Which needs fixed more arena or Galactic war?

LiamTheWise
366 posts Member
edited October 2017
Arena payout is so annoying. Being sniped. Having to deal w other players calling u an enemy and not allowing u to collect at payout.
Galatic war since gear 12 and cls has become unbeatable for many that use to be able to complete it everyday.

Which needs fixed more arena or Galactic war? 41 votes

Arena
36%
Haybarn564cuyler41JetlifeLevlAdoy_IdeJSTRIKEBOMBManny415SpeedokillzC_BreezyFürkészFaaLiamTheWiseHskull55mb4880MolRebel86 15 votes
Galactic War
36%
CeberusKunSuffian123Savage__Will__16BrtStlndTtam_SirromNightfallsCurseEnderGamer87harryheckDAXSamDSCSampsonpikTothebarJaVCnNosfentorshipmasterChoubacca122 15 votes
Other
26%
ZtyleZombie961TooLColliiDanielOngGreenGoblin96HuatimusC1pher_FiveCK_3030DjangoFetttFierceRevan 11 votes

Replies

• Options
    Arena
    There is so much drama involved in arena. The whole payout thing is very frustrating when players constantly target u
  • Options
    Galactic War
    Granted the way Arena is handled is not appealing to everyone (pretty much your Top 10 enjoys it, the rest probably not so much), but I hear people on here complaining about GW every day. Even though I very rarely ever am unable to complete GW, I feel inclined to join them in their complaining largely because I feel like it's far too much of an investment of time and energy for the meager rewards it presents.

Considering a lot of the teams I've seen in GW are harder than any other battle in this game, I feel like completing it should give me something better than 400 Currency (for characters I don't need) and a shard for Jedi Knight Guardian, Ugnaught, and some other random character I already have at 7*.

• Options
    Arena
    They both have problems with them. Arena should reward you for the highest rank achieved that day, and GW should face you against teams around the same power level as your top 5 characters (by power rating)
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Arena
    I think GW is fine, so I voted for arena. I think both are fine
    Post edited by Hskull55 on
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Neither, they are both completely fine.
  • Options
    Galactic War
    Galactic War

It used to be a challenge and fun. Now it is frustrating.
  • Options
    Other
    Neither, both are fine.
  • Options
    Galactic War
    GW basicly for the "health" of the game, and to keep players playing the game.

Personally I'd prefer an Arena fix. Because the way the arena works now I can't be bothered.

The best fix for the game would probably be if EA/CG realised that a huge part of the player base is adults with real lives.
  • Options
    Galactic War
    I vote Gw. Node 12 is unrealistically hard. Only top 10 arena folks have a chance to finish that.
  • Options
    Arena
    Tothebar wrote: »
    I vote Gw. Node 12 is unrealistically hard. Only top 10 arena folks have a chance to finish that.

I completed mine today and I'm not a top 10 player
  • Options
    Other
    Grind up, both are great the way they are now
  • Options
    Arena
    DanielOng wrote: »

I love your "arena team" xD
  • Options
    Arena
    As stated a zillion time already: Galactic War is easily beatable with a well geared Resistance team. The likelihood that having a resistance team will be necessary for upcoming content and event seems really high, too. I know there are stubborn players who don't want to farm them, but GW, TB Combat Waves, Ground War Assault Battles, high end Light Side battles, and again the very real possibility they will be necessary before the Last Jedi movie comes out... a zFinn Resistance team has been the best investment of my time in the game. Do yourself a favor... get them geared up.

As far as arena... I think it is a little too top heavy with the payout. Spreading the love into top 10 and 20 would ease some of the collusion and animosity at the top.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    Galactic War
    As stated a zillion time already: Galactic War is easily beatable with a well geared Resistance team. The likelihood that having a resistance team will be necessary for upcoming content and event seems really high, too. I know there are stubborn players who don't want to farm them, but GW, TB Combat Waves, Ground War Assault Battles, high end Light Side battles, and again the very real possibility they will be necessary before the Last Jedi movie comes out... a zFinn Resistance team has been the best investment of my time in the game. Do yourself a favor... get them geared up.

As far as arena... I think it is a little too top heavy with the payout. Spreading the love into top 10 and 20 would ease some of the collusion and animosity at the top.

Resitance is not your entire roster, please read the GW "disclaimer".
  • Options
    Arena
    Don't see a disclaimer.. I just farmed the team needed to beat GW. If it wasn't beatable by any team, then it would needed to be "fixed."

• Options
    Galactic War
    Well the rather bad tutorial in th begging of the game tells you clear as day that GW is a mode for your entire roster. And btw I said "disclaimer" not disclaimer, big difference.
  • Options
    Arena
    Oh, I see... So here's how I play it. I use my Rogue One squad (5 toons) for Nodes 1-5. Usually Node 6 can be pretty tough for me, so I often have to send in my arena team (5 toons) to knock it out. Then I switch to Resistance team (5 toons) to continue to Node 9. Node 9 for me is a bear of a chore most days, so I have to send in a 2-3 "fodder" squads (10-15 toons) to burn their specials. Most of the time I can switch to Resistance team, but move Han Solo (1 toon) into Rey's spot. If I get past that Node, I usually switch back to Rogue One squad with Jyn as lead over my Arena team on Node 10 to preload for a major pain on Node 11 (my 12th node is the 3* weak-sauce squad). Now comes the fun... I ether have to send in 2 or 3 fodder teams (10-15 toons) again or Resistance can get them. Other times, I have to focus on the team's tank(s), losing Resistance or Arena, then finish with the one I didn't use. In a more rare circumstance, I lose both Resistance and Arena, having to put together a Rex lead smorgasbord board of my remaining top toons (5 toons) to clean up.

That being said, thank goodness that it doesn't require my ENTIRE squad to beat GW, but I'd say it takes quite a few good teams for me. This means that's as many as 51 toons, or 43% of my ENTIRE roster to complete most Galactic Wars.

Now quit your whining and go farm the squads that are well known to perform well in GW...

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Arena
    WHats wrong with gw? Look up the term galaxy; than look up the term war. Combine those together and think about it.. do you really expect to be the victor of this massive war across the galaxy with your whimpy roster? Get real.

Fix arena and make more teams viable like how it was just weeks before luke arrived
  • Options
    Arena
    I personally dont have a problem w beating gw. For me the problem is its to time consuming for the rewards. When u have raids and TB going all at the same time. I feel like its a chore more than fun. But i still dislike the way we r paid out in arena more. Maybe if finishing 1st wasnt so much better than 5 it wouldnt be a problem. Top 10 should all be the same. Or maybe they should lock out players after their payout so they cant keep others from collecting. Or just let u collect what ur highest rank of the day was
  • DanielOng
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Other
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    DanielOng wrote: »

I love your "arena team" xD

It was fun
  • Options
    Other
    I feel if there were more viable characters that allowed for more diverse but usubale teams it could help with GW as it would allow people to farm (for the most part) any faction but still be able to go through GW with some strategy. As well as increase the potential of a hard node team being one you can counter with your roster. As for arena I'm more concerned over the takeover of Luke rather than sniping as that's only a top 10 problem really.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Other
    Both
    The payout time system is annoying and ridiculous imo, especially when you are unable participate because of life,personally I can only play Arena 1-2 weeks a year, so I don’t bother doing much more than my 2 battles to get my dailies done
    GW has been a joke since like forever and especially after the last remake, which suddenly makes node 6 one of the hard nodes, personally I think the best version was when retreating was saving the nodes progress, I have Zero trouble completing GW but I feel for those who hit the impossible GW wall day after day
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection