relatively easy to get and pretty strong. The question is whether or not it is madness to not get lumi or even sid first considering gw. Also would u rather get ig 88 to 7 stars or hk47 and ig88 to 4 and go on from there?
I want to focus on saving crystals for packs and not get any energy refills. I use energy mainly for getting gear. I plan to farm char nodes only to support chars that are available in some kind of shipment. The grind is just unreal otherwise and the char might get nerfed until u are done like fotp. Cantina shipments goal is qui gon cause he is best i think for a future team. For gw i think i will need to max out jc But is he enough as the only healer? On my current account i have daka and lumi and i almost never lose anybody there. Even if you can only keep rank 100 u get about 200 crystals a day, which is about 2 packs a month. Getting the droid squad early should do better though i think.
So what do you guys think? Do u disagree or have different thoughts? Let me know. Thx

Replies

• Options
    How do u make a second account?
  • Options
    Tyler wrote: »
    How do u make a second account?

Use a different google account. Just search the internet if u dont know how.
  • Options
    U need lumi for gw. Will limit your farming a lot if you dont have her. Maybe not 7* but u need her.
  • Options
    Best advice I can give you for starting over: don't skip the part where you get to choose your name.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    First of all, as f2p, please do yourself a favor and forget about chromium packs altogether. Even if you unlock a great character such as I did (not heeding the advice myself) with Leia at 2 stars, what the heck am I supposed to do with that? I even got tarkin and maul at 4 stars but I can do nothing with them. Gearing up your characters should be priority #1, promoting (stars) is second and leveling is 3rd.

Only choose farmable characters and so sure, you can farm a droid team with Poe or Poggle. Or go Lumi, Sid, GS, Daka, QGJ, JC, chewy, more. But going after chromium pack or exclusive characters would be a big mistake IMO. Spend the crystals you earn farming gear and a limited and focused number of toons. When you can afford it refresh Catina energy for shipments and light/dark for gear farming. Good luck.
  • Options
    Doga wrote: »
    First of all, as f2p, please do yourself a favor and forget about chromium packs altogether. Even if you unlock a great character such as I did (not heeding the advice myself) with Leia at 2 stars, what the heck am I supposed to do with that? I even got tarkin and maul at 4 stars but I can do nothing with them. Gearing up your characters should be priority #1, promoting (stars) is second and leveling is 3rd.

Only choose farmable characters and so sure, you can farm a droid team with Poe or Poggle. Or go Lumi, Sid, GS, Daka, QGJ, JC, chewy, more. But going after chromium pack or exclusive characters would be a big mistake IMO. Spend the crystals you earn farming gear and a limited and focused number of toons. When you can afford it refresh Catina energy for shipments and light/dark for gear farming. Good luck.

My current account is lvl 70 and i have a decent squad. I just feel it was such a waste of crystals farming fotp and i am still not done after months. I don t expect getting any premium character to 7 stars any time soon. All i need is a strong arena arena squad which secures the income and a few additional healers for gw. Everything that goes beyond that is just collecting characters and maybe in the far future do something with them. Gearing your top chars doesnt take more energy than you get a day and when they are maxed u dont need any. I just feel like its a better deal to invest 2500 crystals in a guaranteed char which could save u a grind of 80 shards in the beginning than doing refreshes with **** drop rates. Plus u r always thrilled when u have enough to purchase another pack :smiley:
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hbk146 wrote: »

My current account is lvl 70 and i have a decent squad. I just feel it was such a waste of crystals farming fotp and i am still not done after months. I don t expect getting any premium character to 7 stars any time soon. All i need is a strong arena arena squad which secures the income and a few additional healers for gw. Everything that goes beyond that is just collecting characters and maybe in the far future do something with them. Gearing your top chars doesnt take more energy than you get a day and when they are maxed u dont need any. I just feel like its a better deal to invest 2500 crystals in a guaranteed char which could save u a grind of 80 shards in the beginning than doing refreshes with **** drop rates. Plus u r always thrilled when u have enough to purchase another pack :smiley:

Apparently you have no idea what to do with crystals as f2p player. Yes, spending crystals on FOTP farming was a waste. But spending them on chromium is even bigger waste.

As a f2p player you should spend your crystals on 1 cantina refill and 2 normal refills daily - NOTHING ELSE. If youll be succesfull enough to rank high in arena you may be able to afford another one cantina refill.

Cantina reffils are your best way to get shards - both from farming and shipments. Normal refills are needed to gear up your heroes and to get few shards extra if you are lucky with your daily hard missions.

f2p player needs actually 2 teams to have a chance for succesfull GW runs and high arena ranking. That means 8-10 heroes maxed depending on teams composition. In your case it will be 10 heroes since your team of Poe/Poggle/Droids has no chance to beat GW on daily basis. Gearing 10 heroes to lvl 8-9 is really difficult if you only have 100 crystals for refills daily. Best heroes use gear that requires 50 purple pieces to craft. Its few weeks of farming for 1 piece only with 2 reffils daily. And you will need a lot of such gear pieces for your team of 10 heroes... You most likely wont be able to farm all that gear before lvl cap increace, but even if somehow youll manage to, than next cap rise will offer gear that requires even more farming...
    If you pick your main heroes right and devote to farming gear for them, youll have a chance to gather enough resources daily to ensure faily fast progress of your collection and the game will be fun for you.

But on the other hand if you decide to spend your crystals on chromium only, in few weeks youll find yourself in a place where youll have a lot of 2-4* ungeared and unskilled heroes that are unable to neither win GW nor to rank top 5k in arena. Your daily crystal income will drop to below 100 and the only thing youll be able to do will be to start a new account and do it right finally... but most likely youll just give up and will pick another game...
  • Options
    I pulled some chromiums the first month. If I had it to do over again, I'd say don't gamble.

OK, you unlock more toons. That's great for the collector in us. But what can I do currently with a 4* Tarkin, 3* Fisto,or half of most other premiums unlocked?

Spend your crystals on farming up toons. Geo soldier may be a great first use of cantina energy for early arena ranks. I'd definitely spend it all on refreshing arena and refreshing energy. If you can make it to the top 20/10/5-1 of that server, the payouts will really launch you to a quicker pace. Higher rank=more pay=more refreshes. More refreshes makes for faster leveling, more toons unlocked, and better gear.

If I knew the formula for GW, I'd also want to min/max along those lines to ensure daily clears. But I can't help you with that.

Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    Buy one chromium pack with your nex account, the first one always gives a whole character. At least that's what I've heard. I have 2 account and bought a chromium pack on both, First one gave an ugnaught :D second account got barris.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Hey, I have started over with a new account and it's now two weeks. Right from the start I planned a droid team. I farmed IG88 from arena, IG86 from GW, GS from cantina, and Poe from cantina shipments. U can check out my progress so far in my diary, where I documented all the major moments. U can see what I chose, what skills I've upgraded, and my complete progression from a brand new account to where it is now. Currently rank 1 on the leaderboard. I did buy the Droid pack, Jedi knight pack, and Heroine pack.

Depends really on luck. Hope when u create your account whales don't also create new accounts at the same time.
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »

Apparently you have no idea what to do with crystals as f2p player. Yes, spending crystals on FOTP farming was a waste. But spending them on chromium is even bigger waste.

As a f2p player you should spend your crystals on 1 cantina refill and 2 normal refills daily - NOTHING ELSE. If youll be succesfull enough to rank high in arena you may be able to afford another one cantina refill.

Cantina reffils are your best way to get shards - both from farming and shipments. Normal refills are needed to gear up your heroes and to get few shards extra if you are lucky with your daily hard missions.

f2p player needs actually 2 teams to have a chance for succesfull GW runs and high arena ranking. That means 8-10 heroes maxed depending on teams composition. In your case it will be 10 heroes since your team of Poe/Poggle/Droids has no chance to beat GW on daily basis. Gearing 10 heroes to lvl 8-9 is really difficult if you only have 100 crystals for refills daily. Best heroes use gear that requires 50 purple pieces to craft. Its few weeks of farming for 1 piece only with 2 reffils daily. And you will need a lot of such gear pieces for your team of 10 heroes... You most likely wont be able to farm all that gear before lvl cap increace, but even if somehow youll manage to, than next cap rise will offer gear that requires even more farming...
    If you pick your main heroes right and devote to farming gear for them, youll have a chance to gather enough resources daily to ensure faily fast progress of your collection and the game will be fun for you.

But on the other hand if you decide to spend your crystals on chromium only, in few weeks youll find yourself in a place where youll have a lot of 2-4* ungeared and unskilled heroes that are unable to neither win GW nor to rank top 5k in arena. Your daily crystal income will drop to below 100 and the only thing youll be able to do will be to start a new account and do it right finally... but most likely youll just give up and will pick another game...

First of all as u said i do 3 refills a day with my current account so i have some experience with that and i too believed this was the best way. U say cantina is your best source for shards.but which char are u seeking exactly? I dont see anybody that would improve the droid team. If u wanted to do another kind of team it might be more important. As i said i only a need good team of 5 synergetic chars. Thats also why i dont get what u mean by me dropping in arena because of opening chromium packs. Of course the first priority is to max out those 5 chars and when they are lvl 70 and gear lvl 8 or 9 i dont see me dropping a lot. I personally avoid droid lineups in arena because they are too dangerous. So yes i have less shard income in cantina but really who cares? Poe isnt as great anymore. Qui gon is nice but doesnt fit in my current plans. There is just nothing i want to have right now.
    As for gw you are probably right that it will be hard. On my current lvl 70 account i get through gw everyday with poggle sid lumi daka luke. Sometimes i lose one char at the end but not too often. So yeah without lumi or daka i see a potential problem but jc and talia could be enough i dont know and want to try.
    U actually farmed the 50 piece gear? Wow i was too lazy for that. Didnt seem to have too much of an impact on the performance though. I dont expect a lvl cap increase soon. Most player feedback was that they would like to stay with 70 for a while and i dont see why cg would rush it.
    With your additional energy everyday of 3*45 i really dont feel like i need a whole lot more to progress with gear.
  • Options
    Buy one chromium pack with your nex account, the first one always gives a whole character. At least that's what I've heard. I have 2 account and bought a chromium pack on both, First one gave an ugnaught :D second account got barris.

haha... that indeed seem to be working. I just bought my first chromium pack after almost 3months of playing and it was Ewok Elder. I had him already form bronzium I guess, but thx to that pull I can now 3* him. If it only was Mace lol... Ill miss seweral of his shards for 6* Yoda battle this event and will have to wait for next one
  • Options

First of all as u said i do 3 refills a day with my current account so i have some experience with that and i too believed this was the best way. U say cantina is your best source for shards.but which char are u seeking exactly? I dont see anybody that would improve the droid team. If u wanted to do another kind of team it might be more important. As i said i only a need good team of 5 synergetic chars. Thats also why i dont get what u mean by me dropping in arena because of opening chromium packs. Of course the first priority is to max out those 5 chars and when they are lvl 70 and gear lvl 8 or 9 i dont see me dropping a lot. I personally avoid droid lineups in arena because they are too dangerous. So yes i have less shard income in cantina but really who cares? Poe isnt as great anymore. Qui gon is nice but doesnt fit in my current plans. There is just nothing i want to have right now.
    As for gw you are probably right that it will be hard. On my current lvl 70 account i get through gw everyday with poggle sid lumi daka luke. Sometimes i lose one char at the end but not too often. So yeah without lumi or daka i see a potential problem but jc and talia could be enough i dont know and want to try.
    U actually farmed the 50 piece gear? Wow i was too lazy for that. Didnt seem to have too much of an impact on the performance though. I dont expect a lvl cap increase soon. Most player feedback was that they would like to stay with 70 for a while and i dont see why cg would rush it.
    With your additional energy everyday of 3*45 i really dont feel like i need a whole lot more to progress with gear.

Well, do play as you like :) having fun is the most important. In my opinion 5 heroes, even maxed, wont guarantee you succes in arena, nor in GW. Droids were very powerfull before update, but now they are slowly vanishing from top ranks. There are many ways to beat them now, when Poe doesnt protect them from the very beginning of the battle. If you invest in one option only you may be in troubles after next update/path/fix.
    I preffer to have more options and as soon as I finish 1 hero I start working on next one.
  • Options
    You guys seem to think i really expect something out of the packs. I really dont :smiley: it is just that i think i can do my strat without spending crystals for it. I think the advantage of experience over newer players is enough. Simply dont make mistakes like getting luke instead of gs or other things. And as a bonus u get to buy packs. Its really not like i am desperate on getting anything useful out of it. Its just nice.
  • Options
    in that case you could probably just implement your new strategy on your old account and start pulling chromium packs from now on. This way all your previous work wouldnt go to wain and even if you did makesome mistakes (who didnt?) you surely also have some good heroes that can hold your back before your new team is ready
  • Options
    in that case you could probably just implement your new strategy on your old account and start pulling chromium packs from now on. This way all your previous work wouldnt go to wain and even if you did makesome mistakes (who didnt?) you surely also have some good heroes that can hold your back before your new team is ready

I consider my server to be pretty hard. I struggle staying top100 and yes i will do the new strat there too. I just wanted to try if i could start out with staying higher on the ladder and thereby getting further ahead of the others. I wont exceed 200 crystals a day on my old account anytime soon. But here maybe. We will see.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options

haha... that indeed seem to be working. I just bought my first chromium pack after almost 3months of playing and it was Ewok Elder. I had him already form bronzium I guess, but thx to that pull I can now 3* him. If it only was Mace lol... Ill miss seweral of his shards for 6* Yoda battle this event and will have to wait for next one

I went ahead to buy one single chromium in my main for the first time and sure enough I got a full character- QGJ. Already unlocked him so I got shards.
    mEDlJF0.png
    a5Tj04n.png
  • Options
    Reyia wrote: »

I went ahead to buy one single chromium in my main for the first time and sure enough I got a full character- QGJ. Already unlocked him so I got shards.
    mEDlJF0.png
    a5Tj04n.png

Congrats :) I wish somebody told me when I started. But all I read on this forum was: DON'T BUY CHROMIUM etc. The advice should be: buy 1 chromium :)
  • Options
    Re: starting over;

I recently started an account for my son and I've been helping to get him started. The grind is real.

My advice is first and foremost, try to work your way up to the under 2500 rank of arena as quickly as possible. When you first start I believe you will start somewhere in the 8000 range- at least that's where I started on both.. The ranks of 8000-2500 are filled with beatable opponents so its pretty easy to work your way up, even without a strong squad. From there you will have secured a steady crystal income and 400 arena tokens to spend daily. Note that it may be worth it to spend a couple of crystal refreshes to get 5 extra arena battles in the first few days. You want up there ASAP.

I would recommend buying the $4.99 starter pack. It is an arms race at the start and it's a slow road to build characters. Getting a Dooku or Veers will help a lot.

From there it's all about getting to level 40 and opening GW as quickly as possible. Execute your vision of what characters you want and go.

We went GS from Cantina farming- and he's already a beast
    Daka from Cantina shipments- at only 4*, a fully geared Daka is still viable in late stages.
    Sid in arena and working on Lumi in GW. Yes, it's cookie-cutter but it's just a foundation to open up revenue for the team you really want for levels 50+

• Options
    My suggestion is to view the game as a resource management game. The goal is to optimize output (beating gw and a high arena rank) with the most efficient input. Try to make a good arena team and a good gw with the most overlap possible. Once you set up your economy with 200+ crystals per day you will have resources to specialize arena and gw teams.
  • Options
    My suggestions:

-Before you start change the time zone on your phone so you can choose when arena ends (6pm of the time zone when you start the account)
    -if you don't play on a Samsung at least sign in with bluestacks for the Samsung welcome package (can be done anytime and gets you ig86 some shards and 400 crystals)
    -if you use throw away email accounts you could try opening a chromium right after the tutorial, if you don't like what you get you could start again (could take a very long time to get a room you want).
    -push hard the first couple days use crystals to refresh arena attacks and for more light side/dark side battles. I managed to crack the top 5 on the 2nd day and the extra crystals can help you get ahead on xp and gear.
    -don't waste crystals on chromium after possibly that first pack.

Being west coast I was able to set my time zone for the middle of the Pacific. 10pm my time with little competition which definitely helps. You may not be able to hold top 10 that long as more p2w people climb up.

Another thread suggested 2 refills on cantina and 2 is/ds. GS stars up super fast this way.